Who would you rather see Wanderlei fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who would you rather see Wanderlei fight?
POLL: Who should Wanderlei Silva fight next?
Lyoto Machida 51% (31)
Thiago Silva 49% (30)
Pookie
6/6/08 5:35:55PM
Wandy said he would be fighting one of these 2 next.

Who would make the better match-up?

If either of these 2 fighters wins, this will prove alot about where they stand in the division. And both are 13-0 So if Wandy wins he is probably really close to fighting Rampage.
Good match-up for everybody.
juanez13
6/6/08 5:38:01PM
Both are grea, but I'd take Thiago Silva, both are very agressive, would make for a better fight.
postman
6/6/08 5:51:05PM
Thaigo Machida just dosn't put on the most exciting fights
gartface
6/6/08 6:11:58PM

Posted by juanez13

Both are grea, but I'd take Thiago Silva, both are very agressive, would make for a better fight.

He was absolutely kill Thiago on the feet and on the ground.
Jackelope
6/6/08 6:46:00PM
If I gotta choose I'm going with Thiago Silva.

If I get my own pick I want to see him fight the loser of Forrest vs. Jackson. Hoping he wins, I'd then like to see him take on the champ. Especially because I'm more than convinced he could beat both guys
backalley101
6/6/08 6:57:23PM

Posted by postman

who ? The AXE would win this fight
Twenty20Dollars
6/6/08 7:04:00PM
I want to see him face machida, because i dont like machida and i think wandy would beat machida. I like thiago and wandy wouldnt want to see them fight yet.

You have to think machida is higher profile right now, means if wandy beat him he would be closer to 3rd fight with rampage or rematch with liddell
Violence108
6/6/08 7:05:20PM
i want him to fight Lyoto just so he can KO him!!!! i can just hear joe rogan now
"Lyoto's style is hard to deal with for alot of fights , hes very al...OH MY GOD BIG KNEE BY SILVA !!!"
Mike" BIG KNEE!"
lol
Pookie
6/6/08 7:05:25PM
I think Wanderlei is probably one of the few people who can beat Lyoto right now, and im pretty certain wanderlei would beat thiago so im going for thiago just so we can see wandy vs. rampage 3 sooner.
billycarnage
6/6/08 7:17:08PM

Posted by backalley101

Posted by postman

who ?

You mean you don't know???
Thiago Machida is the future of MMA!
billycarnage
6/6/08 7:20:51PM
Wandy beats Thiago
Machida beats Rampage

Wandy fights Machida for the strap.

That aint gonna happen. I like Machida a lot but I think I would want to see Wandy get a shot at the title first.

I picked Silva vs Silva (bombsaway)
warglory
6/6/08 7:34:52PM

Posted by billycarnage

Wandy beats Thiago
Machida beats Rampage

Wandy fights Machida for the strap.

That aint gonna happen. I like Machida a lot but I think I would want to see Wandy get a shot at the title first.

I picked Silva vs Silva (bombsaway)

I just don't see the logic in Wandy getting a title shot before Machida, even if you aren't a fan of Lyoto's.

To answer the question though, I think Silva vs. Silva would be a very exciting fight with Wandy taking it.
mrkennedy
6/6/08 7:36:13PM
Thiago vs Wanderlai would be explosive fight
89vision
6/6/08 7:57:10PM
Neither really, these guys are some of my favorites in the division especially Wandy. I suppose Thiago / Wandy would be my 1st choice, I'm 50/50 on a Wandy / Machida match, would probably end up picking Wandy but IDK.

EDIT: Wandy should have to win 1 more so his fight should be Thiago if one of those 2 opponents must be picked, and I think Machida is next for the winner of Rampage / Forrest
postman
6/6/08 8:21:41PM

Posted by backalley101

Posted by postman

who ? The AXE would win this fight

I should have used a comma my bad!
jiujitsufreak74
6/6/08 8:39:38PM
Thiago because that fight would be electric. i think Machida would try and out point Wandy and frustrate him. although Machida's style is entertaining in its own right, i would like to see a complete throw down between Thiago and Wandy. although, i am curious to see how Machida deals with the vicious onslaught of Wandy, like if he would be able to do what he did to Soko or would he just be finally caught?

i just love watching Wandy fight, and either way i would be pumped.
bullettdodger
6/6/08 8:54:04PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Thiago because that fight would be electric. i think Machida would try and out point Wandy and frustrate him. although Machida's style is entertaining in its own right, i would like to see a complete throw down between Thiago and Wandy. although, i am curious to see how Machida deals with the vicious onslaught of Wandy, like if he would be able to do what he did to Soko or would he just be finally caught?

i just love watching Wandy fight, and either way i would be pumped.

