Wanderlei Silva hints at replacing Gustafsson at this weekend's UFC on FUEL card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Silva hints at replacing Gustafsson at this weekend's UFC on FUEL card
POLL: Do you wanna see Wand vs. Gegard?
Yes 76% (25)
No 6% (2)
Maybe if it was 2006 18% (6)
jakewalters
4/1/13 7:04:50PM
Wandy just tweeted that the UFC has contacted him about replacing Gustafsson, and that he is strongly considering it.

TWEET LINK

?@wandfc
UFC news my guys fight Saturday agains Musasi!!! What you think? UFC just contact me about Saturday,UFC acabeu de me ligar o que acha?

("acabeu de me ligar o que acha" translates roughly to "tell me what you think")
ThaAxeMurderer7
4/1/13 7:12:04PM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Budgellism
4/1/13 7:23:23PM
I hope Gus isn't out of the fight but if they're going to have a replacement, Wandy would be unreal.
Card
4/1/13 7:39:23PM
UFCSWEDEN ?@UFCSWEDEN 4m
BREAKING NEWS: Wanderlei Silva is fighting Gegard Mousasi on saturday. Wandy just confirmed via textmessage to MMAweekly! @ufc @danawhite

vs.

jakewalters
4/1/13 7:39:57PM
Posted 1 minute ago...

@arielhelwani 1m
I just asked DW about Wand vs. Mousasi. His response: "Gus is still fighting! It's April fools. Stay of twitter and the net today!" :/
FastKnockout
4/1/13 8:04:21PM
I'm not a big fan of Gus so this would be amazing if it was true.
hotrodttt
4/1/13 10:01:29PM
Gus wins via ud against Gegard, Wandy vs Gegard produces a much different match up. Does Gegard take Wand down or stand and bang and possibly get ko'd? I'd rather see Gegard va Wandy, much more intreging IMO
Lungsofsteel
4/1/13 10:40:59PM
wooo i hope its true i was gunning for this on twitter yesterday
prophecy033
4/1/13 10:46:02PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Gus wins via ud against Gegard, Wandy vs Gegard produces a much different match up. Does Gegard take Wand down or stand and bang and possibly get ko'd? I'd rather see Gegard va Wandy, much more intreging IMO

yep
oForrestGriffino
4/1/13 11:19:21PM
I like the matchup better when considering the differences of the types of fights but still would rather see Mousasi get someone higher in the ranks.
shaneTpain
4/1/13 11:41:37PM
Id watch it
Bubbles
4/2/13 10:12:01AM

Posted by oForrestGriffino

I like the matchup better when considering the differences of the types of fights but still would rather see Mousasi get someone higher in the ranks.

for a last minute replacement, we can't be too picky. If this happened 3 weeks out then I agree but when the fight is coming up in a few days it's tough to get any top fighter flown overseas and try to make weight
emfleek
4/2/13 10:26:32AM
April Fools.

Confirmed by Wanderlei himself.