Wandy by Tko/Ko 60% (18)
Wandy by Sub 0% (0)
Wandy UD 3% (1)
Rampage by Tko/Ko 0% (0)
Rampage by Sub 0% (0)
Rampage by Decision 37% (11)
Pookie
9/12/08 5:21:43AM
I personally think this is a 50/50 match, although mental problems on rampages behalf have me leaning towards wanderlei.

I think Rampage is alot more accurate and efficient with his striking on the outside now, wandy was in bad positions in both fights and i think Rampage definitely could pull off the Tko, by bursting in on a tiring Wandy and catching him with a lead left hook + Uppercut combo

Wandy though just has that tornado type style where if your on the inside with him hes not going to stop throwing bombs, rampage has the chin and the defense to survive this barrage but he cant do nearly as much damage on the inside, which the fight will end up. I think Wandy will continually bring the fight into his range and consistently do more damage per exchange.

The styles match-up well for wandy, hes a monster inside with hooks and knees, and Rampages powerful counterpunching style tends to bring him into close range.

I bet this fight will outdo Liddell vs. Wandy
haggiswashere
9/12/08 5:47:57AM

Posted by Pookie

I personally think this is a 50/50 match, although mental problems on rampages behalf have me leaning towards wanderlei.

I think Rampage is alot more accurate and efficient with his striking on the outside now, wandy was in bad positions in both fights and i think Rampage definitely could pull off the Tko, by bursting in on a tiring Wandy and catching him with a lead left hook + Uppercut combo

Wandy though just has that tornado type style where if your on the inside with him hes not going to stop throwing bombs, rampage has the chin and the defense to survive this barrage but he cant do nearly as much damage on the inside, which the fight will end up. I think Wandy will continually bring the fight into his range and consistently do more damage per exchange.

The styles match-up well for wandy, hes a monster inside with hooks and knees, and Rampages powerful counterpunching style tends to bring him into close range.

bet it won't
SmileR
9/12/08 8:44:44AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Pookie

bet it won't

I bet it'll make who ever is ref'ing it cry when they see how messed up Rampages face is after those knees again.
fullerene
9/12/08 8:53:02AM
A good matchup despite the first 2 fights IMO. I think Rampage has improved his fight camp and his boxing technique enough in the past years to improve his performance. I think he can beat Silva striking at a distance now and he's still a bigger, better wrestler. Of course that first point is debatable and he needs to avoid the clinch. I'd bet on him being able to do that, especially over 3 rounds to win a close decision.
cowcatcher
9/12/08 9:07:32AM
rampages mental state has me more worried than anything in this match, between his mental breakdown, changing camps, and the fact that wandy KOd him twice before(which im sure page is well aware of and thinking about) the deck seems really stacked in wandys favor, not to mention wandy is flying high right now after completely dismantling jardine. its hard for me to find a reason to favor rampage here, not because of the physical tools both guys have, but everything else going on around these guys outside the cage seems to favor wandy as well.
mkiv9secsupra
9/12/08 2:21:02PM
Rampage never has been and never will be on Wanderlei's level.... Wandy TKO round 3.
DevonFoxy
9/12/08 2:25:13PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Rampage never has been and never will be on Wanderlei's level.... Wandy TKO round 3.

Wow you really think that? I have to completely disagree with you on that. I don't know how you define these levels but I think personally they are on the same level which is the top.
nickcuc547
9/12/08 2:45:30PM
rampage is a new fighter from the last two times they fought, much more intelligent with much better hands, i think he takes it this time.
Ordep
9/12/08 3:50:57PM

Posted by nickcuc547

rampage is a new fighter from the last two times they fought, much more intelligent with much better hands, i think he takes it this time.

However, this will only help him not to get KOed. I'll pick Wandy by Decision being constantly agressive and doing some subs attempts if Rampage tries to GnP.

Bumpy
9/12/08 6:10:26PM
Wandy by Tko/Ko