wanderlei vs. chuck on free TV

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » wanderlei vs. chuck on free TV
POLL: Chuck Vs. Wandy on Free TV TUF 7 finale?
HELL YES!!!!! 38% (28)
HELL NO!!!! 15% (11)
dont care...just want to see it happen 47% (35)
TheHitmanTL
7/6/07 4:04:39AM
okok not yet but this is what im trying to get at.... back at ufc 61 bitter rivals...mr dana white annouced that if chuck beat babalu he would get to fight wanderlei in november then i recall wanderlei saying something about wanting to **** chuck or somethin but thats besides the point....ok UFC 62 chuck liddell KOs babalu then comes around november and its not wanderlei vs. chuck its hughes vs. george st pierre 2 okok that was an awesome fight but IMO i wouldve rather see chuck and wanderlei and put hughes st pierre two as a co main event...does anyopne know how big that ishhh wouldve been!!!! so now dana looks like a liar he owes us big time when TUF 7 comes around put wanderlei and chuck as the coaches and have em fight on free TV on the finale plain and simple....i dont see these two fighting soon cus it doesnt look like mr white is doing much to make it happen.....
Northrend
7/6/07 4:09:11AM
Well...that would be wierd but awesome to watch. I honestly feel Wanderlei would get into a fist fight with Chuck prior to the fight though if they were in the same house for 6 weeks. TUF coaches..Ninja..Shogun..Rudimar Fedrigo...lol that would be crazy.
Aether
7/6/07 6:29:09AM
uhhh... wanderlei doesn't exactly you know.... speak english. I don't know how well that would work out truthfully. I think that season would have a lot of subtitling regardless of what language he spoke in.
Mastodon2
7/6/07 6:31:51AM

Posted by TheHitmanTL

okok not yet but this is what im trying to get at.... back at ufc 61 bitter rivals...mr dana white annouced that if chuck beat babalu he would get to fight wanderlei in november then i recall wanderlei saying something about wanting to **** chuck or somethin but thats besides the point....ok UFC 62 chuck liddell KOs babalu then comes around november and its not wanderlei vs. chuck its hughes vs. george st pierre 2 okok that was an awesome fight but IMO i wouldve rather see chuck and wanderlei and put hughes st pierre two as a co main event...does anyopne know how big that ishhh wouldve been!!!! so now dana looks like a liar he owes us big time when TUF 7 comes around put wanderlei and chuck as the coaches and have em fight on free TV on the finale plain and simple....i dont see these two fighting soon cus it doesnt look like mr white is doing much to make it happen.....

You can't call Dana a "liar" or say he "owes us big time"; he tried to negotiate for the fight to happen, but said that Pride FC wouldn't co-operate, so it didnt happen, and now Wanderlei has said he is taking a year off to train, so it's really out of Dana's hands right now.
tberg420
7/6/07 7:53:56AM
If they were to do this on the Ultimate Fighter it would probably be USA vs Brazil or something like that. I'm not sure how that would translate into TV but would be funny to see Wandy try to speak English. They could give him the Don Vito captions and stuff.
Believe-in-judo81
7/6/07 8:35:17AM
Firstly, Wanderlei,speaks passable English, unless you're hard of hearing or just not too bright, you can make out what he's saying easily. Secondly, With his coaching obligation to the newly formed MTL organization in his native Brazil I doubt we will see him in the UFC at anytime within the next 6-8 months. Also, you can't forget that he intends to take serious time off to train and refocus, and make up for lost time with his family, so in all honestly I wouldn't expect any concrete chance of this fight happening until at least winter of next year.

That said, if Wand can stay healthy and keep his head where it needs to be he takes this easily. Chuck's style and seeming Inability to handle pressure from well trained talented strikers make Silva a fairly bad match up for him. Especially if he comes in with a gameplan similar to his go around with rampage. Expect a very intense, violent, fight ending in a mid period vicious beating of a TKO from the Brazilian.
kerryweb
7/6/07 9:06:39AM
No way either of these guys could coach. No way.
thepunisher
7/6/07 9:16:34AM

Posted by kerryweb

No way either of these guys could coach. No way.

yeah becuase Chuck would never do a TUF show and coach

oh wait he did season one
cmill21
7/6/07 9:35:24AM
And the actual reason for this fight not happening...according to dana white is Wandy's loss to Mirko in the OWGP. If you don't believe me check it out on wikipedia lol. But everytime i've seen wandy talk he uses a translator.
tberg420
7/6/07 9:41:40AM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Firstly, Wanderlei,speaks passable English, unless you're hard of hearing or just not too bright, you can make out what he's saying easily.

We're not too bright? Who's the one that said that he wanted to "F" Chuck? Anderson Silva doesn't speak much English but is way easier to understand when he tries. I think that it's going to happen sooner than later that Wandy and Chuck will fight. Dana will probably do the USA vs Brazil crap just to spice up the ratings of the show.
Eazee_E
7/6/07 9:51:03AM
There is no way in hell Dana would put this on free TV (and rightfully so). Chuck has all of the mainstream appear, for the casual fans. Wandy has the hardcore MMA fanbase, and the fights been anticipated for years. Add those up and you have recording breaking PPV numbers. Shatters Chuck/Page and whatever Stacked does.
CTU81
7/6/07 11:50:46AM

Posted by Eazee_E

There is no way in hell Dana would put this on free TV (and rightfully so). Chuck has all of the mainstream appear, for the casual fans. Wandy has the hardcore MMA fanbase, and the fights been anticipated for years. Add those up and you have recording breaking PPV numbers. Shatters Chuck/Page and whatever Stacked does.

