so who should wandy fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » so who should wandy fight?
POLL: who's it gonna be?
forrest 6% (2)
winner of chuck v rashad 6% (2)
winner of machida v thiago 32% (11)
winner of soko v cane 9% (3)
rampage (depending on legal issues) 44% (15)
anderson silva 3% (1)
fonduktoe
7/17/08 3:05:29AM
most of the top ten is spoken for and imo it would be a disservice to the fans to give wandy a chump or even an up and comer. he should fight again soon- but who?
Drudinh
7/17/08 4:44:40AM
SILVA FIGHTING EITHER THIAGO OR MACHIDA WOULD BE EXCITING AND I BELIVE SHOULD BE THE NEXT ON THE FIGHT LIST. BUT IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO SEE SILVA VS LIDDELL #2
ufcboss
7/17/08 4:51:33AM
Kimbo, The touchy people here get upset when they have to read all caps, So turn it off or you WILL hear about it!
skatenate
7/17/08 7:59:56AM
liddell, then maybe machida, then GRIFFIN (if he is still title holder)
Chuteboxer
7/17/08 8:31:33AM
It'd make the most sense if he fought the winner of Soko vs Cane. He doesn't deserve to fight Forrest yet, and I doubt he'll fight the winners of Chuck vs Rashad or Machida vs Thiago because Machida and Chuck are both closer to a title shot than he is...so it would make sense he'd fight either soko or Cane
Ordep
7/17/08 9:15:11AM
I Quinton is still on legal issues by that time Wandy's next opponent will depend on Event and fighter schedule. Looking at it now, UFC 90 apparently is the week after 89 and most of the potential fighters are secheduled already, If Wandy is scheduled to fight there, based on fighter/schedule I think it will be against Vera since he'll have most time for prep. if he wins.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/17/08 9:31:45AM
I can def. see him fighting Bonnar at 90. I think a lot obviously has to do with Rampages legal issues. If he is tied up and can't fight for a while which I am expecting, then my pick would be Bonnar.
gsquat
7/17/08 10:32:16AM
You read my mind Axe. The first name that popped in my head was Bonnar. He needs to fight soon.
pv3Hpv3p
7/17/08 10:34:11AM

Posted by Drudinh

SILVA FIGHTING EITHER THIAGO OR MACHIDA WOULD BE EXCITING AND I BELIVE SHOULD BE THE NEXT ON THE FIGHT LIST. BUT IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO SEE SILVA VS LIDDELL #2

Ahhhh, my eyes are bleeding... the caps lock's on the left hand side bro, lol...

To answer the question, I think he gets Goran Reljic (sp?)... I think they're going to try to build Wandy up a little and make the rematch with Chuck for the title with pleanty of hype (and rightfully so)...

IMO, the UFC's hoping Chuck can take Rashad and beat Forrest... Then Wand vs Chuck... superfight for the title... ***fingers-crossed***
gsquat
7/17/08 10:38:35AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Drudinh

Ahhhh, my eyes are bleeding... the caps lock's on the left hand side bro, lol...

To answer the question, I think he gets Goran Reljic (sp?)... I think they're going to try to build Wandy up a little and make the rematch with Chuck for the title with pleanty of hype (and rightfully so)...

IMO, the UFC's hoping Chuck can take Rashad and beat Forrest... Then Wand vs Chuck... superfight for the title... ***fingers-crossed***

Good call.
prozacnation1978
7/17/08 12:11:19PM
i doubt wandy will sit on sidelines to fight winner of silva vs machida and sokou vs cane

he will fight again in late oct or nov
so will jardine

if vera wins this weekend he could fight him
or jardine could fight vera if he stays at 205

or jardine could fight goueveia
goran could fight wandy but i think that would be 1st degree murder on goran's part

their is also a wild card a sign a ricardo " inactive all year"" arona for a arona vs wandy 3 which would be good as well or wild card number two sign tito back have them main line fight in nov wandy vs tito 2
JackHammerXXX
7/17/08 8:59:18PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i doubt wandy will sit on sidelines to fight winner of silva vs machida and sokou vs cane

he will fight again in late oct or nov
so will jardine

if vera wins this weekend he could fight him
or jardine could fight vera if he stays at 205

or jardine could fight goueveia
goran could fight wandy but i think that would be 1st degree murder on goran's part

their is also a wild card a sign a ricardo " inactive all year"" arona for a arona vs wandy 3 which would be good as well or wild card number two sign tito back have them main line fight in nov wandy vs tito 2

