Wanderlei Talks 185, Fighting Anderson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Talks 185, Fighting Anderson
DCRage
5/23/08 4:29:09PM
Confirming long-circulating rumors, Wanderlei Silva said he is considering dropping to Middleweight after his UFC 84 fight with Keith Jardine. He also said a fight with current UFC MIddleweight Champion Anderson Silva is possible, but not right away.

Article
Mchubb316
5/23/08 4:35:41PM
There is some good fights at 185. Wand would boost a pretty lackluster division. Give him a couple fights there and if he wins, give him a shot at Anderson. Wand vs Franklin, Bisping, maybe a rematch with Hendo.
bigbubbano23
5/23/08 4:49:31PM
i think he's gonna have the same luck down.
puppetmaster837
5/23/08 4:58:51PM
I think they should start him off with Bisping at 185, and after he destroys him have him fight someone like Leben, or if he does it in impressive enough fashion maybe send him straight to Henderson or Franklin. I think if he fights Anderson though he would just get picked apart, while he is rushing in with his crazy swings he would be getting hit with pin point jabs and straight punches until he is knocked out.
Red-Dragon
5/23/08 5:14:31PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I think they should start him off with Bisping at 185, and after he destroys him have him fight someone like Leben, or if he does it in impressive enough fashion maybe send him straight to Henderson or Franklin. I think if he fights Anderson though he would just get picked apart, while he is rushing in with his crazy swings he would be getting hit with pin point jabs and straight punches until he is knocked out.

Wanderlei v Leben would be a WAR they both have hard heads and swing for the fences.
Manak
5/23/08 5:31:58PM
wand is legend so ill prb just get a warm-up to get use to the weight then hell get either a title fight or a big name (rich, hendo or even nate)
wrona666
5/23/08 5:50:23PM
I like the idea of Wandy at MW there could be some good fights for him there....
teddythetuna
5/23/08 5:56:44PM
Wandy would be a DEMON at 185
bullettdodger
5/23/08 7:00:29PM

Posted by teddythetuna

Wandy would be a DEMON at 185

BUT still NO MATCH for Silva for the reasons one of the above posters said props coming his way
prozacnation1978
5/23/08 7:42:35PM
i think he should drop after the fight
fight rich or bisping or okami
and then get title shot next year
i think okami will get his shot then wandy if he can win tonight and next fight this year to set up title match next year
whardin19
5/23/08 7:49:15PM
I really don't see Wand moving down unless he loses this fight with Jardine. If he wins this fight he is right back into the title picture in the LHW division. There are still alot of matchups I'd like to see him get in the LHW division. But if he does lose I agree with a drop to the MW division.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/23/08 11:42:24PM
IMO i think it's pointless for wandy to drop to 185. I think he has a better shot at defeating rampage , then anderson. Anderson and wandy are pretty much family anyways . THe article didnt work when i clicked on it , so maybe???? anderson and wandy have the same vale tudo style. Anderson is taller, longer reach, quicker, more technical, better chin , better ground game, younger. IMO wandy would be lights out before the first round ends.

I got wandy beating jardine , if rampage beats forrest. A rematch right away could easily happen. They could hype up that fight very easily with old pride footage, which they own.

GrandMaster313
5/24/08 1:03:26AM

Posted by Mchubb316

There is some good fights at 185. Wand would boost a pretty lackluster division. Give him a couple fights there and if he wins, give him a shot at Anderson. Wand vs Franklin, Bisping, maybe a rematch with Hendo.

No arguments here !
MMAcca
5/24/08 1:29:31AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

if rampage beats forrest. A rematch right away could easily happen. They could hype up that fight very easily with old pride footage, which they own.

That can't happen, Wandy hasn't won for ages!

To give him a title shot in THE most stacked division after one victory would be a joke!!!

I agree he has more chance of beating Rampage than Anderson Silva but the path to a title shot is too crowded in the LHW division. He should drop to MW, win a couple of classic wars (Vs leben, Franklin, Hendo, etc...) and then have a couple of attempts at beating The Spider imo.......

PS: That will turn a formerly weak division into a pretty strong one imo.
xAcidburNx
5/24/08 10:10:48AM
i personally would love to see him vs rich more than anything. id like to see what happens here. pullin for rich though. hes ma boy
hodge
5/24/08 11:49:35AM
You guys nuthug Silva way too much
MMAcca
5/24/08 11:59:04AM

Posted by hodge

'nuthug' ? You're English...........
lordicast
5/24/08 3:41:18PM
Silva wins a sparring match with wandy, but if wandy connects once its over! see fujita fight.
mrsmiley
5/24/08 8:39:00PM

Posted by hodge