Wanderlei Silva talks about next fight. Confirms either Thiago silva or Lyoto Machida

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Silva talks about next fight. Confirms either Thiago silva or Lyoto Machida
Next Page »
kastro_316
6/6/08 12:42:47PM
DreamFighters.com

Wanderlei Silva has just released a statement on who his next possible fight could be with on his Myspace blog. Here is the statement
prozacnation1978
6/6/08 12:45:45PM
i think he could easily beat silva but machida might be different
this would have to be a number one contenders match in sept
maybe co main event
juanez13
6/6/08 12:46:12PM
Thiago silva would be a much better fight for him (i think he would beat thiago)

Machida i think would be a bad match up for him though.
bigbubbano23
6/6/08 12:48:39PM
o i would love to see him fight machida. he's prolly the first one that will be able to catch him. get that snorkle going silva, your gonna need it.
gartface
6/6/08 12:53:11PM
He would MURDER Thiago Silva....Murder....
NatedawgThaM
6/6/08 12:54:11PM
I just don't see the Thiago Silva fight happening. Wandy is Thiago's idol. It would be a sick fight though, a lot harder to predict then a lot of you think. Thiago has the better ground game but Wandy would win on the feet but it'd be a sick brawl. I'd love to see this fight as it has Fight Of the Year written all over it, but I'm just not sure if Thiago will sign it. I just would like to see this fight next year, let Thiago keep facing better competition each time out. Don't throw him directly into the fire. Give him Rejlic or Rashad. Not freakin Wandy...yet.

Wandy has the best style to beat Machida, that non-stop aggression with a good chin and improving cardio. I hope that fight happens, because I want Wandy/Chuck 2 and Wandy/Rampage 3 to happen SO BAD! Don't stop Thiago's rise, let him continue to improve since he's still young.
Ordep
6/6/08 1:08:21PM
I'll be more interested in Machida, dont want to see Thiago losing yet, give him Rashad as it was supposed to be.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/6/08 1:15:02PM
WAR WANDY!
Twenty20Dollars
6/6/08 1:15:29PM
I dont want to see Silva vs Silva because i like both guys and want them to keep moving up the ladder so they eventually fight later but i dont want one of them to fall down.

Wandy vs Machida would be good, I think machida would get beat, wandy would just put tons of pressure on him and break machida. IMO

But wandy vs Thiago would be a good matchup down the line, because both guys good in the clinch, then give it to thiago on the ground and wandy on the feet even though thiago has power and improving striking.

EDIT: If wandy wants the fastest way to the title or rematch with chuck and 3rd match up with rampage(both fights i want to see)
He needs to set up that fight with machida because machida is closer to the top than thiago.
xxdeadpoolxx
6/6/08 2:08:36PM
Seeing Machida get ktfo would make my year
gsquat
6/6/08 2:11:24PM

Posted by juanez13

Thiago silva would be a much better fight for him (i think he would beat thiago)

Machida i think would be a bad match up for him though.

spot on. He would beat Thiago but lose to Machida.
billycarnage
6/6/08 2:32:21PM
Yes Machida would win. He would completely neutralize his style. I would like to see Silva vs Silva personally. It would be good for Thiago to lose to a legend. It would make him a better champion... when he becomes champion.
MMAcca
6/6/08 2:35:41PM
I think he would lose to both.

Thiago would outstrike him or if that fails take him down and submit/ GnP him

The only person that can beat machida is Rampage, so Wandy would lose this also imo.....
holt8081
6/6/08 3:01:16PM
They would both be great to watch
Machida would beat rampage but they will not give him a shot cuz he cant fill the arena on his own.
mrsmiley
6/6/08 3:09:09PM
Either way us fans win!!!
Styles
6/6/08 3:19:44PM
I dont think Machida would win... Wandy would put too much pressure on him and catch him. Machida is over rated and most people will soon come to realize that.
dannyfrank
6/6/08 3:20:48PM
wanderlei vs. machida would be a good fight
ncordless
6/6/08 3:21:22PM

Posted by xxdeadpoolxx

Seeing Machida get ktfo would make my year

I would love for someone to show him what a KO is.
Pookie
6/6/08 3:30:37PM
Either fight is good for Wanderlei, but since there trying to have rampage vs. wandy three i think thell give him the fight with Machida. Its a tougher fight sure, but he'll have just beat the undefeated guy who beat tito. It could very well be a title shot directly after this fight. If rampage and wandy win of course. If not then Shogun vs. Chuck should fill the #1 contender spot. I like whats going on in this division.
kaduey
6/6/08 3:31:07PM
I've seen Thiago hurt bad twice. His last fight and the one against Drwazl. I'm pretty sure Wandy hits harder than both guys so, I predict a quick and easy win for Wand. Machida would probably beat Wandy the same way Arona did, wait for the attack and shoot in for the takedown. Boring decision win for Machida.
wolfman
6/6/08 3:52:20PM

