Wanderlei's comments on Chuck and UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wanderlei's comments on Chuck and UFC
mkiv9secsupra
3/28/07 3:24:02AM
I just watched the entire prefight stuff before the Silva/henderson 2 fight and it showed Wanderlei saying "Pride will conquer UFC" and calling out chuck saying "Chuck, im staying here"... to me it just sounds like he is talking out of his ass. Im hoping there is a Silva/Liddell fight really soon. And the whole intro to Silva showed him knocking out Jackson and then Jackson beating Liddell trying to make the UFC look like a bunch of pussies basically. There should be no reason there isnt a Liddell/Wanderlei match within the next year or so...Both fighters have critics saying that there career is in a decline. But im betting Liddell KOs him 3rd round, but the first and second round would be all Silva.... Anyways someone should shut him up... AND SOON!!!
Stickan
3/28/07 3:41:23AM
Stupid thing to criticize him for. Is Wandy the CEO of Pride? Is he the producer and gets to choose what footage is shown? I Can't believe people still don't understand HYPE.
He was/is a Pride fighter, what was he supposed to do? "Just so you know I'm on a sinking ship in Pride and before this year ends I've probably been picked up by another organization."?
kerazzle
3/28/07 3:41:41AM
uhh well I think Dan already did shut him up. But hell, that whole marketing angle is Jerry "Gary" Millens fault. It was one of the stupidest marketing angles ive ever seen. Wanderlei calling out Chuck after real deal was obviously scripted and told to do that. I don't blame Wanderlei for it, he's a pretty respectful guy outside the ring and a fierce competitor but at this point I see Chuck knocking him out with his powerful counter punches.
mkiv9secsupra
3/28/07 3:51:13AM

Posted by Stickan

Stupid thing to criticize him for. Is Wandy the CEO of Pride? Is he the producer and gets to choose what footage is shown? I Can't believe people still don't understand HYPE.
He was/is a Pride fighter, what was he supposed to do? "Just so you know I'm on a sinking ship in Pride and before this year ends I've probably been picked up by another organization."?

it wasnt hype at all...he was in the ring and i believe was never told to say that to chuck. the pride conquering pride....yeah that was probly all hype but him calling out chuck is him actually wanting to fight chuck but neither could change orgs because of there titles. ive wanted to see that fight for years. I dont blame him for calling out chuck but the pride counquering UFC? and just after CC LEFT UFC?! It seems like a last ditch effort on the part of Pride(basically it was).
mkiv9secsupra
3/28/07 3:52:34AM

Posted by kerazzle

uhh well I think Dan already did shut him up.

ha well i meant from the UFC...
I would support him 150% to move to UFC
FortySixBelow
3/28/07 6:50:52AM
Umm..i dont know how old those comments are but...if it wasnt hype...i would say he is still recovering from a certain man's LHK....

I agree though, bring him into UFC, fight some cans...and get him rested up quick so he can take on Liddell. However if it happened now.......i think that would be messy.