If Wandy goes to MW who does he fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Wandy goes to MW who does he fight?
Biggz
1/1/09 10:27:24PM
Give him Bisping i think it even makes sense. however if the losser of Hendo vs Franklin drops back down to MW then give him that guy. but no matter what weight class, i would love to see a Wandy vs the losser or even winner of Hendo vs Franklin.

If he really does go to MW give him a good fighter then give him Anderson Silva
link to Wandy moving to MW rumor click here
JackHammerXXX
1/1/09 10:41:19PM
If he indeed drops to MW, then he will/should only take a big fight(s). Rematch again, with Hendo possibly. But, I have Dan beating Franklin so, he'll be busy with TUF, and then Bisping. So, Franklin would a nice matchup. Winner of Marquardt/Gouveria?, he trained/helped Maia for his last fight, so maybe that won't be his first choice.
Keep in mind, A. Silva and W. Silva are both Chute Boxe alum, and they have both come from Pride, to UFC. They are Brazilian and I think, they, mutually, have respect for each other. The type that might keep them from making this type of matchup.
Wandy's work is in the LHW division. He only has the Hendo fight, a Franklin matchup, which both in my opinion, are great fights and I would love to see them happen. And/or the maybe, maybe A.Silva fight. Leites,Marquardt,Maia,Okami,Gouveria all would be interesting, and exciting(what Wand fight isn't?)fights. Will see if this has any truth.
MikeyG
1/1/09 10:53:14PM
5) spyda grove, not a very big name but it's a good win.
4) thales leites, he could test wand's bjj and thales almost got a title shot
3) rock quarry, they would brawl one would fall, quarry that is
2) c.b. dolla's, he got a good name from tuf, great win for wand
1) mike bisbing, still has to fight hendo/rich, so mike wouldnt wanna lose 2 in a row
JackHammerXXX
1/1/09 11:07:34PM

Posted by MikeyG

5) spyda grove, not a very big name but it's a good win.
4) thales leites, he could test wand's bjj and thales almost got a title shot
3) rock quarry, they would brawl one would fall, quarry that is
2) c.b. dolla's, he got a good name from tuf, great win for wand
1) mike bisbing, still has to fight hendo/rich, so mike wouldnt wanna lose 2 in a row

Grove been knocked out silly twice in his last three fights? Not soo much on that one. Wand wouldn't be doing anything with that win. Leites and Bisping would be the most legit, credible wins. Quarry would be the likeliest of all. Brawl like you said, good for the fans. Dollaway would only be pleasing if Silva completely annihilated C.B. because I don't like the guy all that much. Overall, I don't want this one the most
Mungooch
1/1/09 11:19:39PM
I wanna see him fight Leben( he will have to wait a while tho)
JackHammerXXX
1/1/09 11:23:46PM

Posted by Mungooch

I wanna see him fight Leben( he will have to wait a while tho)

Knew I was forgetting somebody, Timewise,your right. Wandy expressed a want to fight on the UFC 100 card after the 92 fight and that means not until late summer, geez swing the axe more often. But hey, three brutal knockouts in the past two years or so, looking like he needs the time,
Twenty20Dollars
1/2/09 1:15:57AM
Bisping,Cote,Gouviea,Kang,Hendo,Franklin,Leben,Marquardt,Reljic,Sonnen, Okami.

Should have some exciting match ups at 185 for Wandy.
prozacnation1978
1/2/09 1:31:06AM
he deserves a top 10 fighter like a okami or marquadt
i will be curious who he fights first maybe even dennis kang/belcher winner
cmill21
1/2/09 3:18:12AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

he deserves a top 10 fighter like a okami or marquadt
i will be curious who he fights first maybe even dennis kang/belcher winner

I don't think they would eliminate a contender like that. I really want to see Wand vs Cote, I'd like for personal reasons
fullerene
1/2/09 9:26:27AM
I don't think that a new weight class is going to turn his career around. He should look for big, marketable fights where he can make good money and maybe add to his legacy (or at least not detract from it) and then retire. There is no reason for him to be fighting guys like Grove or Marquardt at this point in his career. Franklin, Henderson or Silva are the only fights I can think of at 185 that would be appropriate for him.
ohiostate1016
1/2/09 10:23:52AM
The UFC wants him to fight the loser of Hendo/Franklin. The only problem with that is that if Franklin loses, I don't think that he'll want to go back down to 185, even for a fight with Wandy.

So if Hendo wins, then I think that they give him a fight that he can win, and then set him up for something against the winner of Bisping/Hendo (which won't be until after TUF 9) for a title shot.
Wallass
1/2/09 11:11:13AM
He should probably fight Kendall Grove, Ed Herman, Patrick Cote, Chris Leben, or the winner of Belcher and Kang. Just my thoughts but Im sure he can get a win on any of these guys then worry about the bigger names when hes got a couple wins under his belt.
JackHammerXXX
1/2/09 11:52:34AM
thats just it though, he doesn't need a win over a chump. He would beat most those guys, and it wouldn't mean anything. He's not old, but he is old for his age. The guy has been in alot of battles. He has been a champion for a long time, and has fought some of the biggest names in MMA. Therefore, a Herman, Grove, Belcher, Gouveria, Sonnen, etc. matchup would be insulting.

I thought Hendo and Franklin was at 185? Esp. if the winner fights Bisping, who switched to 185 last year, hint hint. And the winner gets A. Silva later this year? So, Wand will have to wait to fight the winner of Hendo/Franklin, or the loser until late in the year. He'll fight once before he goes into that one. So, if it's who he should fight. the answer is only-Silva,Hendo,Franklin, maybe Leites,Okami, Marquardt. Okami is the only one no tied up in a matchup at this moment, yet he was promised a title shot after Leites. So maybe, there isn't a matchup for him.

What about if they bring Lawlor in?! How bout that matchup?
gsquat
1/2/09 12:15:35PM
Someone middle of the pack. As high up as Leben. But that would be a definitive slobber-knocker. I don't think its as easy as calling Wandy a winner in this on either. I'll be very excited to see him at MW though. I think he'll fare better.
higdon10
1/2/09 2:16:32PM
Reljic
cmill21
1/2/09 2:44:36PM

Posted by higdon10

Reljic

You suck, I hope your not right lol. I like them both alot.
bls1919
1/2/09 6:52:01PM
I hope he comes back at full tilt and runs through some guys. We will see. I say he'll fight Bisping or maybe Leben I would love to see either of those fights.
Pookie
1/2/09 8:22:29PM
Id give him

Nate Marquardt, Rosuimar Palhares, or Chris Leben.
mrkennedy
1/2/09 11:44:53PM
leben or filho(dont know if they train together)
deezyo
1/3/09 7:34:40PM
i was thinking bisping also,.... maybe do a tuf with him and silva
BrutalKnockOut
1/5/09 4:48:23PM
Him against Belcher or Kang would be a lot of fun.
jocka
1/6/09 12:25:28PM
Have him fight Cote or why not give him a fight with Loiseau (unless the UFC is planning about building up the crow again)

That would be a hell of a comeback fight lol