Wanderlei Silva Trashes Vitor Belfort As Either 'Scared' Or Amateur

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Silva Trashes Vitor Belfort As Either 'Scared' Or Amateur
Next Page »
FastKnockout
5/29/12 3:25:20PM
UFC Middleweight and former Pride champion Wanderlei Silva is anything but happy with Vitor Belfort after hearing that an injured hand has forced Belfort out of their scheduled UFC 147 headliner. Silva took to his twitter account to vent (translation via Tatame.com):

"(Fighting me) with one hand (laughs)? We are professionals. It's a great irresponsibility not to be careful on training, a great disrespect towards the fans. I'm really sad. I'm ready to knock you out, you have nowhere to run. This fight is happening. I guess you got scared of me. Nobody trains so hard that breaks his hand. We use the best equipments, gloves, bandages."

LINK
FastKnockout
5/29/12 3:27:03PM
Now I can say this without any regret..

I want Belfort to knock Wandy's lights out.
mattjonesy
5/29/12 3:40:44PM
I think Wanderlei is being disrespectful but I think its because he wanted a chance to redeem that loss so bad.
SmileR
5/29/12 3:45:26PM
He should be praising Vitors hand! Right now thats the only reason he won't wake up looking at the lights wondering whats happened again.
george112
5/29/12 4:03:05PM
Would have liked to see this.

Mainly because I just want to see the wanderlie from Pride just ONE more time
MMAcca
5/29/12 4:13:23PM
As much as i loved the Wanderlei from PRIDE, he is loooooong gone.

In 2012, this fight is a bigger mismatch than Rory Macdonald versus Che Mills imo.
frizzzlecake
5/29/12 4:14:52PM
Easy to call someone out who's injured. Wand better have chin to outlast Bisping again. Bisping is coming for the rematch.
MMAcca
5/29/12 4:16:02PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Easy to call someone out who's injured. Wand better have chin to outlast Bisping again. Bisping is coming for the rematch.

+1

I would love to see Bisping avenge that loss.
airkerma
5/29/12 4:19:30PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by frizzzlecake

+1

i would love that fight...but mostly so i could see bizz basically lose 3 times in one fight again to wandy
george112
5/29/12 4:20:44PM

Posted by MMAcca

In 2012, this fight is a bigger mismatch than Rory Macdonald versus Che Mills imo.

Oh I've realized this.

Every time he has a fight with a big name I totally ignore what he looked like in the previous fight and just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ive been wrong before about this. One more time won't hurt
prophecy033
5/29/12 4:23:14PM
Eat Sh*t Wanderlily, your only squaking because you know you dodged a bullet. Did he even see the pic of Vitor's hand? That thing was fucked up
prophecy033
5/29/12 4:25:48PM

Posted by george112

Would have liked to see this.

Mainly because I just want to see the wanderlie from Pride just ONE more time

the only Wanderlei from Pride you would see is the one from the second Henderson fight
MMAcca
5/29/12 4:25:50PM

Posted by george112

Posted by MMAcca

Oh I've realized this.

Every time he has a fight with a big name I totally ignore what he looked like in the previous fight and just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ive been wrong before about this. One more time won't hurt

Twenty20Dollars
5/29/12 4:29:24PM
Wasn't expecting this from Wandy. Usually a nice guy.

What can Vitor do, not like he pulled out for no reason, his hand was broken.

Should they make him fight with a broken hand? Then Cruz fight with a torn ACL?
ghandikush
5/29/12 4:51:37PM
Funny Wanderlei is talking shit because I would pick Vitor over Wandy with one hand.
bjj1605
5/29/12 5:01:35PM
Wandy is usually a cool guy so I won't hold this against him.

He's got bad blood with Vitor.

Even good people do and say bad things.
Bubbles
5/29/12 5:22:51PM
has anyone watched TUF Brazil? Maybe was some bad blood has developed during the taping rather
FastKnockout
5/29/12 5:24:52PM

Posted by Bubbles

has anyone watched TUF Brazil? Maybe was some bad blood has developed during the taping rather

From what I hear Belfort has been respectful toward Silva and his team but Silva on the other has been acting like a dick.
KungFuMaster
5/29/12 5:41:22PM
I wanted to say something in the thread regarding Vitor pulling out of the fight but I just didn't feel motivated enough.

I'm motivated now though..

Vitor's broken hand saved you an ass whoppin' at least for now, Wanderlei.
MaxOne
5/29/12 5:45:15PM
Vitor was being very cool but I could see how Silva would clash w/him personality wise. I would say it's probably kind of one sided though. Vitor seems like he has nothing but respect for Silva. I was watching TUF Brazil online but until like the 4th episode and then it seemed to vanish. I haven't been able to find it on the UFC site since then. I was enjoying it.

prophecy033
5/29/12 5:51:48PM
If I was Wanderlei, I'd be tracking down that Dr. that fixed his nose but made his face look how it does
Budgellism
5/29/12 5:59:03PM

Posted by MaxOne

Vitor was being very cool but I could see how Silva would clash w/him personality wise. I would say it's probably kind of one sided though. Vitor seems like he has nothing but respect for Silva. I was watching TUF Brazil online but until like the 4th episode and then it seemed to vanish. I haven't been able to find it on the UFC site since then. I was enjoying it.

EPISODES

Here they are
Bubbles
5/29/12 6:14:14PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by MaxOne

EPISODES

Here they are

just clicked it and it said "Page not found"
Pookie
5/29/12 7:26:51PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by frizzzlecake

+1

i would love that fight...but mostly so i could see bizz basically lose 3 times in one fight again to wandy

Hah, bingo.
mrsmiley
5/29/12 7:55:39PM

Posted by bjj1605

That's how I feel as well. I give Wandy a free pass on this.
papercut
5/29/12 11:35:41PM
since theres a lot of hate for wand in here...

WAR WAND!
Chael_Sonnen
5/30/12 12:03:24AM
Veeetor's "alleged" hurt hand.....Andy's "alleged" bum knee......what's next? Brazilian fans chanting "your gonna die....."

Hey kids...do you see the trend??
Manak
5/30/12 1:01:18AM

yea he most be shaking in his boots after their 1st fight
scoozna
5/30/12 9:14:38AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by bjj1605

That's how I feel as well. I give Wandy a free pass on this.

I was thinking the same thing about Wandy...but no free pass for me. Dumb thing to say.
BuffaloDave
5/30/12 10:13:48AM
I'm all for Wandy getting a pass for saying these things, you have to take in the fact that he was hit in the head, many of times, sometimes you say things without thinking very much.

Pages: [1] 2