Wandy at UFC 100?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wandy at UFC 100?
Givershit
1/13/09 12:10:06PM
Wandy

Check it out. I'd love to see him up against Forrest or even Anderson.
wiggum
1/13/09 12:27:43PM
hate to say it wandy, but i think rampage is gonna enjoy it the rest of your guys careers, doubt theyll meet up again......im hoping he drops down to 185 personally....i'd like to see what he can do there....and even tho theyre first fight was awesome, a rematch with chuck doesnt interest me....i wanna see dream matchups, not rematches, no matter how good they are....wandy has only got so much time before he's done, so lets see some new matchups!
DCRage
1/13/09 12:39:12PM
On Forrest or Anderson, neither is happening at 100. Forrest is out until probably October (injury), Wandy doesn't want to fight Anderson.
cameron
1/13/09 12:41:15PM
Awesome, wandy at 100 would be cool
ohiostate1016
1/13/09 12:47:59PM
I hate to say it, but unless the guy is in a title match, I think that the UFC is going to try to make 100 a banner event for the org. They're trying to get the guys who made the UFC, and they're going to try to get as many of them to fight as possible.

That's why they're talking about a possible Shamrock/Royce fight or something of that sort.
grappler0000
1/13/09 12:51:25PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I hate to say it, but unless the guy is in a title match, I think that the UFC is going to try to make 100 a banner event for the org. They're trying to get the guys who made the UFC, and they're going to try to get as many of them to fight as possible.

That's why they're talking about a possible Shamrock/Royce fight or something of that sort.

Source?
Givershit
1/13/09 12:53:36PM
You're right DC.

Too bad about Forrest and his hand. On Anderson, nothing wrong with a fight between good buddies. You're right though.. they won't.

Vera? Henderson? Franklin? To bad Sokoudjou's not around anymore, he'd make a good rebound.
Hendo67
1/13/09 12:54:25PM
Well, i'm pretty sure everyone knows my take on Wand, i love the guy, but I don't see him fighting at 100.
I think that his original plan was to move down to 185 and test himself there, the 205ers hit so hard, i mean...just look at his last few KO losses, they're brutal.
James Irvin has already called out Wandy at 185 (Irvin also fights at 205) but said he's willing to drop down and fight Wandy.

For some reason i want Wandy/Houston just for kicks, that should be a hilarious beat down, i mean...they're both big names, why not?
DCRage
1/13/09 1:00:55PM
Hendo or Franklin depends on what happens Saturday, but I think doubtful. Hendo might be gone if he loses (he'd be 1-3), Franklin probably would get Bisping if they keep with tradition (TUF coaches face off after the season). If Hendo wins it depends on if Franklin would cut to MW again since he seems established at LHW now. It almost would have to be, for better or worse, Chuck.
Mayhem13
1/13/09 1:03:23PM
Let Wandelei fight Coleman at 100. i like bad blood for fights sometimes!

Or if he goes to 185 match him up with leben or Irvin.
MMAcca
1/13/09 1:10:06PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I hope what you're saying isn't true.

What an awful matchup that nobody wants to see
postman
1/13/09 1:17:57PM

Posted by DCRage

Hendo or Franklin depends on what happens Saturday, but I think doubtful. Hendo might be gone if he loses (he'd be 1-3), Franklin probably would get Bisping if they keep with tradition (TUF coaches face off after the season). If Hendo wins it depends on if Franklin would cut to MW again since he seems established at LHW now. It almost would have to be, for better or worse, Chuck.

They would be crazy to let Hendo go. He did great against both Champs and a loss to Franklin is no shame.
ohiostate1016
1/13/09 2:47:56PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ohiostate1016

Source?

I remember reading about it on some sort of UFC 100 wish list, maybe a Sherdog article. Which would explain why it doesn't make any sense...