Wand - (t)KO 54% (19)
Wand - Submission 0% (0)
Wand - Decision 9% (3)
Rampage - (t)KO 34% (12)
Rampage - Submission 0% (0)
Rampage - Decision 3% (1)
chickmagnet
6/28/08 7:35:40PM
I most definatley think Wanderlei should and will get a title shot. Assuming Rampage beats Forrest since Forrest is the underdog the UFC wants this fight to happen. Wanderlei showed he is worthy of a title shot by beating Jardine in less than a minute. Wanderlei desimated Rampage twice in pride so there would be a lot of hype behind this fight. If Rampage beats Forrest he will have a 3rd crack at Wandy.

The LHW Bracket would have to be something like this at thisn point...

Rampage/Forrest winner vs. Wanderlei for the LHW Belt

Chuck/Rashad for no1 contender spot

Lyoto/Thiago Silva for the number 3 spot

I personally think Rampage will beat Forrest then if and when he fights Wandy it will live up to the hype. Wandy will outsrtike Rampage while Rampage goes for takedowns and controlls him on the ground. I see this fight ending in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Prediction: Wanderlei Silva Rd.2 KO

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?
aaa9erh8er
6/28/08 7:40:10PM
i think it will be very lickly that they fight but if its a three round fight (that is if page looses to forrest) thewn i could see rampage winning a SPlit d. but if its a 5 rd then i give it to wandy for sure. not saying that he would for sure loose a three rounder but three rounds of knees and strikes wont do him any good in the fourth is all im saying and also wever seen wandy come out beastly in the later rounds.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/28/08 7:44:31PM
this is who i want quinton to face next. ZUffa owns the pride footage so they can easily hype up the fight + jardines brutal beatdown. i think either wandy would knock out quinton or quinton would wrestle wandy to a decision win. Wandy training with randy couture and the rest of extreme couture , would have a good game plan and extensively worked his take down defense . wandy round 1 tko.
NatedawgThaM
6/28/08 9:57:00PM
I say Rampage TKO/KO.

Just because he's gotten so much better and has matured so much while Wandy hasn't really IMHO done much but prove an aggressive striker owns Jardine.
mrsmiley
6/28/08 10:04:30PM
It could go either way really.Had Quinton kept it on the ground more,and not had willingly stood toe to toe with Silva as much as he did,he probably would have beat Silva in the rematch.Will I can't say he willingly stood,but oh well.

In the rematch though,Quinton would have won if the round would have lasted 10 more seconds imo.Silva was rocked.
RandyCouture
6/28/08 11:35:45PM
I think Rampage takes this in his pride fight he looked gassed and slow but in the cage i think he would be able to utalize good movement and his wrestling against the cage to beat wandy.
Naturaldisaster
6/29/08 12:07:21AM

Posted by chickmagnet

I most definatley think Wanderlei should and will get a title shot. Assuming Rampage beats Forrest since Forrest is the underdog the UFC wants this fight to happen. Wanderlei showed he is worthy of a title shot by beating Jardine in less than a minute. Wanderlei desimated Rampage twice in pride so there would be a lot of hype behind this fight. If Rampage beats Forrest he will have a 3rd crack at Wandy.

I personally think Rampage will beat Forrest then if and when he fights Wandy it will live up to the hype. Wandy will outsrtike Rampage while Rampage goes for takedowns and controlls him on the ground. I see this fight ending in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

wandy lost his 1st fight in ufc and won his last fight. How does that make his the next contender for the belt? Machida would be ahead of wandy if you ask me. I dont like machida but he deserves it more then wandy.

and chuck beat wandy so chuck would be ahead of him.

chickmagnet
6/29/08 3:47:43AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by chickmagnet

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

wandy lost his 1st fight in ufc and won his last fight. How does that make his the next contender for the belt? Machida would be ahead of wandy if you ask me. I dont like machida but he deserves it more then wandy.

Look Chuck got injured and was put out for a while. Wand already has 2 victories over Quinton and he won his last fight by KO. Rampage didn't deserve a title shot with Chuck, he got a lack luster win over Marvin Eastman who gets KO'd every time he steps onto the octagon. This fight would make the UFC alot of money. Machida needs one more big win. The only guy he has finished is Soko. Wanderlei is a much more interesting opponent for Rampage than Machida right now.
Naturaldisaster
6/29/08 1:24:52PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by chickmagnet

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

Look Chuck got injured and was put out for a while. Wand already has 2 victories over Quinton and he won his last fight by KO. Rampage didn't deserve a title shot with Chuck, he got a lack luster win over Marvin Eastman who gets KO'd every time he steps onto the octagon. This fight would make the UFC alot of money. Machida needs one more big win. The only guy he has finished is Soko. Wanderlei is a much more interesting opponent for Rampage than Machida right now.

I like wanderlai but If you've won 1 out of your last 4 fights, you dont deserve a title fight
chickmagnet
6/29/08 2:17:28PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by chickmagnet

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

I like wanderlai but If you've won 1 out of your last 4 fights, you dont deserve a title fight

Pride Fights dont matter, he was in two wars and got clipped and went down. He put up a hellof a fight with Liddell. Dana White had stated if Wanderlei beats chuck he'll be in line for the title. So he lost the decision to chuck. If the Rashad/Chuck fight had happened earlier this month and Chuck won he would be next in line. However he got injured and Wanderlei destroyed the last guy to beat Chuck (Jardine). The UFC basicly stated Wand needs one big win when he comes in and since he's defeated Jackson 2 times he could get a title shot. Not sayin this is going to happen but I really want it to happen.
chrismithers
6/29/08 2:32:35PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by chickmagnet

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

Pride Fights dont matter, he was in two wars and got clipped and went down. He put up a hellof a fight with Liddell. Dana White had stated if Wanderlei beats chuck he'll be in line for the title. So he lost the decision to chuck. If the Rashad/Chuck fight had happened earlier this month and Chuck won he would be next in line. However he got injured and Wanderlei destroyed the last guy to beat Chuck (Jardine). The UFC basicly stated Wand needs one big win when he comes in and since he's defeated Jackson 2 times he could get a title shot. Not sayin this is going to happen but I really want it to happen.

Who cares if he beat Rampage 2 times this is the UFC not Pride. Get that through some peoples head. he is not fighting the title of the world. hes fighting for the title of UFC. Title contention for the UFC title should only count on their UFC record no there overall record. And yes Rampage didnt deserve the title shot either.
EON
6/29/08 2:59:18PM
my home dawg wand for the win
EON
6/29/08 3:00:41PM

Posted by chrismithers

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by chickmagnet

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

Who cares if he beat Rampage 2 times this is the UFC not Pride. Get that through some peoples head. he is not fighting the title of the world. hes fighting for the title of UFC. Title contention for the UFC title should only count on their UFC record no there overall record. And yes Rampage didnt deserve the title shot either.

once again
chickmagnet
6/30/08 4:32:55PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I say Rampage TKO/KO.

Just because he's gotten so much better and has matured so much while Wandy hasn't really IMHO done much but prove an aggressive striker owns Jardine.

Not so. Wand will do the same to Quinton what he did before. He has got Rampages number.