WCL champion to make MMA debut at Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WCL champion to make MMA debut at Strikeforce
MMAcca
6/23/08 4:38:45PM
Chuck Norris' World Combat League champion Raymond "The Real Deal" Daniels will make his mixed martial arts debut at this Friday's Strikeforce event in San Jose.

Daniels has drawn comparisons to Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le for his unblemished kickboxing record. But instead of San Shou, Daniels' background is in Karate and Tae Kwon Do.

"I still haven't had any challenges or anything like that so I decided to come over to MMA and see how good I really am," Daniels said of the move.

LINK
The-Don
6/23/08 6:44:24PM
big question is what sort of ground training has he done.. if he thinks he is coing in with pure stand up.. He is as crazy as his stand up skills are.. But this is MMA he has alot more to think about then kicks and punches... I wish him luck though I have liked watching him in the WCL
candynuts
6/23/08 6:58:51PM
This could bite them in the ass just like when strikeforce previously brought in kickboxing champion Brian Schwartz, however this new kid is 28 I think and looks very promising if he is able to work on his ground game.