Wanderlei down to 185!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wanderlei down to 185!!
hathcock32
1/30/09 8:41:00PM
-Franklin Mcniel on the ESPN MMA Live had breaking news. First that Wanderlei Silva has confirmed that he will move down to 185 looking for a fight in June or July.

- Also he mentioned if BJ Penn wins he will have his choice whether to fight Thiago Alves ( #1 contender WW). or Kenny Florian ( # 1 contender LW)
MFOTHER
1/30/09 8:57:02PM
yeh i heard that.....who does everyone think he will fight?

i wish the time would be right for cote, but its not......
i say serve him belcher and let him get a nice win.....or if they are really mean cb dollaway.....

kang would be fine too
bls1919
1/30/09 9:03:48PM
This has been rumored for a while now and I am glad to hear it is true. i would like to see him fight Belcher, but i bet his first fight is with a guy similar to his style. Maybe Leben? He has been off since his loss to Bisping.
Franklinfan47
1/30/09 9:18:30PM
I hope BJ picks to fight Florian personally....

As for the Wandy announcement, I think its great. Now would be a perfect time for him to reinvent himself and a fight with Cote, Leben, Irvin (who is also at 185 now), Bisping, would all be awesome.
chuckw94
1/30/09 9:23:51PM
they should re-sign vitor and have the big rematch.
Playground_Samurai
1/30/09 9:27:35PM

Posted by bls1919

This has been rumored for a while now and I am glad to hear it is true. i would like to see him fight Belcher, but i bet his first fight is with a guy similar to his style. Maybe Leben? He has been off since his loss to Bisping.

Man, Wanderlei vs Leben would be epic. I'm not sure how long Leben has left on his steroid suspension, though.
soundboy1
1/30/09 9:29:18PM

Posted by MFOTHER

yeh i heard that.....who does everyone think he will fight?

i wish the time would be right for cote, but its not......
i say serve him belcher and let him get a nice win.....or if they are really mean cb dollaway.....

kang would be fine too

Yeah Belcher does need a nice win........

And I want to see Penn Alves
EvenFlow
1/30/09 9:55:29PM

Posted by chuckw94

they should re-sign vitor and have the big rematch.

Damn right, and this is great news of Wand dropping down. BJ should destroy Florian first.
bls1919
1/30/09 10:31:04PM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by bls1919

Man, Wanderlei vs Leben would be epic. I'm not sure how long Leben has left on his steroid suspension, though.

Leben was suspended for nine monthes in October. he should be ready to go by July. I really hope a figth between Wandy and Leben arises
hathcock32
1/31/09 1:15:38AM

Posted by bls1919

Posted by gspfan

Posted by bls1919

Leben was suspended for nine monthes in October. he should be ready to go by July. I really hope a figth between Wandy and Leben arises

Wow thats a fight that i never thaught about until you mentioned it. That would be a great fight. Wow leben has a granite chin, it would get rocked repeatedly in my opinion. I think he could KO Wandy a lot easier than Wandy could KO him though. I think Wandy might win it with the clinch repeated knees.
Mayhem13
1/31/09 1:20:45AM
Wanderlei vs Gouevia would be a good fight
SpiderSilva
1/31/09 1:52:40AM
Wandi VS Kang now were talking