wand vs rampage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » wand vs rampage
eataface
7/6/08 6:02:59AM
makes sense doesn't it? for a #1 contender
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 6:09:25AM
Makes sense, but not for #1 Contender. Rampage needs more than one fight to get back into contention. If Wandy was the only one getting the shot out of the two, then all for it.. Even Rich Franklin had two fights before he fought Silva again.
ncordless
7/6/08 7:17:11AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Makes sense, but not for #1 Contender. Rampage needs more than one fight to get back into contention. If Wandy was the only one getting the shot out of the two, then all for it.. Even Rich Franklin had two fights before he fought Silva again.

I disagree there. There is a big difference between how Franklin lost and how Rampage lost. I'd rather see Rampage v. Machida for a title shot. If any fight ever deserved an immediate rematch it was Griffin v. Rampage... it was so close. Machida shouldn't be put out of the picture either. I say let Wandy or Chuck have the next shot at Forrest and then the winner of Rampage/Machida gets that winner.
Scott_Revels
7/6/08 7:47:51AM
The way I see it, Forrest defends against Machida. Then Wandy and Page fight, and Liddell and Rashad fight.. Winner of Forrest/Machida, faces winner of Liddell/Rashad, and then the winner of that fight faces Wandy/Page winner, with Wandy/Page winner fighting say, Thiago Silva somewhere in there..

This gives Forrest three challengers. Machida, then Liddell/Rashad winner, then Wandy/Page winner.. If it goes in that order, then I won't complain..

Even if the fight was really close, I think Rampage needs to do just like all the other former champs before they get another title fight..