Wanderlei Silva Offers up $50,000 Bet to Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Silva Offers up $50,000 Bet to Anderson Silva
BrutalKnockOut
5/16/09 6:39:28PM
Wanderlei Silva offers $50,000 to Anderson Silva that he promises to knock out Rich Franklin at UFC 99

The epic war of words between Wanderlei Silva and Anderson Silva has just picked up, and it should be very interesting to see what Anderson Silva has to say in response. Check it out!
SmileR
5/16/09 7:11:30PM
Thats a pretty bold thing to say! Franklin has only lost to the elite of the MW and LHW devisions and his accurate striking could keep Wand on the outside for the whole fight!
If Silva takes that bet he's got a hell of a good chance of winning!
Gladiator
5/16/09 8:16:46PM
I'd take that bet if i was anderson silva
disorderlyvision
5/16/09 9:39:26PM
I like Wand, but I think he is just trying to lobby for a title shot that he does not deserve. He might get it if he beats Franklin, just because the MW division is so weak, But he doesn't deserve the shot, as he hasn't exactly been on a hot streak.
prozacnation1978
5/16/09 10:01:48PM
my early prediction says if cards are right

if silva can defend one more time this year besides griffin fight and if wandy can get by franklin and say another fighter this year
maybe tuf 11 might be silva vs silva as coaches
that would be cool
TimW001
5/16/09 10:24:39PM
Does anyone know when Kenny Florini is fighting again?
gabe531
5/16/09 10:40:36PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

I like Wand, but I think he is just trying to lobby for a title shot that he does not deserve. He might get it if he beats Franklin, just because the MW division is so weak, But he doesn't deserve the shot, as he hasn't exactly been on a hot streak.

MW div is so weak?? Maia, marquardt, hendo, bisping, and okami are all near a title shot. dan miller is getting pretty close and they just signed akiyama. the div was weak at 1 time but imo its becoming one of the stronger weight classes in the UFC.

Florian is fighting BJ in august also in philly at ufc 101 as the main event, co main event is anderson vs forrest
4u2nv
5/16/09 11:26:22PM
War Franklin! Sucks bc he's such a classy guy getting stuck in the middle. I think Ace is going to show up and its going to be a Shogun vs Liddel with Ace as shogun and silva as Iceman.... its time for him to think retirement as well.
Wolfenstein
5/17/09 2:08:56AM
I think Wanderlei is a nightmare matchup for Rich. For some reason or another, Rich seems to be confused when he gets stuck in the plum--where Wanderlei dominates.

I just don't think Rich has the style that's going to put away Silva. Maybe he'll pop-shot him here and there, but it's Wanderlei who will be working for the KO--and eventually he'll get it.
StriderXero
5/17/09 5:59:25AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I think Wanderlei is a nightmare matchup for Rich. For some reason or another, Rich seems to be confused when he gets stuck in the plum--where Wanderlei dominates.

I just don't think Rich has the style that's going to put away Silva. Maybe he'll pop-shot him here and there, but it's Wanderlei who will be working for the KO--and eventually he'll get it.

I see it happening the exact same way as your avatar.
seanfu
5/17/09 11:45:35AM

Posted by StriderXero

Posted by Wolfenstein

I see it happening the exact same way as your avatar.

Rich Franklin by overpowering and out striking from the outside. By the way, he wins from the clinch.
sparky
5/17/09 3:34:11PM
I think Wanderlei is going to murder Franklin I just personally see Wanderlei being a bad match up for Rich!!!!!
Hendo67
5/17/09 3:47:45PM
This is the reason i love Wand, he's out there to bring the excitement, which i respect so much.

War Wand!
papercut
5/17/09 6:39:48PM
I think wand is going to crush rich much like he did to jardine. nothing against rich but wand is being driven to win by anderson and this will be proof to anderson that its a mistake to challenge wand.
941_Florida_Boy
5/17/09 9:31:44PM

Posted by gabe531

MW div is so weak?? Maia, marquardt, hendo, bisping, and okami are all near a title shot. dan miller is getting pretty close and they just signed akiyama. the div was weak at 1 time but imo its becoming one of the stronger weight classes in the UFC.

Florian is fighting BJ in august also in philly at ufc 101 as the main event, co main event is anderson vs forrest

And also let's not forget Alan Belcher who KO'ed Denis Kang recently.
941_Florida_Boy
5/17/09 9:37:30PM

Posted by 4u2nv

War Franklin! Sucks bc he's such a classy guy getting stuck in the middle. I think Ace is going to show up and its going to be a Shogun vs Liddel with Ace as shogun and silva as Iceman.... its time for him to think retirement as well.

Why retirement? Why do all fighters have to be the best in order to keep fighting? If people want to fight - then let them fight. If they continue to lose, then train somewhere else or fight somewhere else. I don't think fighters should talk about retirement because they lose. I think they should talk retirement when injuries occur more frequently and their body tells them they simply can not perform any longer. IMO

Also - I am also picking Franklin, but by unanimous decision.
Hendo67
5/17/09 11:53:35PM

Posted by 941_Florida_Boy

Posted by gabe531

And also let's not forget Alan Belcher who KO'ed Denis Kang recently.

Belcher didn't KO Kang, he submitted him.