UFC 99: Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin (poll)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 99: Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin (poll)
POLL: Pick the winner!
Silva KO 37% (23)
Franklin KO 22% (14)
Silva Sub 0% (0)
Franklin Sub 3% (2)
Silva Decision 2% (1)
Franklin Decision 37% (23)
nbf
3/11/09 8:30:20AM
Well I pick Wandy via KO but as the fight goes to round 2 and 3 it might be Franklin by decision as well.

I'll be rooting for Wandy as usual.
PABLOMAFIOSO
3/11/09 1:59:43PM
I like both fighters and would not like to pick between them but Rich fights a smarter fight than Wanderlei. I think Wandy catches the early KO or he will be in for a long night. Franklin can and probably will pick him apart for 3 rounds.
Hendo67
3/11/09 2:17:51PM
I'll be rooting for Wand, but my gut says Rich for some reason...

I can see Rich pulling off a decision win.
fullerene
3/11/09 2:48:04PM
I'm thinking Franklin by decision in a fight that is 100% kickboxing. Although I rate both guys fairly even in striking, wrestling and submissions Franklin strikes me as a difficult matchup for Wanderlei. He's taller and has better lateral movement and I see him avoiding the straight-ahead attacks of Silva and pot-shotting him with clean counters and jabs.

Plus, despite the great overall career, Silva has not fought very well in the UFC for some reason.
hippysmacker
3/11/09 3:12:29PM

Posted by fullerene

I'm thinking Franklin by decision in a fight that is 100% kickboxing. Although I rate both guys fairly even in striking, wrestling and submissions Franklin strikes me as a difficult matchup for Wanderlei. He's taller and has better lateral movement and I see him avoiding the straight-ahead attacks of Silva and pot-shotting him with clean counters and jabs.

Plus, despite the great overall career, Silva has not fought very well in the UFC for some reason.

I agree. I am guessing technical proficiency wins out here.
copcopps
3/11/09 3:26:14PM
Franklin by KO but I want the Axe Murderer to win
bls1919
3/11/09 5:15:55PM
I think i am leaning toward a Franklin TKO. Rich looked ggood against Hammil and Hendo, i hope he hits his stride in 205 and fights for the title again. He was a great champ @ 185 and IMO would take Rashad out( not thats hes close to a title shot)
Playground_Samurai
3/11/09 5:25:16PM
I'm really curious to see who the odds will favor in this fight. While Wand is always always dangerous, I have Rich winning this fight handidly. I think his superiour technical striking and reach advantage will give Silva lots of problems. I think Rich will be able to keep him at a distance and avoid those powerful flurries while picking him apart from the outside, probably eventually finishing with the ko/tko sometime in the 2nd round.
nickcuc547
3/11/09 5:36:46PM
As much as I don't want to admit, Franklin may be the perfect style for wandy. I think rich picks him apart for a pretty impressive decision win, he could also get a late knockout. Rich is too smart to fall victim to wandy's attack and silva will not pick rich apart, that's only happened three times all to fighters who are better than silva right now (spider and machida).
Aaronno9
3/11/09 9:01:23PM
I think Rich is going to keep on the outside and use lots of kicks, then if Wandy tries to get on the inside I wouldnt be suprised to see Rich take him down and use a little GnP. You can never be sure with Wandy though, he could just bull rush Franklin and k.o him early like he did to Jardine.

I really just feel at this point in both guys careers, Rich has almost all the advantages other than k.o power and agressivness.

Franklin - 3rd round tko/UD