Anybody Wanna Make Fun of Me?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anybody Wanna Make Fun of Me?
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 1:19:09AM
OK, so my Buckeyes lost in the National Championship Game. But don't worry: I'm a tried and true fan, and I won't do something that other fans would, such as changing my avatar or something like that.

Hey, it's only football. While it's extremely important to me, life will go on. I have plenty of new things in my life to be happy about, including a new girlfriend.

Anyway, if anybody would like to make fun of me, here is your chance. Don't worry, it won't hurt my feelings. Just go ahead and do it.

Go Bucks!
Copenhagen
1/8/08 1:31:39AM
I'll make fun of you, HAHAHAHA.

Tiger's #1!

Ya'll had me scared in the beginning though.
hippysmacker
1/8/08 4:19:58AM
Anyone who is loyal to their team has my respect as a fan
candynuts
1/8/08 9:56:13AM
I will always hate Ohio State after they beat Miami. Always!
However when LSU started scoring after Ohio States fast start, I started thinking about how last year went for the Buckeyes and hoped that they could pull it together and make it a close game.
Oh but watching Jamarcus Russell at halftime wanted me to root for Ohio St.
cowcatcher
1/8/08 11:35:39AM
any bills fans want to help console this guy?
seriously though, another fast start in the BCS championship, and another derailment, must be rough man.
Violentcuv
1/8/08 12:11:24PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

OK, so my Buckeyes lost in the National Championship Game. But don't worry: I'm a tried and true fan, and I won't do something that other fans would, such as changing my avatar or something like that.

Go Bucks!

Im feeling your pain today too my friend.

But at least we are making it into the big dance more than anyone else. I think I heard today that OSU is the only team since the 1998 BCS series started to make it into the Title game for a third time. no for sure on that, but thats what i thing I heard.

Go Bucks!!!!
loonytnt
1/8/08 12:36:59PM
im more into the NFL go cowboys, but just because they lost im not going make fun of you, next year will start soon
lance70301
1/8/08 1:12:05PM
Tiger fan here....Good game!
Did have me worried for about the first 2 quaters !
emfleek
1/8/08 1:22:59PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Anyone who is loyal to their team has my respect as a fan

Ditto.

And I can't stand Ohio State.

Props to you for staying true.
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 1:39:53PM

Posted by cowcatcher

seriously though, another fast start in the BCS championship, and another derailment, must be rough man.

Haha it's not that bad. Like I said, I have many, many things to be happy about. It just sucks that we can get there but can't win it. Tressel used to be a big game coach, but the last few big games he has just outcoached himself.

There's always next year.
cowcatcher
1/8/08 1:42:55PM
well you shouldnt have to worry much about beating sconi next year, the badgers have some big holes in their D, at QB, and at WR to fill next year. really the only team that looks good enough to compete for the big 10 title is illinois at this point, and im not exactly sold on them.
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 2:22:54PM

Posted by cowcatcher

well you shouldnt have to worry much about beating sconi next year, the badgers have some big holes in their D, at QB, and at WR to fill next year. really the only team that looks good enough to compete for the big 10 title is illinois at this point, and im not exactly sold on them.

YOU don't have to be sold...everybody else is. They'll be the fave to win the Big Ten next year, and OSU will most likely be second.

And, call me crazy, but if Terrelle Pryor comes to Ohio State, then there will be an open QB battle between him and Boeckman, who has played crappy in all of OSU's big games this year.
cowcatcher
1/8/08 2:28:28PM
ohio state is the preseason #3 as it stands right now illinois is 16 and the badgers are surprisingly 15, so the people whose vote count certainly would call ohio state the favorites.
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 2:30:50PM

Posted by cowcatcher

ohio state is the preseason #3 as it stands right now illinois is 16 and the badgers are surprisingly 15, so the people whose vote count certainly would call ohio state the favorites.

Yeah, that'll change in about 6 months. Trust me: Illinois will be probably number 5, and OSU will be borderline top 5. The Illinois bandwagon will fill up throughout the rest of the winter and through spring.
Leland
1/8/08 4:11:40PM
Good game Ohio state.. Go Tigers!
JWils
1/8/08 4:41:36PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Posted by cowcatcher

Haha it's not that bad. Like I said, I have many, many things to be happy about. It just sucks that we can get there but can't win it. Tressel used to be a big game coach, but the last few big games he has just outcoached himself.

There's always next year.

Man, I wouldn't be to hard on Tressel.... LSU just had to much depth for OSU to deal with. IMO, the SEC is just on a whole other level than the Big 10.
mkiv9secsupra
1/8/08 8:00:33PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Hey, it's only football. While it's extremely important to me, life will go on. I have plenty of new things in my life to be happy about, including a new girlfriend.

Anyway, if anybody would like to make fun of me, here is your chance. Don't worry, it won't hurt my feelings. Just go ahead and do it.

Go Bucks!

