Wanderlei Silva on his ‘incredible’ fight against Rich Franklin at UFC 99

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Silva on his ‘incredible’ fight against Rich Franklin at UFC 99
MMAcca
2/28/09 12:23:04AM
“… incredible, because he is the last champion before Anderson. He is a great fighter, a complete fighter and it is a good first fight for me in this division…. I didn’t see this fight [with Henderson] but I have seen two or three of his fights. He is complete - good ground, good stand-up, good takedowns, and I think he is a very good fight for me. I am bringing in several sparring partners from Brazil that are also complete fighters, I will be ready for him.”

LINK
chitownsfinest15
2/28/09 1:26:14AM
going to be a really good fight...both comming off loses and looking to bounce back...
basbylivershot
2/28/09 2:37:11AM
Thanks for the link - I know Wandy can do it
mentalcase
2/28/09 4:07:25AM

Posted by chitownsfinest15

going to be a really good fight...both comming off loses and looking to bounce back...

the defference is by the 3rd round rich was kicking hendersons ass, but wandy was in an ambulance getting checked out by doctors
EvenFlow
2/28/09 6:05:28AM

Posted by mentalcase

the defference is by the 3rd round rich was kicking hendersons ass, but wandy was in an ambulance getting checked out by doctors

The relevance being what?
mentalcase
2/28/09 6:38:39AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by mentalcase

when u say both comeing off losses it sound the same but franklin had a very good performance against a tough hendo, on the other hand silva is on the slide, hes been brutaly KOed 3 times in he last 5 fights
LakieMan
2/28/09 9:52:12AM
This fight will be amazing IMO, can't wait for it.
jomatty
2/28/09 10:37:12AM
im excited for this fight but man they are not giving wandy anything but killers at a time when he may need an easier fight to rebound a little
mentalcase
2/28/09 11:00:34AM
yeah they should give him cans like pride did during his title reign
theguido
2/28/09 1:33:10PM
I'm hopin Wandy has a little style change. he'll need it but I'm still pullin for him WAR WANDY
hindsightufuk
2/28/09 1:48:14PM
you gotta hand it sliva, he hasnt taken any easy fights since joining ufc
most fighters get at least one fight to test the waters.
EvenFlow
2/28/09 5:05:36PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by mentalcase

when u say both comeing off losses it sound the same but franklin had a very good performance against a tough hendo, on the other hand silva is on the slide, hes been brutaly KOed 3 times in he last 5 fights

A losing streak is a losing streak, and Franklin and Wand are on one regardless if it was close or a brutal KO (i thought hendo won unanimously but to each his own) Wand proabably needs it more I get what you're saying but I dont see the point of the original quoting of chitownfinest15.
lohmann
2/28/09 5:24:54PM

Posted by mentalcase

What if Franklin got hit by Jackson? Do you think he'd make it to the end of the fight? You can't equate the two fights. A better comparison would be Franklin and Silva's two recent fights with Henderson, and Silva was competitive in that before being brutally killed.

This fight is going to be great. (Is this the main event?) UFC 99 is going to be great.

Silva vs. Franklin
Hardy vs. Davis
Swick vs. Saunders
Velasquez vs. Herring
Uno vs. Fisher
4u2nv
3/1/09 12:12:42PM
War Franklin!!! i really hope he wins. I'm growing tired of watching him lose and get ripped off or simple outclassed. (Dam u Andy!) lol
higdon10
3/1/09 1:42:24PM

Posted by mentalcase

yeah they should give him cans like pride did during his title reign

mk1630
3/1/09 4:41:12PM
I cant wait for this fight. Im really hoping Wandy wins it because i want to see him get back to his old self. And i agree with whoever posted saying that they're only giving him good fighters now. He hasnt had a break yet.