dannyfrank
6/6/08 10:24:02PM
silva v. silva would be more entertaining

silva v. machida would probably be a better match up
Cdellorso
6/6/08 10:50:52PM
I posted a while back in what belts would change hands string and said that Machida or thiago would would have a belt fight by mid 2009-

Keep in mind my other post about when and who for Rashahd Evans and Thiago is the most logical-

I think it almost has to go-

Sho-gun Vs Chuck (Evans cant handle Lidell and this was the original fight)
Evans VS t. Silva (original Fight)
Wandy VS Machida only leaves these 2
then, maybe we get jardine VS Forrest II Revenge of the "I just got knocked the Funk out"

(no Im not on the ufc matchup board or whats his faces little bro) just speculatic logically
Cdellorso
6/6/08 10:52:56PM
you sound like a know it all jack ass

let me expound- The ufc is a business and injurys and "fluke" losses have caused the lHW div to be for lack of a better word... "Jacked the hell up"

good matchups dont always mean what fights woul;d be good - business wise the aforementioned matchups make sense ( imho)
NatedawgThaM
6/6/08 11:31:11PM
Are you sure WANDY said this? I just read on Fightline.com that somebody made a fake Wandy myspace account and made a bulletin that he'd be fighting one of these guys. Fightline said it was still up in the air.

Anyway, Thiago/Wandy would be a much better fight. A freakin explosive slugfest. Wandy wins on the feet because Thiago's aggressiveness usually makes him off balanced as you saw in the Mendez fight. And that off balance makes him look hurt when he actually isn't. He blocked that Mendez head kick but was off balance so he fell. But on the ground Thiago would have the upperhand IMO since Thiago actually works on the ground, it faster and has great transitions. But I doubt this fight ever happens since Wandy is Thiago's idol.

I would rather see him fight Machida next though. He has the best style to beat Machida since he never backs up and has a great chin. He would press him all night and I think that might be machida's weakness, non-stop pressure to frustrate him. If they would fight, I'd like the Thiago fight next year when he's more developed. I want him to fight people who are a little better each time. Not directly throw him into the fire against Wandy.
breakdown5
6/6/08 11:41:16PM
Thiago Silva would be the more exciting fight IMO. It would be war.
Gipper
6/7/08 12:49:27AM
hopefully it's machida. t.silva snd w.silva 2 of my favorite fighters. damn!!
wolfman
6/8/08 1:01:06PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Are you sure WANDY said this? I just read on Fightline.com that somebody made a fake Wandy myspace account and made a bulletin that he'd be fighting one of these guys. Fightline said it was still up in the air.

Anyway, Thiago/Wandy would be a much better fight. A freakin explosive slugfest. Wandy wins on the feet because Thiago's aggressiveness usually makes him off balanced as you saw in the Mendez fight. And that off balance makes him look hurt when he actually isn't. He blocked that Mendez head kick but was off balance so he fell. But on the ground Thiago would have the upperhand IMO since Thiago actually works on the ground, it faster and has great transitions. But I doubt this fight ever happens since Wandy is Thiago's idol.

I would rather see him fight Machida next though. He has the best style to beat Machida since he never backs up and has a great chin. He would press him all night and I think that might be machida's weakness, non-stop pressure to frustrate him. If they would fight, I'd like the Thiago fight next year when he's more developed. I want him to fight people who are a little better each time. Not directly throw him into the fire against Wandy.

Dude, don't lie....Mendez clearly had him hurt with that leg kick.
mkiv9secsupra
6/8/08 2:56:17PM
Machida. No doubt that a Thiago fight would be more exciting and IMO a little bit less of a challenge for Wandy but i want to see Machida unconscious on his back with Wandy standing over him bombaring him with shots.....

either fight would end with a vicious Wanderlei KO
CwB
6/8/08 7:05:48PM
if i had to choose between machida and thiago i think machida is more deserving of a big name fight then thiago. thiago hasnt fought a big name yet but machida has defeated nakamura, soko, and tito. plus i want to see how machida would do against an agressive striker with wandy's abilities..

But i feel that after forrest vs jackson there is no clear contender...
and the only one who deserves a shot right now is machida

i would like to see
machida vs forrest/jackson winner
wandy vs forrest jackson loser
thiago vs evans
chuck vs shogun although shogun is out till december so maybe
chuck vs jardine two

or maybe the biggest rumor of all anderson silva vs chuck liddell

WAR LIGHT HEAVIES...

nickcuc547
6/8/08 7:31:44PM
i want to see him fight machida because i want to see how machida handles a fearless animal who is going to be in his face the entire fight, plus machida's chin has yet to be tested.
pv3Hpv3p
6/8/08 11:25:32PM
Went with Machida... I think Wand would bring the fight to him and we could see if Machida was really championship material... Or if Wand was ready to make another 4-5 year unbeaten run