War Nover!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » War Nover!
StorminYourman
12/4/08 3:32:42PM
Told all you from before day one the guy was going to the finals.
This kid is a bad mofo.
Listen to what Dana said and take note.The rest of the lightweights are going to have some trouble dealing with this guy.

War half filiipino half jewish dudes
War ER nursed
War Brooklynites
higdon10
12/4/08 3:36:34PM
Nover is a pretty bad SOB. I wouldn't try him.
bls1919
12/4/08 6:35:22PM
No doubt that he will dismantle Efrain in the FOTN. Nover is straight BAD!!! i can't wait to see him gain some expierience and start his way up the LW ladder.
aaa9erh8er
12/4/08 6:39:25PM
hmmm is he that good or did he fight medocre fighters will he be a bisping or a MAc. only time will tell they both destroyed all comp on the show then only one has done a thing sence winning. but i see him gaining some exp leaving for a good camp( dont no where he trains not saying its bad) and being a beast
StorminYourman
12/4/08 7:00:41PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

hmmm is he that good or did he fight medocre fighters will he be a bisping or a MAc. only time will tell they both destroyed all comp on the show then only one has done a thing sence winning. but i see him gaining some exp leaving for a good camp( dont no where he trains not saying its bad) and being a beast

His camp Team Insight in Brooklyn.
He trains at Soca Juijistu as well as some other spots.

On a side note I think Bisbing is real good at 185.
Mac needs some work, he haas a tough time against top tier guys.
Also Grove needs to up his game too IMHO.
nickcuc547
12/4/08 7:03:08PM
nover's kimura from the bottom was sick, the guy is legit, power and speed, striking and subs are both great. all he needs is a little more polish on his standup, this guy is going to be a star.
gartface
12/4/08 7:10:14PM

Posted by nickcuc547

nover's kimura from the bottom was sick, the guy is legit, power and speed, striking and subs are both great. all he needs is a little more polish on his standup, this guy is going to be a star.

He grabbed that arm and didn't let go. That was the most impressive thing to me...oh yeah and that small package he put him in.
higdon10
12/4/08 7:24:47PM

Posted by bls1919

Nover is straight BAD!!!

Thats for sure.
dannyfrank
12/4/08 8:20:06PM
nover actually kind of scares me. he turns into a straight up animal when he fights. i sure as hell wont ever think someone is less manly for being a nurse
Pitbull09
12/5/08 12:43:10AM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Seems like you underestimate Mac after one loss to a top LW. Mac will improve and I;m sure he will end up beating Josh Neer and move up the ranks again.

Bisping to be is the most overrated. He did lose to Hamil, then to Rashad in a slow paced fight. His drop to 185 helped him but I think if he goes against Okami, Henderson, or Franklin, he is screwed.

Anyways, to address the topic. I think Phillipe was a lot of our favorites from the beginning and most people saw Nover and Efrain making it to here. Phillipe may be my favorite lightweight next to Guida and Maynard if he can succeed in the UFC. The division is packed so there are plenty of guys he can face before they give him a real big challenge. I say him and Efrain will be around the UFC longer than Emerson, Witman, and Cory Hill from TUF 5.
moob
12/5/08 9:00:09AM
This kid looks like the next big thing in the LW division - amazing the other night - Efrian is no mug, but will lose to him.
4u2nv
12/5/08 9:25:36AM
If it wasn't for this fight this Finale this yr would be the ultimate suck!!! Bader and Vinny might be a snooze fest and the rest of the card doesn't look good except Junie getting pounded again. lol Nover looks to be very good and he's just starting. Does anyone know what camp he's training at for the fight bc thats all he needs in a good camp and he'll def be the next KenFlo of the LWs.
State_Champ
12/5/08 2:56:39PM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by aaa9erh8er

His camp Team Insight in Brooklyn.
He trains at Soca Juijistu as well as some other spots.

On a side note I think Bisbing is real good at 185.
Mac needs some work, he haas a tough time against top tier guys.
Also Grove needs to up his game too IMHO.

Jackelope
12/5/08 3:01:27PM
I'm going to bump the old TUF 8 thread. Should be interesting to see everyone's thoughts

Edit: Bah, all the talk is in 100 different threads
dannyfrank
12/5/08 4:03:14PM

Posted by 4u2nv

If it wasn't for this fight this Finale this yr would be the ultimate suck!!! Bader and Vinny might be a snooze fest and the rest of the card doesn't look good except Junie getting pounded again. lol Nover looks to be very good and he's just starting. Does anyone know what camp he's training at for the fight bc thats all he needs in a good camp and he'll def be the next KenFlo of the LWs.

man, i doubt that junie will lose to kaplan. junie fought like crap his last two fights, but he's been training at xtreme couture and seems to hace chilled a bit. besides, kaplan is straight up garbage IMO
StorminYourman
12/7/08 1:25:18AM
War Nover again
He just recieved his BJJ blackbelt on Saturday------
Congrats to him!
hodge
12/7/08 9:51:59AM
Nover vs Nate Diaz would be amazing hopefully they put it together after the finale.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
12/9/08 12:20:11AM
Efrain will win. He will wrestle Nover to the ground and keep him there. Efrain has better BJJ, he just insn't belted,
higdon10
12/9/08 4:26:25PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Efrain will win. He will wrestle Nover to the ground and keep him there. Efrain has better BJJ, he just insn't belted,

I think that the fight will be a lot closer than people think, as Efrain has the edge in wrestling and his hands arent too bad. But I think that Nover will get the win.
cheesy-maggot
12/9/08 5:19:34PM
Yeah I think this is going to a fairly close fight, and eventhough I like Efrain, I see him losing.

Nover could be the filipino face of mma and a big star if he keeps on beating guys in the UFC.
higdon10
12/9/08 6:08:49PM

Posted by cheesy-maggot

Yeah I think this is going to a fairly close fight, and eventhough I like Efrain, I see him losing.

Nover could be the filipino face of mma and a big star if he keeps on beating guys in the UFC.

I think that he has the ability to be a star in the UFC.
StorminYourman
12/9/08 10:01:35PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

I disagree Phillipe has sick BJJ. It took him less then a year to go from brown to black!

Plus he is also a big LW.
Efrain will not be able to bully him around.
Do yourself a favor and bet on Nover!