Wanderlei Silva camp confirms medical procedure for ‘The Axe Murderer’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei Silva camp confirms medical procedure for ‘The Axe Murderer’
jae_1833
8/19/09 8:38:59PM
link

Strange pictures of Wanderlei Silva appeared last week are appearing to be true.
Givershit
8/19/09 11:09:42PM
Is it just me or does Wand now look like this guy?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
ncordless
8/19/09 11:45:43PM
Wanderlei Silva fought until his face fell apart, and then kept fighting with a new face. Wandy is the epitome of the heart of an mma fighter. If there has ever been a fighter who would give everything for the fans, it is him. I hope he is ok with it, and that this obviously drastic surgery will improve his quality of life. People always made fun of the way Wandy looked, but what you were seeing was the accumulation of years of wars in mma. If you look at Wandy's old fights he is a normal, if somewhat psycho-looking, dude. Slowly his face began to devolve into a neanderthalic state over the years. I gotta say, when I saw those photos of him post-surgery it didn't look real good. I hope he is ok and can return to the cage soon.

WAR Wanderlei, one of the all-time greats in mma with the truest heart of a warrior that I have ever seen.
telnights
8/20/09 12:42:27AM
I imagine it was to fix a lot of the scar tissue he had from so many fights and his days in Vale Tudo. The guy really did cut easy and has almost always opened up in his past few fights. Hope it works out for him and is able to get back in the cage soon.
bigbubbano23
8/20/09 1:59:39AM
didn't realize his face was that messed up, now that i look back it looked like he had cauliflower face.

props to wand
emfleek
8/20/09 8:07:45AM
I don't remember seeing any "strange" pictures of Wandy.
Givershit
8/20/09 9:17:21AM
Saw Wand in person at UFC 84. He looked alright to me. If you're gonna fight for a living you might get a scar or two. My mistake if he has done it for reasons other than cosmetics.
ncordless
8/20/09 12:30:47PM

Posted by emfleek

This one is the one that caught a lot of peeps attention.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jocka
8/20/09 12:40:18PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by emfleek

This one is the one that caught a lot of peeps attention.

Was this picture taken last week? He looks like he was injected with Botox, have to say that he looks like a normal guy now.
jae_1833
8/20/09 5:24:21PM
Link

5 oz of Pain, and Graciemag report that it was nose surgery, they did something to his septum to help him breathe better, however this does not give us the reason why his eyes look so lifted.
bigbubbano23
8/21/09 1:29:06AM
he looks beautiful