Wanderlei on his future: "I can't retire, I love to fight"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei on his future: "I can't retire, I love to fight"
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/5/09 8:33:31PM
Wanderlei Silva says he has no plans to retire from fighting in the near future, although he admits that the recent furore surrounding both Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and Mirko ‘CroCop’ Filipovic has given him pause for thought.

“Its tough no? All fighters my age are starting to stop! Its hard, its bad news!” he laughed as he discussed his two former adversaries with Fighters Only. Jackson is on temporary hiatus from fighting while he pursues a role in the A-Team movie, while Filipovic has not looked good in the UFC and was talking about retiring after his loss to Junior Dos Santos.

Regarding Jackson, Wanderlei told Fighters Only, “I think he will come back. He is a great fighter and I think he will be back at some time in the future.” As for CroCop, “He was a great fighter too and he doesn’t need to stop, he just needs to train more for the next fight.”

Link
xdanish020
10/5/09 11:12:16PM
Gotta love Wanderlei, always positive.
hate4thestate
10/5/09 11:16:44PM
after he gets beat by akiyama retiring might be a good decision imo.
State_Champ
10/6/09 12:02:20AM
I wanna see wanderlei 4ever!!!!
Nightmare27
10/6/09 12:41:06AM
It will be a sad day when he hangs'em up.
prozacnation1978
10/6/09 12:58:43AM
wandy ain't no quitter
jae_1833
10/6/09 1:20:41AM

Posted by hate4thestate

after he gets beat by akiyama retiring might be a good decision imo.

Sorry man .... Wand at 185lbs is going to destroy Akiyama....AV BET!
roger
10/6/09 5:07:04AM
His fights are ALWAYS exciting even if he loses he is a bada**
bjj1605
10/6/09 2:07:31PM
I hope Wandy never stops fighting. Watching Chuck now-a-days just makes me sad. He's obviously lost that edge that made him so specially and I don't wanna see him get knocked out anymore.

Wandy might not be tearing it up with his aggressive flurries but now he stands out as an example of toughness and will. I don't think he'll be a title contender at MW but we should see some good fights out of him, even when he looses.
sbulldavid
10/6/09 10:12:02PM
I wasn't a fan of Wandy in the early days , but I got to say he's never been afraid to fight anybody in any weight class . He is a true warrior in my book , maybe not the best , strongest , or fastest , or even most technical , but he shows up to put a show on .