Wanderlei Silva Rejects Juanito’s Offer To betry Jackson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Silva Rejects Juanito’s Offer To betry Jackson
kastro_316
12/12/08 2:37:12PM
DreamFighters.com

A few days ago in a interview with Juanito, Quinton Jackson’s Former trainer, Juanito mentioned he has the formula to beat Rampage, and was willing to teach Wanderlei Silva this formula. Silva being the classy guy he is blunty refused his offer. Silva’s response inside.

Jackelope
12/12/08 2:41:49PM

“I’ve received a letter from someone offering training with Juanito to me, but I didn’t care to accept it.

“(The letter) contained phone numbers that I could use to get in touch with Juanito, but I threw it away.

“I think it’s unethical to accept the former coach of my opponent, and if Juanito is doing this with Rampage, he may do the same with me later.”

Juanito has really shown some class in this one

As always, though... you can count on the class and sportsmanship of Wanderlei
Focker101
12/12/08 2:57:52PM
Yeah Wandy rocks
honestly though I am waiting for Rampage's comments
Props to the first person who finds them
StorminYourman
12/12/08 3:06:38PM
I would prop Wandy if he was on this site like a million times
SeanMcD
12/12/08 3:07:08PM

Posted by Jackelope

“I’ve received a letter from someone offering training with Juanito to me, but I didn’t care to accept it.

“(The letter) contained phone numbers that I could use to get in touch with Juanito, but I threw it away.

“I think it’s unethical to accept the former coach of my opponent, and if Juanito is doing this with Rampage, he may do the same with me later.”

Juanito has really shown some class in this one

As always, though... you can count on the class and sportsmanship of Wanderlei

I don't remember if the whole truth ever came out on the Rampage/Ibarra split but it seemed like Ibarra was the one at fault there by his overcharging for training camps. Now that he is trying to sell out fighters he previously trained, I hope others take notice and steer clear of this guy.

Props to Wandy for taking the high road on this one.

I am looking forward to an all out war in this fight.
cowcatcher
12/12/08 3:24:29PM
i thought it was really in the spirit of the holidays that juanito offered to help wandy, and lets face it he really needs ibarras help to beat rampage because what he did the first 2 times definately needs some changing
MMAcca
12/12/08 3:29:38PM
Does Ibarra have any fighters in his stable anymore ?
dannyfrank
12/12/08 3:32:27PM
good for wandy

now i remember why he is one of my favorite fighters
owen1
12/12/08 3:52:33PM
Major props to Wandy,great sportmanship from him.
I cant really see any fighters wanting Juanito to train them now if he does sh*t like this onece they leave.
Jim_Dangle
12/12/08 4:23:49PM
Wanderlei already knows how to beat Jackson, by being superior.
Darnok
12/12/08 4:59:24PM
Good call Wandy!!!
cloud301336
12/12/08 5:00:36PM
F**k Juanito
Greene33
12/12/08 7:26:01PM
He didnt really need the help the first two times Juanito.
Aether
12/12/08 8:44:27PM
wow what a scumbag.
voodoo-jitsu
12/12/08 8:51:09PM
doesnt wandy have his own formula?
mrsmiley
12/12/08 8:59:19PM
Another reason why Wandy is one of my all time favirotes
theguido
12/13/08 12:36:54AM
Sounds like A Wandy WAR wagon in here and for good reason thats just low. Wasn't this kinda what happened with Oscar and Manny( Boxing ) pretty sure Manny had Oscars trainer any way pretty low to offer to teach secrets it would have been different if Wand would have searched out this info any way I'm rambling WAR WANDY
StriderXero
12/13/08 1:47:31AM
Wandy's the man, one of the most coolest if not the coolest MMA fighter out there. I seriously have not met anyone who doesn't like Wandy. Combat sports needs more guys like him.
Jackelope
12/13/08 2:21:12AM

Posted by theguido

Sounds like A Wandy WAR wagon in here and for good reason thats just low. Wasn't this kinda what happened with Oscar and Manny( Boxing ) pretty sure Manny had Oscars trainer any way pretty low to offer to teach secrets it would have been different if Wand would have searched out this info any way I'm rambling WAR WANDY

The Oscar De La Hoya and Freddie Roach story is a bit different than this one, IMO. Actually, not a bit.. it's a lot different. I'm not going to get into it, but rest assured that it wasn't Juanito-ish.

ANYWAY, on with the war wagon!! WAR WANDY!
Pookie
12/13/08 3:02:41AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by theguido

The Oscar De La Hoya and Freddie Roach story is a bit different than this one, IMO. Actually, not a bit.. it's a lot different. I'm not going to get into it, but rest assured that it wasn't Juanito-ish.

ANYWAY, on with the war wagon!! WAR WANDY!

JackHammerXXX
12/13/08 3:42:01PM
If all true...then just another example why Wandy emboddies the fighter, warrior spirit that any 'real' mma fan can appreciate, and respect. Props to him, but maybe he already knows what Juanito is going to tell him, because he already fought the Rampage on a (2) fight night, a tired though, still hungry Jackson, and he fought the other Quinton who trained for 2 months for the rematch, developing new strategies, to avenge his brutal loss in the first match. So, Silva has seen Rampage on the cop out, and on the showdown esque finalities in their fights. Jackson got away with the first one, cuz he could cop out to the "I fought Liddell the SAME Night!!!", but the rematch, he had to honor, respect, and Accept the fact that he had been humbled by the same man, again.
Anyways, Ibarra is a snake if this is true, and Silva is a fighter with honor, and pride. I don't believe he'd have accepted this offer, on any terms. He's doing the best training, I think, ever and will be nothing but prepared, Enough, to take Jackson out again.
bls1919
12/13/08 4:51:31PM
Ibarra is a classless bum. And to my knowledge......doesn't Wandy pretty much know the secret to dismantling Rampage. Knees and knees and more knees. I think this fight goes about the same as the first two. Wandy looks to be hitting his stride in the UFC, while Page is......... well he is what he is.
Red-Dragon
12/13/08 4:52:58PM
If Wandy fights like he did against Chuck he will lose. If he fights like he did against Jardine (which I hope he does) he will win.

Come to think of it, Wandy WILL win this fight.