Why was Wandy shaking his head after chucks fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Why was Wandy shaking his head after chucks fight?
Next Page »
macau
9/23/07 11:43:18AM
Was it because he thought that chuck won? Or was it because he thought it was a bad performance by chuck?
mrsmiley
9/23/07 11:47:15AM
I think he was probably just pissed that his fight with Liddell will probably be delayed longer now.
grappler0000
9/23/07 11:47:22AM
It was a...who the hell am I supposed to fight now?
warglory
9/23/07 11:47:45AM
I think he was probably just frustrated. He wanted Chuck to get the win so it would create tension in their bout.
nickcuc547
9/23/07 11:49:07AM

Posted by grappler0000

It was a...who the hell am I supposed to fight now?

agree, thats exactly what he was thinking
SpiderSilva
9/23/07 12:28:14PM
Well after that fight Wandi would mop the floor with Chuck the way he looked
But who even knows about Wandi after his last two fights
cmill21
9/23/07 12:39:12PM
Wand did the smart thing and took a long time off to get his head right.
MMA
9/23/07 12:41:06PM
Silva vs. Liddell would have meant so much more about a year ago ...
a1strait
9/23/07 1:24:44PM
I would much rather give Jardine a title shot and keep the liddel vs silva matchup going just for the draw.
cmill21
9/23/07 1:56:37PM
I don't really want to see that fight anymore. Chuck's hand are always rediculously low. Wand would just molest him. Now chuck seems to be broken mentally and have little to no "wow" factor to him and no one's scared of fighting chuck anymore.
babytater03
9/23/07 2:05:50PM

Posted by cmill21

I don't really want to see that fight anymore. Chuck's hand are always rediculously low. Wand would just molest him. Now chuck seems to be broken mentally and have little to no "wow" factor to him and no one's scared of fighting chuck anymore.

120%
Gladiator
9/23/07 3:22:02PM

Posted by MMA

Silva vs. Liddell would have meant so much more about a year ago ...

ya man... i am so disappointed chuck lost that fight. im not a huge chuck fan but jardine just ruined the most anticipated fight for me for the last five years. after wandy lost i was sad, but then chuck lost and the fight seemed like it still happen and be just as awesome... now it has completely lost its flavor altogether. ufc 76
juanez13
9/23/07 3:40:42PM
i agree with people saying that this fight doesnt mean as much now, personally i think is his time to retire now, damn shogun did pretty bad, i hope wandy takes his fight serious, and give it all he has.....
Taylor8766
9/23/07 3:43:26PM
I think it was a shake of disappoinment on behalf of chuck's performance, and that his fight with chucks will get postponed again.
postman
9/23/07 4:07:45PM

Posted by cmill21

Wand did the smart thing and took a long time off to get his head right.

And that is what Chuck should do. He should take some time off then go train with someone who will make his fat ass keeps his hands up and remind him that his kicks used to be pretty good. Chuck you are not fighting all ground guys now, these guys know how to punch and punch hard your not getting hit with glacing shots get your damn hands up!
kofranklin
9/23/07 4:30:08PM
he was mad becuase now he will not fight chuck.
blkssncpt
9/23/07 4:40:08PM
i think he was shaking his head becuz Dana White might have told him whom ever won this fight would get Wandy in December... and Jardine won because he threw Chuck of with his great kicks im not making excuses but no one ever goes in and kicks Liddel and as soon as Jardine felt the punches and the blood started to pour he went back to his bread n butter, and Chuck probably dint anticipate gettin kicked that much since he "knew" Jardine was gonna throw hands with him and nothing else.... im disappointed Chuck locked lik he lost alot of his power in the late second and third round, but than again Chuck has gone past the second round in 5 years...
TheHitmanTL
9/23/07 5:31:10PM
man im still pissed chuck didnt win...good for jardine but i REALLY wanted to see chuck and wandy bangin..i say jardine forrest 2 and still go chuck vs wandy just for the hell of it
mkiv9secsupra
9/23/07 8:33:11PM
We still have to wait and hear the medical suspensions to see if Liddell vs Silva is even possible for UFC 79 now...
jgtribbett
9/23/07 10:46:11PM

Posted by babytater03

Posted by cmill21

120%

i want to see forrest vs houston and jackson vs wandy
Xodus
9/23/07 11:25:17PM
screw wandys reaction, how about mayhem!

