Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva: “This victory is ours”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva: “This victory is ours”
Next Page »
SmileR
5/28/08 7:02:51PM
My greatest joy was without a doubt to be able to bring happiness to those of you who never gave up on believing in me. My true friends, now we have been redeemed. I spent the day reading and re-reading the messages from you on the internet. You have no idea how happy I am. I am certain any fighter would love to have fans like you. I went through three hard months, training for this fight, and it wasn’t just once or twice that the messages from you uplifted me and stimulated me to keep on training intensely. This fight was decisive. I was under a lot of pressure. I had to win by all means. But at these tough times I could see you guys were with me. To have the affection of you guys on my side is an honor, it is priceless. I was very moved and felt like crying after the win. Thank God I cry from happiness. At that moment I thought of all of you excited by this so long-awaited moment!! Now you can also talk to me on MySpace (myspace.com/wanderleisilva). Here I’ll be able to get to know you better. I haven’t the words to thank you enough for the strength you have given me. Let’s beat our chests and celebrate with much joy, because this victory is ours!! Thank you so much.”

-UFC light heavyweight Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva sends a personal message to his fans via his blog after defeating Keith Jardine at UFC 84: Ill Will in just 36 seconds.

Link
wrona666
5/28/08 7:07:08PM
Wanderlei is an awesome fighter and an awesome person i hope this is a change in tides with his decisive vitory over Jardine.......I'm ready for Rampage Wandy III........
silverbullet
5/28/08 7:13:48PM
Wandy came out so fired up because Dana was about to cut him so Wandy had a lot to prove
backalley101
5/28/08 7:22:20PM
It's good to see a fighter as humble as the AXE . Showing his fans love like that is awesome .
bustin_mma
5/28/08 7:24:37PM
yeah this was just as big of a win for his fans as it was for him. so happy to see him win again, and in impressive fashion
backalley101
5/28/08 7:24:56PM
that AV is sssoooo funny
Jackelope
5/28/08 7:42:42PM
I'm telling you.. this guy is one of the classiest and most genuine fighters out there. Gotta love Wanderlei!
Mchubb316
5/28/08 7:51:02PM
Wand is a class act. Funny how someone so intimidating, and that vicious of fighter, can be so humble, and thankful for everything.
dannyfrank
5/28/08 8:12:57PM
nice to see a fighter that doesn't forget all of the people who support him
skatenate
5/28/08 8:13:34PM
definetly my favourite fighter. class act.
Aether
5/28/08 8:21:24PM

Posted by silverbullet

Wandy came out so fired up because Dana was about to cut him so Wandy had a lot to prove

No way in hell he was going to cut wanderlei win or lose.
backalley101
5/28/08 8:46:15PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by silverbullet

No way in hell he was going to cut wanderlei win or lose.

no way in hell
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/28/08 9:13:19PM
i wish we could see Wandy @ 185 but w/ all the sweet matchups @ 205 i cant blame them for keeping him there right now
bigbubbano23
5/28/08 9:16:48PM
i beat my chest to you wandy!
jae_1833
5/28/08 9:59:51PM
Gotta say I never doubted him in that fight...Jardine has a tendacy to get in brawls (Houston, Forrest) not that it's a bad thing just that it's Wand's sweet spot. However, I thought Jardine was surely going to try and draw out the fight by moving in and out and working leg kicks. Wand should definately stay at LHW...there are just so many good match ups for him there, can't wait for his next one!! WAR WAND!!!!!
mrsmiley
5/28/08 10:29:27PM
War Wanderlei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/28/08 10:39:50PM
after the fight when wandy was holding off the tears , so was I. I love this dude.
Pookie
5/28/08 10:44:15PM
I have a new friend on myspace.
mrsmiley
5/28/08 10:54:16PM
Pookie is that you?

I almost didn't recognize you with the new Avatar!
Pookie
5/28/08 11:59:38PM
Yeah, Im finally free of my hard gay shackles.

