Wanderlei talks after win over Bisping at UFC 110

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wanderlei talks after win over Bisping at UFC 110
crushedbacon
2/27/10 9:18:18AM
jae_1833
2/27/10 12:21:55PM
Do people here think that Bisping should have won that fight? I personally think Wand won it handily as he nearly finished the fight 2 seperate times, 1 by guillotine choke and the other was about 1-2 seconds shy of a KO at the end of the match.
king_katool
2/27/10 1:07:58PM

Posted by jae_1833

Do people here think that Bisping should have won that fight? I personally think Wand won it handily as he nearly finished the fight 2 seperate times, 1 by guillotine choke and the other was about 1-2 seconds shy of a KO at the end of the match.

while i dont think he won "handily" i do think he won, i dont know how any1 can argue this, i also picked bisping for the record, those 2 flurries of the end of those 2 rounds won wandy the fight, if you take those last second flurries away bispings wins, but they happened so ye silva wins the fight easy no question
george112
2/27/10 1:13:43PM
it was close.but i think bisping dropping right at the end kind of sealed the deal for wands victory.

im was stoked that he won.and still am. he looked in awesome shape. cant wait for his next fight
TheBestEVER
2/27/10 5:38:50PM
Hes already a top 5 middleweight in my opinon. I want to see him fight Vitor again soon too its going to happen its just a matter of when.
warglory
2/27/10 10:29:31PM

Posted by TheBestEVER

Hes already a top 5 middleweight in my opinon. I want to see him fight Vitor again soon too its going to happen its just a matter of when.

He's 2-5 in last last 7 bouts, how can he possibly be a top 5 middleweight?
Aether
2/27/10 11:46:40PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by TheBestEVER

He's 2-5 in last last 7 bouts, how can he possibly be a top 5 middleweight?

Because he lost a competitive decision to the previous dominant champion and followed it up with a win over a top ranked contender. Pretty good indication that he's towards the top of the division. I'd probably put him at 6th or 7th, personally.

His losses at heavyweight and lightheavyweight are not necessarily an indication of how he's going to do at middleweight. Plus those losses were mostly to top10 guys in the strongest division in the sport.

just saying he went 2-5 doesn't really tell the whole story. He lost to Crocop in his prime considered #2 or #3 at Heavyweight pretty unanimously at the time, then lost his belt to Hendo who was also ranked in the top 3 in 2 divisions. A war against chuck, who people rag on but was still top 5 at the time. Then he demolishes Jardine, gets demolished by Rampage, who again was easily a top3 LHW at the time after losing his belt in a bad decision, then a close loss to Franklin who was a clear #3 at middleweight behind Hendo.

I don't think losing to a bunch of former champs and top3 guys across several divisions should really have that negative of an impact on a fighter's ranking. Obviously he dropped a few places but he's still top10 at least and arguably top5 at MW.
jae_1833
2/28/10 1:31:27PM
I put him at the bottom of my top ten in the MW div with the victory over Bisping, and the win he will soon get over Sexyama will solidify his place as a solid MW contender IMO!
TheBestEVER
2/28/10 2:25:07PM
I agree completely I mean he lost those fights to the top guys in the world, in the most stacked division in the world. I really think the surgery that he had done to his nose is really going to help him when it comes to getting better nights rest and overall conditioning.
miphi1991
2/28/10 4:58:49PM
HUGE Wanderlei fan but he won't win unless he goes back to his BLITZ style. Especially against a guy like Bisbing who has limited power and is a pansy *allegedly* (see TUF UKvsUS for evidence). Wanderlei tries to used those hooks as counters and it just doesn't work because the range is too short and he reacts to slowly. I believe Wandy's best chance at success is just going out and attacking and living or dying by the sword. I understand why he didn't b/c this was a must win fight for him, but in retrospect I think he if had gone after bitchbing the fight could've been over in the first 30 seconds.
Jackelope
2/28/10 5:13:15PM
I almost wonder if Wandy was pacing himself because he wanted to make sure he could keep a good pace after that first big weight cut. If you notice he went big at the end of each round pretty much which to me signifies that he had the energy but was potentially unsure of whether or not he could keep it up.

I think in his next fight we can expect to see a little bit more aggressive Wanderlei