Wanderlei to murder Jardine's dreams

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei to murder Jardine's dreams
MMAcca
5/17/08 2:59:25PM
Wanderlei Silva has predicted a ‘fast knock-out’ when he attempts to shatter Keith Jardine’s title dreams at “UFC 84: ILL WILL”.

“The Axe Murderer” is box office, win or lose, as he proved against Chuck Liddell in his last fight – arguably the greatest collision ever witnessed in The UFC (Good, but i'm not too sure that's accurate).

LINK
IriShame
5/17/08 3:41:36PM
How many guys does Jardine have to beat before he gets an ounce of respect? Wandy has lost three straight and Keith is riding a wave of momentum after destroying the Iceman. Jardine by UD.
GrandMaster313
5/17/08 4:10:47PM
Wandy by Vicious Knees !
aaa9erh8er
5/17/08 5:10:47PM
agredd wandy is gonna be a tiger in a corner and id hate to be his next openent period. i have all the respect in the world for keith tho but i feel he loads up his punches to much and wandy will clinch and do his thing.
89vision
5/17/08 5:12:41PM
I said it before and I'll say it again, Wandy cannot lose this fight for the sake of his career. It'll be KO of the night hopefully
holt8081
5/17/08 5:29:23PM
dont get over confident jardine can win this fight.
jakeiceman
5/17/08 6:18:39PM
I really cant decide on this one, I am really going for Wandy but its hard to pick against Jardine these days. I shit myself when Liddell couldnt take him out (although Liddell looked like absolute shit) Jardine is definately a game opponent and this could go either way. I'm leaning toward Wandy because he has to be fighting for his life this time, I'm hoping to see him return to old form in this fight. Hell I dont know, its a hard one to pick. Axe Murderer 2 Rd. KO
prozacnation1978
5/17/08 10:13:33PM
jardine is good but to beat chuck then wandy i don't see it happening, but if he does i wanna see him ranked number 1 in every magazine to website for mma rankings, and see him get his title shot, he should have got it before forrest did
mrsmiley
5/17/08 11:26:03PM
I want Silva to win so damn bad,but I just think Jardine is going to take it.I just think he's going to come out and outpower and outstrike Silva.Typing that makes me want to cry,but I think Jardine is going home with a win.
GrandMaster313
5/18/08 2:21:05AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

jardine is good but to beat chuck then wandy i don't see it happening, but if he does i wanna see him ranked number 1 in every magazine to website for mma rankings, and see him get his title shot, he should have got it before forrest did

I don't agree Forrest beat Shogun and not only beat him but made him tapout. Shogun may not have been 100% from what people may say but in any sport a win is a win ! He deserves a shot .
Lockfrow
5/18/08 12:20:06PM
I hope the old Wandy shows up and he brutalizes Jardine but Jardines Crazy old man Kung Fu style has been effective in the past.
silverbullet
5/18/08 2:33:48PM

Posted by IriShame

How many guys does Jardine have to beat before he gets an ounce of respect? Wandy has lost three straight and Keith is riding a wave of momentum after destroying the Iceman. Jardine by UD.

I thought Liddell won that fight
IriShame
5/18/08 3:11:08PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by IriShame

I thought Liddell won that fight

You've got to be kidding me. I guess maybe, if kicks don't count for anything.
silverbullet
5/18/08 3:56:17PM

Posted by IriShame

It was a really close fight and Jardine didn't "destroy" Liddell by any means
wolfman
5/18/08 4:06:34PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by IriShame

Technically I agree that Jardine did not "destroy" Liddell, however I don't think it was that close of a fight. What I mean is it should not have been a Split Decision, it should have been a UD for Jardine. Chuck won the first round (barely) and then Jardine dominated the other two rounds. He dropped Chuck with a nice right hand and battered him with leg kicks that were virtually unanswered by Liddell. An easy fight to call in Jardine's favor imo.
mrsmiley
5/18/08 5:52:58PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by IriShame

Technically I agree that Jardine did not "destroy" Liddell, however I don't think it was that close of a fight. What I mean is it should not have been a Split Decision, it should have been a UD for Jardine. Chuck won the first round (barely) and then Jardine dominated the other two rounds. He dropped Chuck with a nice right hand and battered him with leg kicks that were virtually unanswered by Liddell. An easy fight to call in Jardine's favor imo.

I think anything less than saying a UD for Jardine is a bit crazy.I agree,he didn't deystroy Liddell,but he outwitted him the whole fight,and has left me wondering were Chuck stands on his KO power.
89vision
5/18/08 9:05:44PM
jardine won every round and scored a knockdown, jardine won that fight unanimously but they wanted to make chuck look better with a split decision
MaxOne
5/22/08 12:28:05AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by IriShame

Word,
Jardine was pretty dominant in that fight. He looked strange but he was very effective.