I didnt take the cowards way out either, i won the avatar bet this time. War Machida.
Bemin
5/29/08 12:06:59AM
Class act by an amazing fighter. War Axe Murderer!
jakeiceman
5/29/08 12:56:18AM
As much as I have hated this guy in the past, I gotta say I have really come around. Silva works hard and has respect for everyone he fights and his fans. After his fight with Liddell I was really impressed with him.....dare I say....I'm almost a fan

Ok who am I kiddin, by knocking out Jardine he made me a fan.
GrandMaster313
5/29/08 12:58:27AM
Very impressive with his last fight. I think he should fight 1 more time maybe against Sokoudjou or Rashad Evans before a Match with Lyoto Machida. I just dont think UFC will give us the match with Lyoto and Silva off the rip. Lyoto has been on such a streak and I think it is safe to say he is next in line after Rampage/ Griffen as of right now. I could also see Machida / Liddell for a title shot. It is just so hard to pick right now because there are about 3-4 fighters that are a "cats whisker" away from a title shot. Props though to Silva I hope to see more of this from him in the Octagon !
MMAcca
5/29/08 1:49:55AM

Posted by jakeiceman

As much as I have hated this guy in the past, I gotta say I have really come around. Silva works hard and has respect for everyone he fights and his fans. After his fight with Liddell I was really impressed with him.....dare I say....I'm almost a fan

That's exactly how i felt/feel.

But now the 'Axe Murderer' has converted me
jakeiceman
5/29/08 2:26:23AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by jakeiceman

That's exactly how i felt/feel.

But now the 'Axe Murderer' has converted me

I know i always felt dirty for rooting for the guy because there has always been such a rivalry between Liddell and Silva fans, but after he fought Liddell I was actually excited to see him fight Jardine and was rooting for him the whole way....oh well I guess old habits die hard...maybe I will give him a chance from now on.....until he rematches Liddell then I hope he gets dropped!! But he has definately earned my respect.
kerazzle
5/29/08 2:35:14AM
Wanderlei truly fights for the fans. Whenever he wins I feel like I'm sharing the victory with him because he's just so happy for the fans first and foremost. He really makes you feel like he's out there fighting for you.
pv3Hpv3p
5/29/08 10:12:39AM
How can someone not appreciate this guy? I know it's been said a couple times in this thread, but truly a class act... he seems like such a genuinley nice guy... I think half of what I like about him is that he is this nice soft spoken person and then when he gets into the cage/ring he can just flip the switch... He deserved this win and I hope he makes another great run, this time in the octagon....

War Wanderlei!!!
silverbullet
5/29/08 12:23:34PM

Posted by jakeiceman

I know i always felt dirty for rooting for the guy because there has always been such a rivalry between Liddell and Silva fans, but after he fought Liddell I was actually excited to see him fight Jardine and was rooting for him the whole way....oh well I guess old habits die hard...maybe I will give him a chance from now on.....until he rematches Liddell then I hope he gets dropped!! But he has definately earned my respect.

i almost forgot about the Wanderlei - Liddell beef
EON
5/29/08 7:47:06PM

Posted by Pookie

Yeah, Im finally free of my hard gay shackles.

I didnt take the cowards way out either, i won the avatar bet this time. War Machida.

i did an avatar bet on Machida too, ^^ Silverbullett is wearing the reward of picking tito
hippysmacker
5/30/08 9:16:13AM

Posted by silverbullet

Source, or just speculation? I doubt the UFC would cut Wandy for another loss after the war he just put on with Chuck. My guess was if he lost they would either build him back up with lower tier fighters, or more likely he would probably move to 185. That's just my opinon though, not any inside info. As for Wandy's victory , it was the nights highlight for me. We had a mass rugby scrum -type - jumping- hug in the middle of the living room when the ref stopped it.
Pages: [1] 2