WCL

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WCL
POLL: Do you watch WCL?
Yes 60% (9)
No 40% (6)
koji112091
7/30/07 10:13:08PM
Hi. I just want to see if anyone watches the world combat leag.

If you like graphling, You probably wont like it but for us who like striking only it might be better. the rules are that you can't hold but you can punch kick and kick with the knee all you want.
OSU!
grappler0000
7/30/07 10:51:17PM
I watched it once...actually as coincidence would have it, Pete Spratt was fighting. I prefer MMA though.
Lord_Lenny
7/30/07 11:24:01PM
I'll watch it when its on, but i dont plan my day around it like an MMA event
mrsumo
7/30/07 11:24:55PM
It is pretty interesting. The contact rules make it pretty fast paced. I think Chuck Norris is the founder of that league. Even better it's on Vs. so it's free to watch if you have cable.
ac_gi
7/30/07 11:27:32PM
I have it set on my Tivo. However, it's not as interesting as a MMA event. I really expected the WCL not to make it. This news article indicates that the league is going strong and will continue to be broadcast on the VS channel. Chuck Norris calls the WCL "MMA" in the article... I don't think so Chuck.

"We're a long-term player on the mixed-martial arts landscape," said WCL founder and martial arts legend Chuck Norris.
koji112091
7/31/07 9:57:28AM
Well, I sometimes like it better then watching MMA. I'm not a big fan of graphling but I love striking which makes this show ideal.
However I watch all fighting events exept for boxing and wrestling.
grappler0000
7/31/07 10:15:00AM

Posted by ac_gi

I have it set on my Tivo. However, it's not as interesting as a MMA event. I really expected the WCL not to make it. This news article indicates that the league is going strong and will continue to be broadcast on the VS channel. Chuck Norris calls the WCL "MMA" in the article... I don't think so Chuck.

"We're a long-term player on the mixed-martial arts landscape," said WCL founder and martial arts legend Chuck Norris.

LOL...it is Mixed in the sense that there is a mix of MA's, but not in the sense that all MA's are included. It basically boils down to modified kickboxing. Norris is full of crap...I hope that Norris doesn't rip my liver out with his bare hands for saying this
wilwith1l
8/1/07 2:21:42PM
I have to be hard up for fight action to watch it, but I have.
I don't like the....
Leg kicks are allowed to the support leg as well as the lead leg, but must be at least three inches above the knee. The announcer also said that low kicks could be used to set up combos.