Wanderlei possibly fighting at UFC 84 but who should he face?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Wanderlei possibly fighting at UFC 84 but who should he face?
POLL: Axe Murderer vs. TBA (Someone whose not fighting soon)
Keith Jardine 52% (24)
Tim Boetsch 13% (6)
Rameau Sokoudjou 20% (9)
Vitor Belfort (If he 15% (7)
kevietre
2/6/08 11:01:53PM

Wanderlei Silva is rumored to be fighting at UFC 84 but an opponent has not yet been named. The light-heavyweight division is stacked right now but a lot of fighters are tied up by the time 84 will roll around so who should Wanderlei fight?

LINK
kevietre
2/6/08 11:03:21PM
I accidentally pressed enter and the topic immediatly was added so the poll got screwed up.

The following are not options because they are committed to fights.

Forrest vs. Rampage
Rashad vs. Thiago Silva
Tito vs. Lyoto
Chuck vs. Shogun
Houston vs. James Irvin
Bonner vs. Hamill

So I tried to pick fighters who he could possibly fight.
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/7/08 12:01:18AM
would love to see vitor or soko
Mayhem13
2/7/08 12:11:09AM
soko makes most sense, as I dont think Wanderlei really deserves a figth with Jardine at this point...

but I would like to see it, if the Soko fight doesnt happen
TimW001
2/7/08 12:25:58AM
I don't care who Wandy fights. I just want to see him fight.
cmill21
2/7/08 12:28:20AM
Jardine, but thats unfair to kieth I suppose.
atlas777
2/7/08 12:56:29AM
I wouldnt mind Wandy fighting Soku that would be a pretty good fight i think but also they both would need to fight someone with a little more octagon experience i think, by throwing in two guys who have only one recent fight in the octagon might make it kinda weird for them i dont really know why but i just think they should fight guys who know the octagon it would be better experience for the both of them.
Gladiator
2/7/08 1:24:17AM
I would love to see him matched up against Houston, but that would probably be very unlikely. Vitor would be my next choice but i bet theyll match him up with jardine.
candynuts
2/7/08 2:05:20AM
Sokodojou
Jardine
possibly Lambert
Tomasz Drwal
ocho-cinco
2/7/08 2:42:06AM
Sokoudjou, probably makes the most sense, and would be a dope fight, but I think Wanderlei Vs Jardine makes alot of sense too. Yes He lost to Liddell, but he put up a very comendable effort, and is still very deserving of a fight higher up the ladder. I mean his only loss in the UFC (this time around) came on a close UD to Chuck Liddell, of all people.
But I guess the biggest issue is weather it's fair to Jardine or not. I look at it like this, Jardine is going to have to beat AT LEAST one more big name before he gets a deserved title shot, and with all these other LHW's tied up for the next few months (including the champ), and you haven't fought in a while, why not fight Silva. A win over Wanderlie beside the one he has over Chuck on his resume could not be ignored any more. In my opinion that would put him next in line after Griffin for a title shot, without question. It's a crowded division, you can't sit still especially with the belt tied up for so long.
So the next question would be, if Jardine doesn't fight Silva, who does he fight???
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 3:26:02AM
soko vs boetsch

wandy vs jardine

winner of thiago/evans VS winner of rampage/griffin

winner of lyoto/tito (lyoto) VS winner of chuck/shogun (shogun) for #1 contender (late 08) (except if tito and chuck win then something else lol)
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 3:29:01AM
soko vs boetsch

wandy vs jardine

winner of lyoto/tito (lyoto) VS winner of chuck/shogun (shogun) for #1 contender (late 08) (except if tito and chuck win then something else lol)
Naturaldisaster
2/7/08 8:15:01AM
I definitly wanna see him fight vitor again
loonytnt
2/7/08 3:04:25PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

soko vs boetsch

wandy vs jardine

jardine needs a title shot soon imo

and i think there going give wandy a no name to get hm a win, im not sayin he cant beat anyone but if he loses again dana is losin money
BlazinSaddle
2/7/08 3:57:52PM
wandy VS jardine
soko VS nakamura
drwal VS cane
lee VS boetsch
or
wandy VS soko
boetsch VS drwal
cane VS jardine
nakamura VS lee

winner of tito/lyoto (lyoto will win) VS winner of liddell/shogun
then they get the winner of griffin/jackson unless jardine wins next fight
NatedawgThaM
2/7/08 3:58:57PM
Jardine even though it's a step down it would be good to get another win over a big name while he awaits the winner of Rampage/Griffin.

Soko would be a severe downgrade for Wandy since he's proven just to be a lucky striker with a bad chin.
Pitbull09
2/7/08 4:14:33PM
Jardine is considered one of the potential guys close to deserving a title shot so I say thats the best way for the UFC to get Wandy on track. There are way more other choices though then these four
tylerlee123
2/7/08 4:27:51PM
Jardine for sure
roger
2/8/08 2:38:22AM
he should fight Tim Boetsch after that impressive win i think he should go for something bigger
jae_1833
2/9/08 5:41:07PM
I agree...fight Tim, the guy will either explode, or if he losses it will let Wandy break his loss streak...hopefully Wandy gets back to winning again real soon!!!!
CJsuperstar
2/10/08 8:40:20AM
Either Jardine or Sokuu