anyone watching cage rage?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » anyone watching cage rage?
disorderlyvision
4/21/07 1:36:21PM
it is being webcast free right now
xthe_scottx
4/21/07 2:43:45PM
Wow. Did anyone see that spinning back fist/elbow that knocked out Pointon?
disorderlyvision
4/21/07 4:16:24PM
yeah that was crazy. knocked him smooth out with that.

so far all the fights have been good, except for the rua fight. reid cracked his shin bone in the first exchange. i figured rua would win but not like that
Svartorm
4/22/07 2:22:03AM
Looking at the results, I'm surprised Tank lasted that long. Did Turner take his sweet time, or was Tank actually doing well?

I was curious about that (cut on the shin) thing. Did his leg actually break, or was it really just a cut?
xthe_scottx
4/22/07 2:29:15AM
In the Tank vs Turner fight, Tank instantly came out and landed a huge punch that dropped Turner but he was still in it and when Tank tried to finish it, he gassed. Tank probably gassed about 1:30-2:00 min in.

In the Rua vs Reid fight, they both came out swinging. Reid looked like he got the better of the striking but they threw for about 20 seconds. What caused the cut was Reid threw a leg kick and Rua checked it. Reid's shin hit Ninja's knee hard and caused an gash that was pouring out blood. The Fight should be a draw and I thought it was ruled a draw due to injury but Sherdog says Rua got the win by TKO.

Great card overall.
disorderlyvision
4/22/07 2:29:43AM

Posted by Svartorm

Looking at the results, I'm surprised Tank lasted that long. Did Turner take his sweet time, or was Tank actually doing well?

I was curious about that (cut on the shin) thing. Did his leg actually break, or was it really just a cut?

tank rocked him early, but gassed and turner got mount and pounded him out

it didnt specify whether it was a break or not, i am curious myself. it was probably just a cut or a hairline fracture maybe
keith-hackney1
4/22/07 12:56:25PM
I like tank for stepping in. More than this, i love the part where tank sucked down a cold one straight after the fight.
I didnt realize xyience make beer !!!!
johny_rotten
4/23/07 12:20:20AM
I was very impressed with Vitor. He has changed camps again joining Anderson Silva in his new team. At first glimpse it could be very good for him. He came out in this fight throwing high kicks, and leg kicks. I can't remember the last time I saw Vitor do this. I don't know the level of the fighter he faced, but Vitor used every element of MMA to stop him. I like to see that since Vitor has all the tools, but has rarely used them all in one fight.
xthe_scottx
4/23/07 12:25:18AM

Posted by johny_rotten

I was very impressed with Vitor. He has changed camps again joining Anderson Silva in his new team. At first glimpse it could be very good for him. He came out in this fight throwing high kicks, and leg kicks. I can't remember the last time I saw Vitor do this. I don't know the level of the fighter he faced, but Vitor used every element of MMA to stop him. I like to see that since Vitor has all the tools, but has rarely used them all in one fight.

Yeah. I asked about this on the play-by-play thread in the spoiler forum (Link for proof). I wasn't aware he had joined black house and he looked good because of it.