Wandy rematches?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wandy rematches?
Blizzard
8/19/07 3:55:48PM
Call me old fashion, I love old school UFC (along with the new).
I was wondering if any one else would like to see rematches of the fights that Silva lost years ago? Thoughts?

Silva vs. Tito
Silva vs. Belfort (UFC should bring him back IMO)

Mastodon2
8/19/07 4:03:42PM
Well, I've discussed in the past how I think TIto would lose a rematch, as Wanderlei's clinch and sprawl is vastly improved now, and he would smash Tito with his vastly superior striking.

As for Vitor, sadly, he isn't even close to being able to compete with Wanderlei these days. Since he lost by a decision to Tito (that imo, could have been called in Vitor's favour!) he just went off the rails. Then there was that business with his sister and all that. It's a real shame, he has the physical potential to be amazing, his hand speed is awesome, but he has been mentally destroyed and is almost assured to never get back to his old standard. Wanderlei would win a rematch by a devastating knock out.
Gladiator
8/19/07 5:10:10PM
or if dan beats rampage and wandy beats chuck then we might see henderson vs. silva 3. the last fight wasnt long ago but i would still want to see this rematch in the octagon.
loonytnt
8/19/07 6:35:11PM
rampage is not losing this fight so i dont plan on seein that but i would like to see wandy vs. rampage. rampage and wandy in a cage i think that would be cool to watch
griffinisback
8/19/07 6:38:29PM
Way I see it Hollywood beats Jackson, Silva beat Liddell in December, probably a #1 contenders match between Silva and Jackson, Silva obviously wins that one and we get to see SIlva Henderson III. Badass.
Blizzard
8/19/07 7:53:40PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Well, I've discussed in the past how I think TIto would lose a rematch, as Wanderlei's clinch and sprawl is vastly improved now, and he would smash Tito with his vastly superior striking.

As for Vitor, sadly, he isn't even close to being able to compete with Wanderlei these days. Since he lost by a decision to Tito (that imo, could have been called in Vitor's favour!) he just went off the rails. Then there was that business with his sister and all that. It's a real shame, he has the physical potential to be amazing, his hand speed is awesome, but he has been mentally destroyed and is almost assured to never get back to his old standard. Wanderlei would win a rematch by a devastating knock out.

I would tend to agree with you on both accounts. But - Except for the Fujita fight, Wanderlei has not looked that great in past years either, and Vitor did go the distance (like most people do) with Hendo. That is more than Wandy can say for their last fight.
Ultimate_fighter
8/19/07 10:40:42PM
I think Ortiz vs Silva would be a good fight, but i think Ortiz would lose dec...