Couldn't agree more. Putting Chuck/Wandy on free tv would be the dumbest move Dana could make. He doesn't owe us shit. He tried to make the fight happen, negotiating between two organizations isnt always easy especially when it deals with both their champions. Oh well.

It'll happen sooner than later, probably within a year since Wandy wants to take time off, but there is no way it'll be free. MMA is getting huge and this would be their biggest PPV ever.
LR
7/6/07 1:10:26PM

Posted by tberg420

Firstly, Wanderlei,speaks passable English, unless you're hard of hearing or just not too bright, you can make out what he's saying easily.

We're not too bright? Who's the one that said that he wanted to "F" Chuck? Anderson Silva doesn't speak much English but is way easier to understand when he tries. I think that it's going to happen sooner than later that Wandy and Chuck will fight. Dana will probably do the USA vs Brazil crap just to spice up the ratings of the show.

Anderson Silva speaks NO English at all. He has a translator by his side at all times. The only English he can even remotely speak or comprehend is victory cries after he wins.

Secondly, why are these posts allowed to exist? Everyone knows this will never happen and this is fanatical dream post.

Third, if Wanderlei were a TUF coach, he'd probably fight all of his own teammates for training and beat them senseless.
Kastro
7/6/07 2:44:34PM

Posted by Aether

uhhh... wanderlei doesn't exactly you know.... speak english. I don't know how well that would work out truthfully. I think that season would have a lot of subtitling regardless of what language he spoke in.

LOL.... I was waiting for someone to say this..
pv3Hpv3p
7/6/07 3:06:39PM

Posted by tberg420

It seems in this statement your blatently alluding to the idea that Wand is "not too bright"... Does not speaking English well somehow make you less inteligent? Would you say that your Portugese is above par, or at least passable? Anderson has just as much trouble speaking English as any other foreign Brazilian fighter who has learned English just by being around it and hearing it... This is honestly a pretty ignorant statement
hippysmacker
7/6/07 3:52:58PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by TheHitmanTL

You can't call Dana a "liar" or say he "owes us big time"; he tried to negotiate for the fight to happen, but said that Pride FC wouldn't co-operate, so it didnt happen, and now Wanderlei has said he is taking a year off to train, so it's really out of Dana's hands right now.

Exactly but I really hope Wandy and Chuck return to form and finally have this fight. I'm fine with Wandy taking time off, if it means he will be the old Wandy again. He has had a lot of wars in his career, and I think we all need to give him the benefit of the doubt. He lost to 2 of the best fighter's in the world, and one was a heavyweight. The Hendo fight was under unfamiliar rules, and it may have been too soon after the Cro-cop loss. He has earned the right to regroup to me by providing us with great fights for years. Remember people thought Rampage was done after Wandy brutalized him twice. Maybe all he needed was a change of scenery, chance to regroup, a new trianer, or any combination thereof .Both of these guys want the fight to happen, and I think it will in 2008. I think Chuck may fight Gouvea first , just my opinion, based on Gouvea calling Chuck out in a friendly round a bout way after his last fight. If all goes well, Wandy /Chuck in early 08.
FinalOne
7/6/07 4:07:51PM
As great as this would be, it'll never happen.

Chuck vs. Wand will be put on as the biggest fight of all time. You know that the UFC won't let recent losses get in the way. They will advertise this to death, and I think they're more likely to charge a 5$ premium for this fight (like with the boxing match between De La Hoya and Mayweather) when it goes to PPV. There's no way in hell that this is gonna happen on free TV.

The only thing we can hope for is that they'll toss in a second main event on that card that will involve a belt, but that's unlikely seeing as how lately they think matches like Franklin vs. Okami are PPV worthy main events.
LR
7/6/07 4:36:51PM
We do need to give Wandy the benefit of the doubt. His fighting style demands much more time to recover than most fighter, specifically ground game fighters. Wanderlei is a tenacious striker, and he takes a lot of blows as well. I know it's been discussed in many circles about his recovery time being lengthy due to his fighting style.
masodd
7/6/07 10:34:33PM
that would be wicked
chickmagnet
7/11/07 12:14:37AM
if wanderlei charges foward with looping wild punches he will
lose, because liddell is great at catching you as ur comin foward
or at him, chuck did it to couture(twice), chuck did it to babalu, chuck
did it to vernon white, chuck did it to randleman, chuck is gonna do
the same thing to W. Silva!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dom119
7/12/07 12:19:23AM
First,if you said HELL NO and your not Dana White kick yourself in the nuts for me, Second, if this were to happen you'd see the very first PPV TUF finale.
Biggee
7/12/07 10:01:34AM
Ill say this, i do not want to see it on the TUF show, because watching the free events SUCK...im sorry but im willing to pay the 45 bucks to watch it without the commercials. I dont remember what ufc it was not to long ago that was free, not the tuf finale but the one before that w/crocop and gonzaga i think. That freaking suckeeddd, a fight is over, ur getting pumped up ready for the next one and BAM you see those freaking neandrathal guys on the geico commercial, pissed me off. I NEVER WANT TO SEE A FREE EVENT AGAIN! Chuck Vs. Wandy, PLEASE DONT MAKE IT FREE! Plus it will be the highest paid event yet.
brooklynbadass
7/12/07 12:41:44PM
according to 411mania.com and wanderlei's website- this fight is taking place on the sept. ppv card....
Dom119
7/13/07 1:10:50AM
According to UFCjunkie.com Wanderlei's camp turned down the fight. Even know its is posted on his website that it was going to happen it sept. Dana White gave the camp til wednesday afternoon to finalize the fight. And then stated that he doesn;t think it will happen in sept. or anytime soon..
TheHitmanTL
7/13/07 1:40:21AM
why would dana tell us this fight is gonna happen if chuck beat babalu he shouldv known that he could make that fight happen before he starts telling us false things