Wandy's Next Opponent

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wandy's Next Opponent
chickmagnet
8/3/08 4:57:36PM
Who should it be? Its definatley at this point not rampage, so who should it be???

A couple names that come to mind:

Stephan Bonnar
Houston (if he demolishes Schafer
Rich Franklin/Matt Hamill winner
Cane/Sokojou winner
I doubt it but a fight with Shogun would be sick
If they bring arona into the UFC, I would love to see a rubber match
aaa9erh8er
8/3/08 5:03:38PM
i agree strongly on the arona comment. but id like to see him fight the winner of the machida/silva fight personaly
chickmagnet
8/3/08 5:10:28PM
Ya thatd be cool but a fight with wandy would need 3 months of solid preparation and i garuntee after Thiago/Machida fight at least one of them is gona have a medical suspension, ther gona come out with some bump.s and bruises.

I think a fight with Houston would be kindof interesting lol
MarkN
8/3/08 5:15:52PM
I think a fight with James Irvin would be great.
Twenty20Dollars
8/3/08 5:16:45PM
Cept i think irvin might be suspended, but would be an exciting fight.

rampage,shogun,vera,liddell/rashad winner, sokoudjou/cane winner, houston(if he wins next fight), stephan bonnar, goran relijic, reese andy or mark coleman.
HENDO915
8/3/08 5:23:06PM
If irvin is able to fight I think James agaisnt wanderlei would be a exciting fight
balack_o-bama
8/3/08 5:36:53PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Who should it be? Its definatley at this point not rampage, so who should it be???

Stephan Bonnar
Cane/Sokojou winner

Hammil and Franklin are MW's. I dont think he's dropping down. Winner of Cane and So K.o. would be nice.
Twenty20Dollars
8/3/08 5:53:43PM
Hamill is not a MW, can't make 185
cmill21
8/3/08 6:01:18PM
I'd put him in there against Houston or Bonner. You want him to get a win and move into title contention. Maybe if Rich beats Hamill they could do that since Rich doesn't have a good clinch defense so Wand should be able to lock him in and devastate him.
JackHammerXXX
8/3/08 7:02:56PM
Bonnar wasn't going to be ready for the ufc in Chicago, I don't know if that will affect him 2 more months, later. But, that matchup seems likely.
Machida, when he wins, will have earned the right to wait out his title shot, after Liddell/Griffin fight happens.
Now, Rashad will be a good fight, esp. if he coming off the loss to chucky.
Soko/Crane will be kinda the same with Lyoto and Thiago, 2 months?
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Soko beat Arona, and lil Nog within 2, 3 months?
I think the ufc will wait out, at least until, after 88 to figure it out.
Bonnar will get axed, Evans will get knocked out quicker than he will against Chuck, Long Live The AXE MURDERER
nickcuc547
8/3/08 7:32:43PM
id like to see him fight the winner of sokdjou and cane, it would be a war no matter who it is.
bls1919
8/3/08 7:59:16PM
December is a long way off. I think its going to be the winer of Franklin/Hammil. Or the loser of machida/Silva. Hopefully Rampage if he is able to compete.
dannyfrank
8/3/08 8:36:49PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Cept i think irvin might be suspended, but would be an exciting fight.

rampage,shogun,vera,liddell/rashad winner, sokoudjou/cane winner, houston(if he wins next fight), stephan bonnar, goran relijic, reese andy or mark coleman.

so by "liddell/rashad winner" you mean liddell right?
mkiv9secsupra
8/3/08 9:23:55PM
Bonnar and Houston dont deserve to fight a name like Wanderlei right now. I would love to see Wanderlei vs Henderson 3 but Hendo is staying at 185 i guess. So i would prefer Wanderlei vs Machida so i could see a vicious KO but they will probably give him Soko if he wins his neext fight.
JimiMak
8/3/08 9:32:01PM
It has to be a top guy. No Franklin, Hammill, Bonnar, or Thiago. Possibley Machida (he should get the shot after next, but they'll screw him) that would be sick, or Vera (prob'ly most likely), or Soko might be likely as well. If chuck somehow lost the Evans fight I could see a rematch there, but that's unrealistic.
prozacnation1978
8/3/08 11:40:51PM
i think against bonner or irvin would be good
houston alexander would be great as well if wandy fight in dec then what would main event be in nov??
DiabloFreak56
8/4/08 12:53:34AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

Posted by chickmagnet

Stephan Bonnar
Cane/Sokojou winner

Hammil and Franklin are MW's. I dont think he's dropping down. Winner of Cane and So K.o. would be nice.

dude where have you been franklins moving up to fight hammil. idiot
Pookie
8/4/08 1:33:51AM
Realistically

Liddell vs. Evans winner fights Forrest for title

Machida vs. Thiago winner fights Wandy to become the #1 Contender.
Jipper
8/4/08 2:48:08PM
A MW in the MW division.
gsquat
8/4/08 2:55:22PM

Posted by Pookie

Realistically

Liddell vs. Evans winner fights Forrest for title

Machida vs. Thiago winner fights Wandy to become the #1 Contender.

Yes on Liddell vs Evans for the title shot. But I think Wandy get the loser.

Winner of Machida vs Thiago gets title shot after previously said winner.