WAR METAL

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » WAR METAL
« Previous Page
mikevolz
12/16/08 2:25:58AM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by breakdown5

I dig tons of metal and hardcore. Unearth, The Acacia Strain, Killswitch, Heal These Wounds, Candiria, Between the Buried and Me, Sepultura, Sabbath...there are just entirely too many to list. Metal gets shit from people who don't understand that the musicians in these bands are some of the most technical musicians in the world, hands down.

WAR METAL!!

not a band i thought id ever see mentioned on here.

deep cover.

Yeah. Got all their albums and saw them years ago when I was a kid. They are a great band. Very diverse sound. Killer deathcore into a sweet jazz breakdown. Good stuff.

how old are you? i remember listening to them in middle school, christ im 21 now, i cant believe ive been listening to them for 8+ years.
big_timmy
12/16/08 3:25:18AM
War from a harlots mouth

This sounds pretty similar to what you guys are talking about.
Mungooch
12/16/08 5:14:02AM
Slipknots new album is pretty cool so is underoaths
breakdown5
12/16/08 4:32:21PM

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by mikevolz

Posted by breakdown5

I dig tons of metal and hardcore. Unearth, The Acacia Strain, Killswitch, Heal These Wounds, Candiria, Between the Buried and Me, Sepultura, Sabbath...there are just entirely too many to list. Metal gets shit from people who don't understand that the musicians in these bands are some of the most technical musicians in the world, hands down.

WAR METAL!!

not a band i thought id ever see mentioned on here.

deep cover.

Yeah. Got all their albums and saw them years ago when I was a kid. They are a great band. Very diverse sound. Killer deathcore into a sweet jazz breakdown. Good stuff.

how old are you? i remember listening to them in middle school, christ im 21 now, i cant believe ive been listening to them for 8+ years.

I'm about to turn 27. I saw them when I was like 15 or 16 play in the worlds tiniest rock club. I'm actually surprised that there is someone else on here who has even heard of them before. Been going to hardcore shows for a long time.
Hendo67
12/23/08 6:30:52PM
Sweet thread, i'm huge on Metal.

I might as well share some of my favorite bands with you guys, so you can check them out...i'm sure a lot of you know them already, but i figure there's always a few who don't know about them.

In Flames
- always been one of my favorite bands for a long time, they've changed a lot over the years. However i still keep them close because they've been up there on my list for a long time. I think that they would be a great band to see live in concert.

Killswitch Engage
- Yes, i know they're growing into the mainstream, however, i don't think that's a reason to dislike a band. They are absolutely insane live, and great guys as well. Had beers with Adam when they played an Edmonton show, which was pretty cool. They also have great stage presence, and really know how to work a crowd. If you have small children, don't bring them, haha. Adam tends to say some ridiculous stuff on stage.

Bleed The Sky
- One of my newer favorite bands, great transitions in between heavy vocals and a more mellow approach. Check out the song "Sullivan" it's pretty solid.

Opeth
- In my mind one of the most talented bands out there, they are so diverse it's amazing. They can go from absolute aggressive, insane, intense vocals and heavy riffs to chill, relaxing, almost sleep to music which i think is a great trait in bands.

Tarot
- Pretty nifty band, new to me for the most part as well. Classic..ish vocals, with a newer wave sound, somewhat similar to Sonata Arctica.

Kataklysm
- Repping Canada, from Quebec i believe. Pretty solid band, great drumming if you're a fan of intense kicking.

Honorable Mention:
- Finntroll
- Korpiklaani
- Lordi
- Entwine
- Meshuggah
- Morgoth
Mungooch
12/23/08 6:45:04PM
Look up Austrian death machine
big_timmy
12/23/08 8:11:19PM
Already there bud, and im pretty happy with it. Love metal, and i love Arnie, so its a smooth mix.

Get to tha CHOPPA!!!
Mungooch
12/24/08 3:39:11AM

Banana Rock
higdon10
12/24/08 10:05:30PM
With Dead Hands Rising
Khaos
12/25/08 3:47:09AM
I think Big Timmy got it right, because Pantera IS the greatest metal band of all time . I'd also put Alice in Chains on the list, but some don't think it's metal(I think AIC is metal), and most don't think grunge is metal(it's a subgenre).
big_timmy
12/25/08 7:09:38PM

Posted by Khaos

I think Big Timmy got it right, because Pantera IS the greatest metal band of all time . I'd also put Alice in Chains on the list, but some don't think it's metal(I think AIC is metal), and most don't think grunge is metal(it's a subgenre).

Alice in Chains are the tits man.

Grunge is very much a sub-sub genre of metal. More just inspired heavily than any real relation. The anger, not giving a **** in general, the fashion, and the dirtiness.

It may not be as heavy as Metal, but it sure as hell appealed to a similar audience. If you listen to Pantera's mid to late 90's albums, you can hear the grunge in there. Far Beyond driven which is my favorite Pantera album had more grooves to it than their past albums. As thrashy and heavy as Cowboys and Vulgar were, they were still making the way towards a new sound. And Grunge actually got a few tips from these early albums, but then in 94, Far Beyond Driven actually borrowed from grunge, so its all a giant love in between Metal and Grunge.

You listen to Suicide Note prt 1 by Pantera, and tell me you dont hear a little Rooster by Alice In Chains.

And this little baby...
Alice In Chains With Phil Anselmo
Pages: 1 [2]