Wanderlei War Wagon

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wanderlei War Wagon
chickmagnet
2/26/09 2:27:40PM
I am supporting Wanderlei 100% against Franklin, im sure we all want to see Wanderlei keep fighting and if he loses it could be then end, so Wanderlei fans lets give him some support, I think he is going to finish Franklin in the first or second round.

WAR WANDERLEI
TimW001
2/26/09 3:01:57PM
WAAAR!

mkiv9secsupra
2/26/09 3:17:12PM
i still think he beats rampage 9 times out of 10!!! Franklins gettin another TKO on his record. Then he can either fight Bisping at 185 or Forrest or Rashad(assuming he loses to Rampage or Machida), all of whom id pick Wanderlei by tko/ko.

War Wanderlei!!!!
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/26/09 3:43:00PM
WAR WANDY!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
tmas
2/26/09 4:21:45PM
this fight gonna be at 185 yes?

Wandy got it!
mentalcase
2/26/09 4:37:07PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 4
1daveufc
2/26/09 5:03:30PM
Dont want to be party pooper but a think he cud be in for a long night against rich.A think rich wud pick him apart a like both fighters but al go for rich.Anyone no if its 185 or 205/
haggiswashere
2/26/09 5:34:01PM
Its rumored to be at 195 actually Link
Franklinfan47
2/26/09 6:33:58PM
I would like to see Wandy get another win just so he can stay around in the ufc, but Rich is an absolute beast. Obviously im a bit biased, but I think it could be a long night for Wandy.

I will say if he has one thing going for him its that he has a beautiful mui thai clinch which Anderson used to crush Franklin. Though, I havent see Wandy use it yet in the ufc and he may not be large enough to utilize it effectively on Franklin.
papercut
2/26/09 7:34:29PM
it'll be a short night for franklin. especially since wandy is coming off a loss and I know he'll be hungry for a fast ko. and franklin has a bad record with a strong thai clinch. and wandy has one of the best.

and WAR WANDY!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/26/09 9:00:48PM
Rich is a bad matchup for wand imo . Rich throws straight punches and will have a height/reach advantage . Rich should pick apart wand's looping haymakers , though he might get jardined . I think wand is too small to utalize the clinch like anderson. Big fan of both guys , but i will be rooting harder for wand .

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ravanunen
2/27/09 12:57:57AM
Considering Wanderlei dropped his last fight, I think he will be hungrier for this win. I will totally be rooting for Wanderlei. I could see him doing what he did to Jardine to Franklin
haggiswashere
2/27/09 1:05:01AM
I love Rich but I would much rather see him with one more loss instead of losing Wanderlei.
Franklinfan47
2/28/09 11:30:33AM
Both fighters chins worry me. However, Rich has only been knocked out by Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida and Wandy has dropped like 4 of his last 5 fights. Tough one to call, but I think Richs strength will be too much for Wandy here and he'll get KO'd at some point.

Franklin War Wagon

chickmagnet
2/28/09 2:40:10PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Both fighters chins worry me. However, Rich has only been knocked out by Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida and Wandy has dropped like 4 of his last 5 fights. Tough one to call, but I think Richs strength will be too much for Wandy here and he'll get KO'd at some point.

Franklin War Wagon

Rich has crumpled when fighters have put tremendous pressure and aggressiveness on him, Lyoto hit Rich with one viscious combination, and Anderson put a lot of pressure with the clinch in the first fight, and Anderson was very aggressive in the second fight which led to Rich getting brutally stopped. If Wandy is in peak shape, and is pissed off and motivated like he was against Jardine, Rich will get stopped quickly, everyone knows that.
Franklinfan47
2/28/09 2:55:22PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by Franklinfan47

Franklin War Wagon

Rich has crumpled when fighters have put tremendous pressure and aggressiveness on him, Lyoto hit Rich with one viscious combination, and Anderson put a lot of pressure with the clinch in the first fight, and Anderson was very aggressive in the second fight which led to Rich getting brutally stopped. If Wandy is in peak shape, and is pissed off and motivated like he was against Jardine, Rich will get stopped quickly, everyone knows that.

Yet oddly more people have picked Franklin

hmmmm
chickmagnet
2/28/09 4:22:42PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by Franklinfan47

Franklin War Wagon

Yet oddly more people have picked Franklin

hmmmm

That is very odd, people must not think he is going to be in peak physical and mental shape. They think he is done because he got caught by the hardest hitting light heavyweight, and because Franklin is coming off of a lack luster decision loss to another man who beat Silva as well. But styles make fights and the last two men Franklin beat had much less of a striking game(Hamill and Lutter)than he did. Styles make fights and this one isnt Rich's fight, he will get stopped.
Franklinfan47
2/28/09 5:36:32PM
Well I guess we can agree that someone is going to get stopped in this fight
bls1919
2/28/09 7:35:14PM
This is a tough fight for me to pick. I like both fuighters and want both of them to prosper. If Rich can kep Wandy outside and pick him apart he wins UD. I think if Wandy can impose his will, and get to the clinch it will be a short fight with Rich waking up saying " uhh ...............what happened????"
chickmagnet
3/2/09 1:14:42AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Yes we can, Wanderlei by tko in the 3rd
Tein_Lung
3/2/09 5:19:25PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by Franklinfan47

Yes we can, Wanderlei by tko in the 3rd

if it does not end int he first it will be Richs fight... I think Wandy honestly has lost a step or two and franklan was at the bad end of a very close desision... Rich is gonna pick Wandy apart

my vote is Wandy on the ground all stiff like Quarry was when he got KOed by rich
croston
3/3/09 6:40:36PM
My vote goes to Wandy tko (knees) in the first.

War Wanderlei
nbf
3/5/09 6:04:26AM
Wand by KO in 1st or 2nd or Rich by decision.

smcdonald
3/5/09 7:34:01PM
NO!!! (imo) Franklin is a very smart guy....not saying wanderlei isnt but i just think that Franklin is going to come out with a great gameplan to counter Silva's aggressiveness and his power....another point is that Franklin is a southpaw so im interested to see how Silva will deal with a high class striker who has the opposite stance to him.....if u know anyone that silva has fought in the past who is a southpaw could u let me know ?, Matt Hume is in the corner of Franklin and he is known as a study expert and really knows how to break down Rich's opponents, i dont see it bein easy for Franklin at all, i see a war where Franklin will get the dec 29-28 (imo) In addition, u say you dont want Silva to lose cos that could be extrememly bad for his career and future fighting aspirations but if this is going to be a 3 round war back and forth...and its against franklin......he will be around for a long time still because Franklin is tough man.......if u agree with anything i have said give me a prop cos i still havnt got one lol lol
Wolfenstein
3/5/09 7:57:15PM
A lot of fighters were so intimidated by Wanderlei back in Pride, that they had pretty much lost the fight before it began, as is the case with Shogun as well. Now that the mystique is gone and people aren't afraid of them--well I think that's taken away one of the elements that made them so good.

Wanderlei is still very much a force to be reckoned with, but I think he'll have trouble dealing with a technical striker like Rich. If Wanderlei gets inside, he has a great chance at hurting Rich in the plum, and winging wild combinations in close range.

I'm leaning towards Rich, because he throws a lot of straight punches, and I think that's enough to keep Wanderlei from closing the distance and unloading in close quarters. I wouldn't be willing to put any money on it though, as I think Rich can struggle against guys that are up in his face pressuring him.