Wanderlei SIlva: Forrest Fight Would Be "Sad Situation"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei SIlva: Forrest Fight Would Be "Sad Situation"
DCRage
11/12/08 9:40:04AM
Apparently Wanderlei Silva isn't a fan of fighting guys he trains with, even though it's sometimes part of the business. And although there's no guarantee this could happen, if SIlva beats Quinton Jackson at UFC 92, he thinks his next fight could be such a situation-current UFC LHW Champion and sometimes-training partner Forrest Griffin.

Article
Lethal
11/12/08 9:57:41AM
The authors made that title REALLY misleading. I thought Wanderlei was going to talk about how he would murder Forrest.
Wolfenstein
11/12/08 10:12:06AM
Misleading if you didn't know they were training partners I suppose.

Aside from Lyoto Machida, I think this is the second worst possible matchup for Forrest. Forrest is best when he can dictate the pace, control the distance, and fight on the outside. Mixing it up occasionally with some trip takedowns and GnP. A lot of those things would be taken away as Wanderlei would be up in his face and would have the better thai boxing. Forrest's best bet would be getting this fight on the ground immediatley, which I think is a really tough task.
gsquat
11/12/08 10:25:15AM
You all seem to be missing the fact that Rashad is going to destroy Forrest. So Wandy may be getting all worked up for nothing.
Wolfenstein
11/12/08 10:27:58AM

Posted by gsquat

You all seem to be missing the fact that Rashad is going to destroy Forrest. So Wandy may be getting all worked up for nothing.

Ummm well let me get out my fact book....hmmm nope looks like Forrest is going to win. Maybe you just...looked it up wrong?
gsquat
11/12/08 10:54:12AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by gsquat

Ummm well let me get out my fact book....hmmm nope looks like Forrest is going to win. Maybe you just...looked it up wrong?

Psh.... don't know what fact book you're looking at... must be the jerk fact book, or something.
ohiostate1016
11/12/08 10:55:26AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by gsquat

That was my guess.
wrona666
11/12/08 11:49:06AM

Posted by gsquat

God i hope Forrest wins this fight i cant stand Evans.......OOPS i Rasharted!!!!!
Cdellorso
11/12/08 12:54:50PM
Predictions are so great when they are based on fact-

Marty Mcfly just got back from the future and told me that Rashad decided not to fight on the grounds that forrest had too big of Monkey ears and too harry of a chest-

I looked on google for the "Fact book of the future and the "jerk" Fact book... no luck yet-

And theres no way that Forrest can beat Rampage.........ER>>>> UHM
Nevermind.
UFCmma666
11/12/08 4:21:55PM

Posted by gsquat

you are being bias(dont know how to spell that) look at youre picture but anyways i might be doing the same look at my picture

but i just dont see forrest losing this one P.S forrest will beat Wandy too
motorboatensob
11/12/08 6:17:26PM
I really like Forrest and I think he will have no problem with Rashad because Forrest is a more technical fighter than Chuck is and Rashad strikes just like Rampage. The Wandy fight I don't know I agree Wandy would be in his face so much he would soon caught Forrest and put him to sleep. End result Forrest beats Rashad, Wandy beats Rampage, Wandy beats Forrest, Chuck then takes rematch with Wandy beats him becomes champ again then retires before he take another fight lol.
bls1919
11/12/08 6:55:06PM
It would suck to have to fight a guy you train with. On the other hand these guys are PROs for a reason. Fighting friend or foe should have no bearing. Not that punching somone you don't like "feels" better. In the end if Wany wants UFC gold he will have to fight Forrest.
brutalbones
11/12/08 8:48:41PM
Evans>Griffin>Silva>Jackson
cmill21
11/12/08 9:50:00PM

Posted by brutalbones

Lol not quite sure I agree but I would like to see Wand face Forrest, but I think it would turn into a LnP.
EvenFlow
11/13/08 6:24:32AM
Wand will be champ soon enough, dosnt matter whos champ, Rashad or Forrest, War Wand.
EvenFlow
11/13/08 6:26:16AM

Posted by brutalbones

lol first of all evans and griffin havnt fought, neither have have griffin and wand so how can you make that terrible mmath, second if im not mistaken wand ko'd forrest in sparring....so wheres your logic?
jgtribbett
11/13/08 7:15:56PM
i would honestly like to see machida vs wandy.. hello yeah.. that would make me happy..

and WHEN THE HELL are they gonna bring lil nog and arona in.. damn!
kurt-2112
11/13/08 8:44:47PM
yeah, i also thought it was about Wanderlei saying hes gunna kill forrest. really interesting though.