WAR SAKURABA!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WAR SAKURABA!!!!
pv3Hpv3p
5/11/07 5:42:56PM
Barring that he passes his physical and what not, Kazushi Sakuraba is coming to California to fight Royce Gracie... Not only is this a rematch of an epic 90 min battle from years past, but it also may be the last time we see Saku in the ring (or Royce for that matter)...

Not taking anything away from what Royce and all the Gracies did for MMA... But there has never and probably will never be a fighter like Kazushi Sakuraba... The man is a natural 185er and he has fought most of his career against LHW's if not HW's... He has fought, bled, & sacrificed more than any fighter in this sport. Saku is one of the best examples of what exactly makes out sport so great...

To make a long story short, I wanna see a little support for Saku, so come on men...

I'll happily start it off...

W A R

S A K U R A B A
hcazlekker
5/11/07 5:59:48PM
Since I first started watching mma, Sakuraba has been one of my favorite fighters. I'm psyched about this (re)match!

WAR SAKU!
Mastodon2
5/11/07 6:55:20PM
Sakuraba was THE first fighter that really opened my eyes, seeing his own 15 minute Highlight reel on the Pride 1-8 highlight dvd that came with the PS2 game, I saw Sakuraba smashing Rickson (I think) Gracie with these devastating leg kicks and I was just

I recently got the dvd which featured the Sakuraba / Randleman fight, Saku was getitng pushed around by the much bigger and stronger Randleman ,and then Saku came out of nowhere with an amazing arm bar to finish it. I know some people talk about heart and a never say die attitude, but to me, Sakuraba epitomises that. He is a smaller, but very talented fighter, who used skill, heart and pure fighting spirit to beat the big boys

Ive ordered the Pride 2000 GP, cant wait to see this 90 leg kick extravaganza!

War Sakuraba!
JimiMak
5/11/07 7:57:36PM
Sak will always be my alltime fav. When I heard about the Royce fight I looked up him and consequently PRIDE. (Having forgotten who he was from UFCJapan) I've always preferred PRIDE after that til the day they died. He totally changed the way I viewed mma. He thinks about the game differently than anyone else. No matter how big a fight was w/l wasn't as important to him as making sure he put on the best show. He, consequently, always did. I'm hoping he can end this by tapout. Finish 5-0 against the gracies. Always be able to say Rickson dodged him. He was never even accused of dodging anyone because he has always fought anyone. Weight, skill, experience? Doesn't mattter to him. I hope he retires after this tho. I'm sure you all know why.

BTW, it couldn't have been Rickson, probly the Royler fight you're talkin about. He fought Royler, Renzo, Royce and Ryan, I believe it was in that order.
Rush
5/12/07 12:29:36AM
He's definitely an MMA legend. I'm happy if either Sak or Royce wins. This fight is like the Leafs playing the Habs in the cup final.
Northrend
5/13/07 12:02:52AM
War Sakuraba

Rampage_Soldier
5/16/07 12:29:59AM
Sakuraba vs. Royce Gracie in California? Is there a link to this info? I hope you're telling the truth because that would be an epic rematch. Their first fight at Pride 2000GP was an insane display of the modernization of MMA. I don't want to mention any details for those that haven't seen the fight yet. Even after their insanely long match, Sakuraba fought Igor Vovchanchyn for 20 minutes before Sakuraba's corner threw in the towel.

What promotion would this fight happen under? GFC?

WAR SAKURABA!
rcg916
5/16/07 12:47:04AM
johny_rotten
5/16/07 1:33:15AM
I have never been a fan of Sak's, but damn you have to respect him. When he is done fighting they should deleat the word "bushido" and change it to Sakuraba in the Japaniease language. He was in like 15 of the first 17 Pride events, and the whole time was fighting for the legitimacy of Japan's martial arts. It is a shame Pride doesn't have a hall of fame because Sak should be there with Igor as the first two members.
richieb19
5/16/07 1:52:14AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Sakuraba was THE first fighter that really opened my eyes, seeing his own 15 minute Highlight reel on the Pride 1-8 highlight dvd that came with the PS2 game, I saw Sakuraba smashing Rickson (I think) Gracie with these devastating leg kicks and I was just

I recently got the dvd which featured the Sakuraba / Randleman fight, Saku was getitng pushed around by the much bigger and stronger Randleman ,and then Saku came out of nowhere with an amazing arm bar to finish it. I know some people talk about heart and a never say die attitude, but to me, Sakuraba epitomises that. He is a smaller, but very talented fighter, who used skill, heart and pure fighting spirit to beat the big boys

War Sakuraba!

I can guarantee you it wasnt Rickson...
JunCTion
5/19/07 3:14:10AM
i didnt like or care for any fights that were on the ground. i didnt know what grappling was. until the "gracie hunter" hes the reason i liked pride beter than ufc
MethodMan
5/21/07 10:44:22AM
Dude Sak is a ledgend and should definatly make it into most peoples favorite P4P fighters,not only is he an inspirational fighter but it seems he genuinly enjoys himself in the ring. He is also an ambassador for the sport of MMA in japan much as Couture is in the west.
loller90278
5/21/07 2:13:53PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Mastodon2

War Sakuraba!

I can guarantee you it wasnt Rickson...

i think that was royce, and im orderin my ticket today to seee it liiiive! -my first mma event
pv3Hpv3p
5/21/07 3:56:08PM
Lucky bastard!!! - Does that mean Saku passed all his physical stuff?

This is going to be the first K-1 PPV I'm ordering, so I'm not sure what to expect... Anyone like / dislike / have comments on K-1's production on their PPV's?
p_unit23
5/21/07 4:26:24PM
i think Saku will win again but it doesn't really matter who wins, as long as i see a good fight.
hughesfan1
5/21/07 6:42:17PM
WAR SAKU !!!