Wanderlei Silva post 92 interview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wanderlei Silva post 92 interview
ashurian
12/30/08 12:21:17PM
MikeyG
12/30/08 12:30:33PM
glad to hear this interview man thanks, always classy and humble even in defeat, i cant wait until he fights again
Diamondback2
12/30/08 12:44:31PM
Wandy is the man. He looked calm and relaxed and in a good mood despite being KTFO'd earlier that night.

I was impressed when the guy asked if Page got lucky Wandy said (along these lines) "No, he trains hard as do I and he got me"

Wandy needs to be a model for how fighters act and fighters should look up to him.
king_katool
12/30/08 5:38:18PM

Posted by Diamondback2

Wandy is the man. He looked calm and relaxed and in a good mood despite being KTFO'd earlier that night.

I was impressed when the guy asked if Page got lucky Wandy said (along these lines) "No, he trains hard as do I and he got me"

Wandy needs to be a model for how fighters act and fighters should look up to him.

ever so respectful is wandy
hails
12/30/08 7:00:38PM

I don't think Wandi is a good role model!!!

I did see him jump into the ring in Pride after Rampage won the chance to face Wandi. Wandi went on to push Rampage!!!

I sure Junie did the same thing in TUF8 and everyone bagged him!!!!

I also heard Wandi say in the lead up to UFC 92, that when he fights he wants 'to kill' his opponent, and he begins to shake!!! Real good role model.

Granted he may be gracious in defeat, but when saying he is a role model we need to look at what he does before a fight as well!!!

Just my 2 cents!!
MikeyG
12/30/08 7:25:36PM

Posted by hails

I did see him jump into the ring in Pride after Rampage won the chance to face Wandi. Wandi went on to push Rampage!!!

I also heard Wandi say in the lead up to UFC 92, that when he fights he wants 'to kill' his opponent, and he begins to shake!!! Real good role model.

Granted he may be gracious in defeat, but when saying he is a role model we need to look at what he does before a fight as well!!!

Just my 2 cents!!

Aether
12/30/08 8:12:55PM

Posted by hails

Just my 2 cents!!

You can't compare junie to wanderlei. Wanderlei was called into the ring, and it was most likely arranged beforehand in order to hype the fight. He didn't just decide to run in because he was pissed off in the middle of someone's victory celebration and he pushed him because Rampage was constantly talking shit. Junie jumped in because he was mad that his friend got beat and because he is unable to control himself.

As far as saying he wants to kill his opponent he's talking about the frame of mind that he has to put himself in to fight properly. Most fighters will say the same thing. You have to put yourself in the mindset that the person standing across from you is your mortal enemy, it doesn't mean that he literally wants to kill people, it's a figure of speech. He also doesn't speak english fluently at all, so you really can't read his statements as a literal word for word interpretation of his meaning. If someone is mad it's a pretty common figure of speech to say "I could kill so and so". Most people don't actually mean that they want to commit murder...
Wallass
12/31/08 5:42:49PM
I like Wandi as much as the next guy but come on guys role model? Shoving Rampage in Pride and at weigh ins does not show class.
Diamondback2
12/31/08 6:36:45PM

Posted by Wallass

I like Wandi as much as the next guy but come on guys role model? Shoving Rampage in Pride and at weigh ins does not show class.

I would bet alkot of money had Rampage not had all his legal issues he would have been showving back.

But if he did some dick DA could use that 2 seconds of footage to show he is naturally violent, thus a violent offender. Being a fighter dosen't make u that in the courts eyes but a recent video of you talking trash and then (as the courts would put it) physically assualting another fighter. They are not contracted to fight at the weigh-ins only during the fight itself.

it's sad but American Courts are like a crazy story. They focus on submision and misdirection.

Rampage is on a short leash

And on top of it they hate the hell out of each other. There has been AMPLE smack talk form Rampage in the past (watch thier pre-fight interviews in Pride) its just it finally got to Wandy.

Now if i remember correctly (and i might not) i don't remember Wandyu saying much smack talk in those fights.

I know if i was fighting someone that I KO'd bad twice i would want to do everything in my power to physically intimdate them.

Frank Mir said it best in TUF 8 when he said (along these lines) "That's awsome! You broke him mentally". It was that fight with the world next Napoleon (whatever his name was lol).

The push was a little extreme but i cannot think of ANYTHING he has done unprofessional besides the those 2 events...