WBO Assigns 5 Judges to Re-score Pacquiao/Bradley

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » WBO Assigns 5 Judges to Re-score Pacquiao/Bradley
Kpro
6/13/12 11:54:07PM
The World Boxing Organization on Wednesday announced it has assigned five judges to re-score Manny Pacquiao's controversial loss by decision to Palm Springs' Timothy Bradley in an effort to convince state commissions to widen the pool of judges for major fights.

Although many at ringside for Saturday's fight gave Pacquiao between nine and 11 rounds, judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross scored the bout 115-113 (seven rounds to five) in Bradley's favor, and a third Nevada judge, Jerry Roth, had it 115-113 for Pacquiao in the WBO welterweight title contest.

WBO President Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel said five judges, from New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania and Puerto Rico, will re-score the bout and submit their work confidentially to the WBO, with the scores to be gathered by Monday.

Kpro
6/14/12 12:00:45AM
I don't want to celebrate too early in case somehow 3 of the 5 new judges score for Bradley for some unbelievable coincidence that they found the only 3 other people to score it for Bradley but even Bradley knows he didn't win the belt as does his manager and promoter. Even if everything ends up as it should have, there was still something very fishy about this that is being covered up in the litter box.
lohmann
6/14/12 12:28:19AM

Posted by Kpro

I don't want to celebrate too early in case somehow 3 of the 5 new judges score for Bradley for some unbelievable coincidence that they found the only 3 other people to score it for Bradley but even Bradley knows he didn't win the belt as does his manager and promoter. Even if everything ends up as it should have, there was still something very fishy about this that is being covered up in the litter box.

The fishiest thing about this entire catastrophe is that WBO is unwilling to do anything significant about the Pacquiao vs. Bradley decision. They will break precedent to cover their tracks instead.

However, Iprefer to take the decision as it is, mostly because it allows me to extol the idiocy of judging in combat sports even more. If it was a cover-up, maybe there would have been a concerted effort to at least award the closer rounds to Bradley instead of taking the obvious Pacquiao rounds from Manny. To me it seems quite obvious that the WBO is trying to apply a band-aid to a plague and this may just worsen the infection that already has deep roots in every athletic commission across the United States.

The WBO should bang the drums and try to start an investigation of not this isolated incident but the widespread problem of bad judging and hit at the process that enables judges to be judges. The decision should stand as a reminder that there is ineptitude - so much ineptitude at that ringside table. But no, instead a network of friends down in Nevada are punishing nobody, reforming nothing, and distracting everybody from what happened with this lame shit.
Pookie
6/14/12 12:45:08AM
Wow, huge props to Bradley if he actually returns the belt to Pacquiao.
lohmann
6/14/12 12:45:09AM
Sorry to double post, but now that I have come to my senses maybe I can think a little more about this controversial topic.

In summation, Keith Kizer is an idiot.
frizzzlecake
6/14/12 1:02:25AM
If I were Pac-Man I would never accept someone trying to hand something back, I would want to TAKE it.
george112
6/14/12 1:28:24AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

If I were Pac-Man I would never accept someone trying to hand something back, I would want to TAKE it.

The guy conceded that he actually lost.

I would agree if Bradley was walking around boasting about how he whooped Pac
BlueSkiesBurn
6/14/12 1:31:22AM
The post was a hoax.

Vancouver Sun
george112
6/14/12 1:38:47AM
Damn it to hell

I had a feeling when I saw the like and share crap

Frizzlecake maybe you were right