Tito needs to quit it and get back where he belongs. tito and wandy 2 would be sweet. I like Arona to but, when is that going to come to light?
If all these guys already have fights, and he just beat Jardine. Besides Bonnar, and the aforementioned Who Else?
Mchubb316
7/18/08 12:03:09AM

Posted by Chuteboxer

It'd make the most sense if he fought the winner of Soko vs Cane. He doesn't deserve to fight Forrest yet, and I doubt he'll fight the winners of Chuck vs Rashad or Machida vs Thiago because Machida and Chuck are both closer to a title shot than he is...so it would make sense he'd fight either soko or Cane

I don't agree with Chuck being closer to a title shot that Wand. Chuck has they both only have 1 win as of late. Machida should get the next shot in my opinion, especially if he beats Silva. I would like Wand to fight and win and Chuck to beat Rashad, and that could set up Chuck vs Wand 2 for a title shot.
Quasar
7/18/08 12:31:51AM
Wanna see him KO Chuck badly. so Wand v Chuck 2
RNC
7/18/08 2:19:01AM
The UFC is going to want to do a Chuck vs Wandy II, and what better way than for the LHW title. Assuming Chuck is getting the next shot, this is an idea.

If Chuck beats Rashad, he gets the title shot and beats Forrest for the belt. If he beats Lyoto who would be his next fight, that will give him one title defense. This would be the perfect time for him to fight Wandy. Chuck will have secured his LHW belt, and made it known he is the champ again while allowing Wandy time to generate new fans and hype for himself as well. With that being said, the UFC is going to want to give Wandy somebody he can beat while putting on a great performance. Wandy spoke of either Thiago Silva or Lyoto Machida, but obviously that isn't happening now. Assuming Wandy is going to fight in the next couple of months, there aren't many people availible. Maybe Brandon Vera sometime in November. Vera is always looking to prove himself, and this would be a great fight for him to try and accomplish that. More imporantly, it would be a great fight for Wandy because I don't see Vera accomplishing much.

Now, if Chuck loses to Rashad, Lyoto will get the title shot instead. In this case, Rashad vs Wandy would be a great fight for #1 contender.

Another possibility is that even if Chuck wins he is not getting the title shot, Lyoto is. Dana said he wants Lyoto to have at least one more fight before he goes for the belt, maybe that is why Sanches vs Alves recently got replaced with Lyoto vs Thiago. If this is true, Wandy could take on Chuck in a rematch for the #1 contender.

Note* I read that Wandy has a 4 fight contract. If this is true, the UFC might want him to fight twice before he gets a shot. This would ensure he was not the champion when the new contract was negotiated, and that would make things a whole lot cheaper for the UFC.

NatedawgThaM
7/18/08 4:19:02PM
Rampage, it's as simple as that.

Nobody else is going to benefit him IMHO. Their might be some pretty sick match up's equallying pretty sick fights but nobody would benefit him as much as a 3rd Rampage Jackson match up. It's the best fight I believe for both fighters since what better way to get back on track and win your title back then by avenging a guy who destroyed you twice? And what better way for Wandy to get into the title picture after beating the former champ? It would equal a rematch with Liddell probably later down the line and who wouldn't want to see that?

The loser would probably face Machida if he beats Thiago which he probably will but I got faith in Thiago and will pick him. But the loser would probably be the next person to hold Machida back from a title shot. Not to mention the hype for this fight would be TREMENDOUS!!! You could literally taste the bad blood. Rampage would definitely sell this fight big time. He wants revenge because he's a ten times better fighter now and wants to prove in the cage he's the better man because PRIDE had some questionable officiating in the first fight.(the stand up & yellow card which led to the TKO shortly after) And Wandy just wants to shut him the hell up and his excuses!!!

DANA MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!
Quasar
7/18/08 4:27:31PM
Who are the nimrods saying that it should be the winner of machida / thiago? machida as it is arguably deserved to be in front of griffin or at least next or one for fight and now people are saying he needs to beat wandy after thiago? pure idiocy or machida haterade
fubar19
7/18/08 6:14:11PM
with most of the cream of the crop at lhw tied up, i say give him housten. Stand up war that wand should win, and adds to his highlight reel when hyping him for future fights. the casual fans would be clamoring to get on his bandwagon after another exciting KO in the UFC.
RNC
7/19/08 12:28:15AM

Posted by fubar19

with most of the cream of the crop at lhw tied up, i say give him housten. Stand up war that wand should win, and adds to his highlight reel when hyping him for future fights. the casual fans would be clamoring to get on his bandwagon after another exciting KO in the UFC.

Fans seem to like Houston and if the UFC wants to keep him around, losing 3 fights in a row wouldn't be a good thing for him.