Wanderlei spars with dumbass kid!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Wanderlei spars with dumbass kid!
grappler0000
1/28/11 7:59:44PM
Preface via Cage Potato:

"Not sure who I should send this to, but I thought you would like to see a video from an MMA seminar I went to this past weekend in Charleston, WV. Wandy was in attendance and after demonstrating various techniques, he began sparring with individuals. This was all going pretty well, being that most people understood that he was an animal and respected that at any moment he could destroy their ability to operate their limbs. That is, until a young upstart at the age of 16 chose to show off in front of everyone. It turned out less than favorable for him...Enjoy."

Video
papercut
1/28/11 8:42:44PM
the dad was so proud of wanderlei tooling his son.
Bowen50
1/28/11 8:51:53PM
that was awesome
BlueSkiesBurn
1/28/11 8:51:56PM
The Dad was the best part about the video. Motivational for sure. He was not having it when his son was getting his ass kicked.

What worries me the most, though, is that Wanderlei couldn't pass the guard of a 16 year old kid.
FastKnockout
1/28/11 9:11:41PM
Thank you! That made my night. haha. The kid might actually be entertaining in the cage, when not fighting Wanderlei Silva though.

Best part though was Silva's open hand combo, looked like it might have dazzed the kid.
FastKnockout
1/28/11 9:13:08PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

The Dad was the best part about the video. Motivational for sure. He was not having it when his son was getting his ass kicked.

What worries me the most, though, is that Wanderlei couldn't pass the guard of a 16 year old kid.

I didn't see Wanderlei try? He's sparring with an amatuer, I'm sure he wasn't going 100%.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/28/11 9:14:06PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I didn't see Wanderlei try? He's sparring with an amatuer, I'm sure he wasn't going 100%.

Was a joke.....
postman
1/28/11 9:23:37PM
I give that kid all the credit in the world! Went after it got his moneys worth for sure. Man I was going to go to this to but fo what ever reason talked myself out of it.
marcoDGK
1/28/11 9:41:33PM
thanks for sharing.
FastKnockout
1/29/11 12:35:46AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Was a joke.....

I knew that!
tcunningham
1/29/11 1:37:15AM
i dont know why it says dumbass kid? cause 99.9% of 16 year olds or anybody for that matter wont and cant do that. on top of that, his jitz looked pretty good, wandy tried to pass out of half guard and the kid put him back in closed guard. i know wandy wasnt going 100% but the kid didnt get schooled by any means. im confident that all the people talking sh!t about the kid are just a bunch of fat people that use their couch as their thrown. 16 year old kids that are willing to spar with wandy are the future of our sport.
Pookie
1/29/11 2:16:05AM
That takes balls, surprising Wanderlei Silva with a full-contact spar without telling him.
He's lucky Wanderlei didnt hurt him. Im sure he was pissed.
warglory
1/29/11 11:59:44AM

Posted by Pookie

That takes balls, surprising Wanderlei Silva with a full-contact spar without telling him.

Nah, I highly doubt Wandy was pissed. I'm sure he realized it was a cocky kid looking to test his own skills; I think Wandy took it in stride.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/29/11 1:24:56PM
wandy wasnt going 100% but he definitely got a few good shots in there. Props to that kid, takes some bawls
1daveufc
1/29/11 2:49:48PM

Posted by papercut

the dad was so proud of wanderlei tooling his son.

made me laugh my ass off
Pookie
1/29/11 4:52:56PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Pookie

Nah, I highly doubt Wandy was pissed. I'm sure he realized it was a cocky kid looking to test his own skills; I think Wandy took it in stride.

From the UG

Wandy and I talked later that night. He even watched the video… What made it worse was every match before that was like 10% there was around 200 people there and he honestly was going to try and spar with everyone but after that he quit.
He said it really pissed him off and he wanted to kill him but obviously you can’t do that plus it was a kid. He did say he respected his balls or lack of sense though. All in all it was a fun seminar. That kids face was all messed up and he had a huge gash in his cheek but he wore it with pride and even went and got an autograph and picture with wandy after the seminar.

mrsmiley
1/29/11 5:58:14PM
If I was a 16 year old kid I guess you would take something like that with a badge of honor but all in all I find it a bit disrespectfull to pull something like that off. I've herd of stuff like that happening at siminars though from time to time. It was notorious in a lot of Gracie siminars.
The way I see it you pay good money for these siminars where the pro's show you how to build upon a craft. It's a waste of everyone's good time and money when a hotshot decides to try and upshow a guy like Wandy just to inflate his own ego. Other than a few bruises and such did the kid walk away with a better understanding on the fight game? My guess is no but don't tell that to his father.
warglory
1/29/11 6:52:41PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by warglory

Posted by Pookie

From the UG

Wandy and I talked later that night. He even watched the video… What made it worse was every match before that was like 10% there was around 200 people there and he honestly was going to try and spar with everyone but after that he quit.
He said it really pissed him off and he wanted to kill him but obviously you can’t do that plus it was a kid. He did say he respected his balls or lack of sense though. All in all it was a fun seminar. That kids face was all messed up and he had a huge gash in his cheek but he wore it with pride and even went and got an autograph and picture with wandy after the seminar.

Interesting, I stand corrected. I guess if he was sparring with everyone that would be annoying to have someone unexpectedly come at you that hard.
grappler0000
1/29/11 7:17:58PM

Posted by warglory

Interesting, I stand corrected. I guess if he was sparring with everyone that would be annoying to have someone unexpectedly come at you that hard.

It's what we refer to around these parts as a d*ck move...some pun intended.