Ohio State's just lucky it wasn't UGA they were playing against. OSU thinks LSU is quick? They got nothing on Moreno. Wait til next year when UGA goes undefeated and wins the championship......SEC > everything

Go Dawgs
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 9:23:43PM
Enough with the "SEC speed" crap. That's the biggest crock of s**t I've ever heard. Did Beanie Wells get caught from behind on that 65 yard TD run by Craig Steltz? I don't think so.

This game didn't have anything to do with LSU. I might sound stupid saying that, but OSU lost this game. LSU didn't win it. It could have been Oklahoma, West Virginia, USC, or anyone else, but OSU is the team that lost this game. And that's not taking anything away from LSU (well, not the team-I'll take everything away from Les Miles, who didn't even get the Gatorade dumped on him, but it was def. coordinator Bo Pelini), but this game was decided by Ohio State. Call me a biased fan or what have you, but there is no such thing as "SEC speed," and Ohio State is not on a lower level than any SEC team.

JWils
1/9/08 10:56:01AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Enough with the "SEC speed" crap. That's the biggest crock of s**t I've ever heard. Did Beanie Wells get caught from behind on that 65 yard TD run by Craig Steltz? I don't think so.

This game didn't have anything to do with LSU. I might sound stupid saying that, but OSU lost this game. LSU didn't win it. It could have been Oklahoma, West Virginia, USC, or anyone else, but OSU is the team that lost this game. And that's not taking anything away from LSU (well, not the team-I'll take everything away from Les Miles, who didn't even get the Gatorade dumped on him, but it was def. coordinator Bo Pelini), but this game was decided by Ohio State. Call me a biased fan or what have you, but there is no such thing as "SEC speed," and Ohio State is not on a lower level than any SEC team.

My point is that the top SEC teams have 3 or 4 deep at every position that has pretty much the same athletic ability as the starters. OSU's top guys can hang with anyone. I'm not saying that they can't.

But when they go into their depth chart, LSU's depth/subs were better than OSU.

LSU starters = OSU starters
LSU depth > OSU depth
That leads to an LSU 38-24 win.

I'm sure that I will not sway your opinion but I just wanted to explain mine.
cowcatcher
1/9/08 11:07:03AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Call me a biased fan or what have you, but there is no such thing as "SEC speed," and Ohio State is not on a lower level than any SEC team.

this is dead on, there is no such thing as SEC speed, every division 1 program in a major conference is just about on par with the rest. every year i hear that the big 10 is having a down year and that other conferences(lately its the SEC) are that much better, and every year that crap still stinks the same.
ohiostate1016
1/9/08 11:21:56AM

Posted by JWils

My point is that the top SEC teams have 3 or 4 deep at every position that has pretty much the same athletic ability as the starters. OSU's top guys can hang with anyone. I'm not saying that they can't.

But when they go into their depth chart, LSU's depth/subs were better than OSU.

LSU starters = OSU starters
LSU depth > OSU depth
That leads to an LSU 38-24 win.

I'm sure that I will not sway your opinion but I just wanted to explain mine.

That was exactly my point before the game. I actually picked OSU to win (a bit of bias, perhaps), but I thought that Tressel is such a better coach than Les Miles (trust me, Miles is NOT a good coach) that maybe it would have negated some of that depth that LSU has over OSU. Turns out, Tressel outcoached himself and Les looked like a genius. Like I said, nothing to do with LSU.
mkiv9secsupra
1/9/08 8:00:16PM
Here is an overview...

First number is bowl games played, then bowl wins, losses ties then win%

SEC - 361 - 184W - 164L - 13D - .522%

BIG 12 - 312 - 149W - 160L - 4D - .480%

ACC - 276 - 143W - 128L - 5D - .536%

BIG TEN - 234 - 114W - 117L - 3D - .498%

PAC 10 - 220 - 112W - 102L - 6D - .519%

BIG EAST - 104 - 48W - 54L - 2D - .470%

However with the ACC it includes the bowl records of Boston College, Miami, Florida State and Virginia Tech – who only very recently joined the ACC. And also these are not up to date with this years bowl records....

SEC > Everything.

And the whole SEC = Speed and BIG 12 = Power you have to remember its just a stereotype. Yes there are guys in each division who support the statement but there are others who are far from it. Like with UGA. We had Moreno who was quick but then we had thomas brown who was our power guy if we just needed those few extra yards. So to sum it up its JUST a stereotype.

and to add to the controversy...
The SEC leads the Big Ten with a 63-45-2 all-time record. The SEC has a .582 winning percentage versus the Big Ten. And over the last 5 years SEC vs BIG 10 favors SEC 10 - 8...3 of which happened this year.

Pitbull09
1/9/08 9:50:55PM
Ha, I would but I would be a hippocrit as I am a Michigan fan myself. Michigan couldn't even get into the Championship game the past two years because of the buckeyes and then they lost their rose bowl game to USC. It makes me sick.