What if Wanderlei Silva loses?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What if Wanderlei Silva loses?
Dastardly1
5/4/08 7:44:19PM
If Jardine beats Silva its his 4th loss in a row and 2nd in the UFC. Will dana keep him around for a fight with Rampage? The revenge angle would still sell seats. Or will Dana pull the Crocop card and tell him," we did't bring you here and pay you to keep losing" and cut him?
I really don't think they would cut him though, as long as Rampage is still champ. They wouldn't want the guy that beat there Champ twice in another Promotion,but with all the releases of fighters lately who knows.

By the way my $ is on Silva KO RD2
DevonFoxy
5/4/08 7:45:17PM
He'll drop to Middleweight to fight.

At least I sure do hope so. A fight with Anderson would be epic.
Aaronno9
5/4/08 7:52:20PM
I really hope he doesn't loose. 4 losses in a row, albeit to good fighters, is going to really damage his rep. He should be jardine, but then again chuck should of beaten jardine and we all saw how that went down. This will be a good fight, i just hope wandy isn't to tentative, becouse that could be his downfall.
Dastardly1
5/4/08 7:53:01PM
that would be an awsome fight for sure.
juanez13
5/4/08 8:01:40PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I really hope he doesn't loose. 4 losses in a row, albeit to good fighters, is going to really damage his rep. He should be jardine, but then again chuck should of beaten jardine and we all saw how that went down. This will be a good fight, i just hope wandy isn't to tentative, becouse that could be his downfall.

Wandy Tentative, doubt it...its more like if he is too wild it could hurt him as some fighter would just try to pick him apart, most fighters have fallen when they try to trade punch for punch with wandy, that was rampage's biggest mistake, was Brawling Wandy, still if the fight happended again i think rampage would try to brawl again like he did against hendo, except i think he would take him down alot more. i think guys like machida would present the most problems to wandy since he throws alot of straight punches.

still i hope wandy wins, it would hate to see him loose again. But i dont think the UFC would cut,it think his Pride losses wouldnt count as much because most fans in the US didnt see them. It'd be more like wandy being 0-2 in the UFC. If he looses i think they'd give him someone like houston alexander for him to murder. than maybe build him to fight super fights against guys like chuck, or griffin. Fights that are mostly fan friendly since they would be slug fests that people would love to see.
Aaronno9
5/4/08 8:07:59PM
Well, he was quite tentative against chuck, im just saying i hope he doesn't do the same. I dont think jardine likes being pressured, if you give him time though, he can pick some good shots. If wandy comes out and bull rushes jardine and gets him into a clinch, i think its lights out for the dean of mean.
nickcuc547
5/4/08 8:27:43PM
if he loses a drop to middleweight would make sense, he could get there easily and he would be an absolute animal, anderson silva could be in for a war.
IriShame
5/4/08 8:27:46PM
It's an intrigueing matchup of styles. That being said I think it's Jardine's time right now. Wandy is waning and The Dean of Mean is waxing hard. 3 years ago I'm taking The Axe Murderer in a blowout but it's not 3 years ago. Jardine by majority decision.
wolfman
5/4/08 9:32:37PM
Just to be a smart ass, if you go all the way back to Wandy's early days he was 1 and 2 in the UFC as he lost to both Tito Ortiz and Vitor Belfort. If he loses to Jardine it will make him officially 1-4 in the UFC. I am sure you guys are talking recently, as most mainstream fans will only see him as 0-2 in the UFC. Just thought I'd point that it out though.
Mchubb316
5/4/08 9:36:40PM
Maybe if he loses he could be a fighter on a future season of TUF for the comebacks season 2.......

Kidding aside, if he loses, which is a strong possibilty against Jardine, He could move to middleweight and make a new push for that belt. Wand vs Leben, or vs Bisping. There are some sweet fights in that division, plus they could use a little boost to make the division more appealing.
chickmagnet
5/4/08 10:33:39PM
I really wanna see Wandy vs. Rampage 3, I realy do believe the UFC will make ALOT of money if they make this fight happen. I think if Wanderlei crushes Jardine, they'll giv him a title shot just because he mauled Rampage twice in the past. If he destroys Jardine like his olself then we could see Wand get back in the mix.

WAR WANDERLEI
Twenty20Dollars
5/4/08 10:43:14PM
i dont think he would be released to go fight somewhere else right away, because in the promo for the jardine vs wandy fight, dana was like "this guy just loves to F*CKING FIGHT". but idk what will actually happen.
I dont see that fight between rampage and wandy anytime soon unless he strings some wins together. or unless rampages loses the title and wandy wins some fights.

i have jardine to win.
Chuteboxer
5/5/08 8:43:03AM
I don't want Wandy to retire should he lose this fight...he's too young for that...

He just loves to fight. Been doing it since he was sixteen. For him to have to give it up now would just suck.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/5/08 11:22:11AM
if wandy loses, i die a little more inside