Ordep
9/24/07 12:03:41AM
IMO -

Chuck will still fight Wandy..... Why??

He's the baby boy of Dana White.... after his two loses he'll give him a chance with Wandy...if Chuck wins the fight (yeah sure ) Dana will have an excuse to put him "in the mix" again.

After seeing the decisions of Bisping, Jardine-Liddell (clearly an UD) + having Dana White protecting fighters I'll start to see UFC as boxing.... fixing fights based on the circumstances.
disposable_gamera
9/24/07 12:26:46AM

Posted by Ordep
After seeing the decisions of Bisping, Jardine-Liddell (clearly an UD) + having Dana White protecting fighters I'll start to see UFC as boxing.... fixing fights based on the circumstances.

Jardine won via a split decision. WTF? There's no way Liddell won two rounds!
cmill21
9/24/07 12:43:09AM

Posted by disposable_gamera

Posted by Ordep

lol nope, neither did bisping. UFC's dropping in my eyes anyways.
Ordep
9/24/07 5:40:21PM

Posted by disposable_gamera

Posted by Ordep

That's what I'm telling, Jardine should have won by UD. But there's a lot of things gooing on behind the scenes about $$$, Dana and fan favorite fighters. The "fastest growing sports" seems like is soon to be another WWE or Boxing.
mrsmiley
9/24/07 9:07:25PM
In the post fight interviews Dana White talked about Silva's reaction.He said before the end of the third round he walked up to Silva and said,"It looks like Chuck is going to lose this fight".He said Silva responded with,"What the **** are you talking about?Chuck is winning this fight!

That being said,maybe the judge who scored the fight in favor of Liddell wanted to see this fight realy bad too!Despite the fact Jardine totaly dominated the fight.I liked how before the judges decision was given Rogan,Couture,and Goldberg all said Jardine won the fight before the decision was announced.

Anyway,I think based on Silva's reaction,he seemed to want this fight a lot more than Chuck did.
Branwest
9/25/07 11:22:02AM
If Chuck won, Wanderlei and Dana White was going to get in the cage and announce the fight between Wandy and Chuck. That's why he was shaking his head.
cowcatcher
9/25/07 1:13:55PM
he realized he might have missed out on the biggest payday of his career when chuck lost, i think that has a lot to do with it. lets face it the guy just picked up and moved to the states, im sure he was looking forward to paying taxes here.
TNunley
9/25/07 1:30:57PM

Posted by blkssncpt

....but than again Chuck has gone past the second round in 5 years...

I'm assuming you meant to say that he hasn't gone past the second round in 5 years.... His last fight with Tito ended late in the 3rd round. Also the last fight with Jeremy Horn ended late in the 4th round.
johny_rotten
9/25/07 2:41:07PM

Posted by cowcatcher

he realized he might have missed out on the biggest payday of his career when chuck lost, i think that has a lot to do with it. lets face it the guy just picked up and moved to the states, im sure he was looking forward to paying taxes here.

That is most definitely the reason. If Chuck won that could have been sold as a main event, and a battle for the #1 contender spot. Since the casual US fan doesn't know Wandy there is no one else out side of Chuck that will make Wandy's first UFC fight a major event. Everyone else that could get people excited about a Wandy fight is out of the mix. A rematch with Tito would be a big seller, but he is fighting Rashad. Wandy vs Rampage would sell, but the UFC won't give a non title holder from Pride an instant title shot. Out side of that there really ins't a very compelling match up for him.
Pages: [1] 2