Wanderlei Silva Taking the Year off?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wanderlei Silva Taking the Year off?
POLL: What do you think about Wanderlei Silva taking the year off?
I think it's good for him 86% (25)
Bad idea!!! 14% (4)
Ultimate_fighter
5/19/07 6:48:36PM
I am so mad, i wanted to see him fight soon. But i guess he is gonna train his ass off to become a great figter, not that he already is. Who is happy about this?
kerazzle
5/19/07 7:25:52PM
i think he needs some time off. After 2 brutal knockout losses like that he needs to refocus, train hard and just take baby steps back towards the ring in order to regain his confidence.
mkiv9secsupra
5/19/07 7:27:07PM
i think its good for him. Hes no longer the champ and after being it so long im sure he needs to take time off and come back and readjust his gameplan and tune up everything.
papercut
5/19/07 8:35:46PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i think its good for him. Hes no longer the champ and after being it so long im sure he needs to take time off and come back and readjust his gameplan and tune up everything.

he needs the time off to regroup and get back on track mentally
p_unit23
5/19/07 10:52:12PM
sucks that he's taking the year off. i really wanted to see him fight again. but he'll be back and he'll be better than ever.
johny_rotten
5/19/07 11:49:36PM
This is the best choice he has ever made. If you get KOed you just had a concussion. You need time to heal from just one not to mention 2 in 6 months. He also just opened a huge facility in Brazil. He needs to get his head healed, and then back in the mode of being a fighter, and not a businessman.
Manfred
5/20/07 12:58:50AM
He needs and deserves a break. He's proven so much over the last few years. Went undefeated for what, five years? His last two out three fights against HWs (yeah, I know he weighed in higher than CC)

Until CC, his last loss that wasn't a decision was in 1998! I think he's earned a break.
Ultimate_fighter
5/20/07 2:13:40AM
What i am thinking is that the reason why he is doing this is becuz, maybe, he wants a contract to UFC. And if he has one for sure coming, he wants to take a year off and train so hard to become UFC Champ. Look at heath herring. He went to UFC, lookin' to dominate but Jake stopped him no problem. Maybe he doesn't want to look like that.
Mastodon2
5/20/07 2:56:56PM
He has been riding on top for so long, I wouldnt be suprised if he is more than a little depressed at his recent losses.

He will tighten up his striking I think, and work on his BBJ, his takedowns and his sprawls. He will come back even more of a wrecking machine than when he was the number one LHW.
blkssncpt
5/21/07 10:11:43AM
I think it is a good idea (i guess), he does need to heal and hopefully come back with that AXE MURDERER state of mind, but it's sucks that we're not gonna see him for a whole year... but will he be back in early or late 08??? maybe he is tryin to get another UFC contract...
Northrend
5/21/07 3:05:07PM
He really needs this break in my opinion. Time for him to relax...get that hunger back that he has allways had and heal those injuries. Then we shall see the Axe Murderer again!