Posted by kaduey

I've seen Thiago hurt bad twice. His last fight and the one against Drwazl. I'm pretty sure Wandy hits harder than both guys so, I predict a quick and easy win for Wand. Machida would probably beat Wandy the same way Arona did, wait for the attack and shoot in for the takedown. Boring decision win for Machida.

Oh, and don't forget his fight with Irvin. Once Irvin connected with the first right hand he threw, Thiago was thrown back against the cage hurt. Thiago immediately went for the take down and then Irvin unfortunately blew out his knee....Then, Thiago did his signature "cut throat" gesture as though he had really "beaten" Irvin.
whardin19
6/6/08 4:01:23PM
Well, if Silva wants a win he better hope for Thiago. Because I don't see him beating Machida. But maybe I'm wrong. The Thiago/Wanderlei matchup would be outstanding though. That fight would come down to punchers luck. Whoever conects good first wins. As for Machida, I think he would end up frustrating Silva and end up catching him with something.
Boo_Radley21
6/6/08 4:31:32PM
Wanderlei would take Machida out for sure. He's an aggressive striker, something Machida won't be able to back away from all fight. He'd end it in a KO.
clintjack
6/6/08 7:02:33PM
It should be

Wand vs Machida (#1 contender spot)

Chuck vs Shogun

Thiago vs Rashad

Sokoudjou vs Jardine
Mchubb316
6/6/08 7:28:01PM
I want Wand to fight Machida. I think his style, could be the one who beats him. He is not afraid to get hit coming in, and will press the fight the whole time.
Mayhem13
6/6/08 10:22:57PM
Machida would frustrate Wanderlei into making mistakes and possible finish him late in the fight...

Thiago would probably get his first loss, due to a KO by the Axe Murderer...but Thiago hasnt fought top comp yet..so its hard to decifer where he stands in that division....

and Brazilian vs Brazilian no matter what...anyone think they could be goung to Brazil for an event??
NatedawgThaM
6/6/08 11:38:22PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by kaduey

Oh, and don't forget his fight with Irvin. Once Irvin connected with the first right hand he threw, Thiago was thrown back against the cage hurt. Thiago immediately went for the take down and then Irvin unfortunately blew out his knee....Then, Thiago did his signature "cut throat" gesture as though he had really "beaten" Irvin.

Because it was over anyways. Anybody who actually thinks Irvin would have won that fight if he didn't blow out his knee, is clearly fooling themselves or has never seen irvin on the ground. Thiago would have finished him with mount GNP or subbed him easily shortly after that takedown. Stephon Bonnar tooled Irvin on the ground and IMO Thiago > Bonnar on the ground.

And I'd also have to disagree with Thiago being hurt against Mendes. IMO it was more of Thiago's aggressiveness making him off balanced. He came in way to fast but he still blocked that head kick it's just that aggressiveness had him off balanced I believe.

SmileR
6/7/08 10:29:08AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by kaduey

That pissed me off so much! Irvin would have won that fight if it hadn't been for the knee. I think Hughes will pull him apart an G&P him into the mat second round!
Biggee
6/7/08 11:56:45AM
Okay, let's clear some things up. Machida is good, but he's not that good. The man likes to seek out a decision. His last 6 fights, 5 have come by decision, 1 with arm triangle. He wouldnt get wanderlei in a submission, and his striking is no where even close to wanderleis. Machida would be elusive and run alot, but sooner or later, like everyone opponent, wanderlei would seek him out and destroy him.

Thiago silva is the scariest fight for me, because it would be a punching fest. I feel thiago would end up getting caught and knocked out. So to me i have a feeling that both fights would come by way of knockout with the victor being wanderlei.

Machida, cant finish fights, wanderlei isnt a decision kind of guy. I think with wanderlei knocking out jardine he will come out explosive once again and destroy them both. I say have him fight machida, then destroy machida, then give him a fight with chuck. The winner of that get's rampage or forrest, lol.
tylerlee123
6/8/08 12:29:24PM
I would love too see Wanderlei go against Thiago that would be cool and it would give wanderlei a chance to move up the ladder instead of facing Machida right away
Pages: [1] 2