Wand Interview

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wand Interview
Mchubb316
5/7/08 2:06:48AM
Wand sounds like he ready. I would love to see him get another crack at chuck. Hope you enjoy.

Wanderlei Interview
EON
5/7/08 3:14:01AM
I was worried about Wandy in the Chuck fight back at 79 since they were both on losing streaks but when Wandy gets back on the winning track I'd say he beat Chuck this time around, I thought that 1st fight couldve been a split decision for Chuck or a Draw so IDK what these judges are watching saying it was Unanimous, Wandy clearly got a knockdown in the 2nd round.

Wandy gonna beat Jardine for sure, for the sake of his career he has to and he knows it.
wolfman
5/7/08 3:29:30AM

Posted by EON

I was worried about Wandy in the Chuck fight back at 79 since they were both on losing streaks but when Wandy gets back on the winning track I'd say he beat Chuck this time around, I thought that 1st fight couldve been a split decision for Chuck or a Draw so IDK what these judges are watching saying it was Unanimous, Wandy clearly got a knockdown in the 2nd round.

Wandy gonna beat Jardine for sure, for the sake of his career he has to and he knows it.

What?! You and I must have watched a different fight. I agree with the decision, I scored it 29-28 for Chuck. I think the only round Wandy won was the 2nd round and it could be argued that Chuck stole that round at the end with the vicious elbows and dirty boxing when he had him up against the cage(As Chuck inflicted a good amount of damage). So, to say the fight was a split decision is a stretch, but to say it could have been a draw...Now that is just plain crazy!!! On a side note, I am a Chuck fan so there is some bias, but I also like Wandy. Anyways, I am sure that most who are not partial to either fighter would agree that Chuck won that fight by UD. I can't see how you could score two rounds for Wand.
Jackelope
5/7/08 5:10:14AM
Man, Wanderlei is a class act. In every sense of the word. He gets kind of a bad boy impression from most fans, but he's really, truly a nice guy. He has come a long way with the english language and for that we should all be proud of him. Because he wanted to learn english for all of us fans.

I'm really pulling for him to move up through the ranks and have another dominant couple of years. It would be absolutely fantastic to see him fight against QJ for the title.
89vision
5/7/08 5:24:03AM

Posted by wolfman

I can't see how you could score two rounds for Wand.

i believe he said split for chuck or draw, split would entail one for each and one very close round, and a draw would enlude all rounds even or one round for each and one round being even.....so what are you talking about?

PS i saw it as a split decision as well
Broknmunky
5/7/08 8:54:52AM
i believe he said split for chuck or draw, split would entail one for each and one very close round, and a draw would enlude all rounds even or one round for each and one round being even.....so what are you talking about?

I saw it as split for Chuck as well.
waylon_o
5/7/08 8:57:38AM
I have to give that fight a UD for Chuck...he domianted. It wasn't COMPLETELY one-sided, but it was Chuck's fight from the opening bell.
Chuteboxer
5/7/08 9:20:12AM
Regardless of what kind of decision it was, Chuck won the fight; I think we can all agree on that. I can only hope Wandy wins this fight and hopefully another one after this and maybe we'll get to see a rematch..
wolfman
5/7/08 12:40:51PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by wolfman

I can't see how you could score two rounds for Wand.

True, but a split decision can also entail that one of the judges saw the losing fighter as the "winner," meaning he at least won two of the three rounds. That is why I said that, however; you are also correct.
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/8/08 10:38:37PM
I am so excited to see Wandy back in the octagon. He sounds ready and he looks focused. I just want him to throw plenty of knees at Keith. I like Keith too but I want Wandy to KO him.
chubbud22
5/9/08 2:32:12AM
I hope Wand puts a beating on Jardine. I would like to see Wand Vs Rampage three more than Liddell vs Wand two.
telnights
5/9/08 3:02:59AM
To say the Wandy vs Chuck should have been a Split or Draw is crazy they need to go back and watch the fight. Chuck clearly won rounds 1 and 3. You could even make a good case for the 2nd. You could have even scored the 3rd round a 10-8 round for Chuck because it was so one sided.

I really think Wandy over trained for the Chuck fight. I hoping he doesn't do the same for this one. I really want to see the old Wandy when he fights Jardine.
mrsmiley
5/9/08 8:06:22AM
I hate to say it,but I think Jardine might just take Silva.I think UFC LHW's are just a lot bigger than Silva is used to.Though I want to see him win big against Jardine,I think Silva should try to dop down to Middleweight maybe.I know he says he would have to cut off a leg to make the cut in weight,but I think he could do it.That would put him in opposisition to Anderson,which they are friends,so I doubt they would ever fight,and Wandy would have to prove himself at Middleweight first to even get a title shot.

Wandy is a favirote of mine,but I just got a bad feeling about this fight with Jardine.
jgtribbett
5/11/08 3:01:01PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by EON

What?! You and I must have watched a different fight. I agree with the decision, I scored it 29-28 for Chuck. I think the only round Wandy won was the 2nd round and it could be argued that Chuck stole that round at the end with the vicious elbows and dirty boxing when he had him up against the cage(As Chuck inflicted a good amount of damage). So, to say the fight was a split decision is a stretch, but to say it could have been a draw...Now that is just plain crazy!!! On a side note, I am a Chuck fan so there is some bias, but I also like Wandy. Anyways, I am sure that most who are not partial to either fighter would agree that Chuck won that fight by UD. I can't see how you could score two rounds for Wand.

\

i scored it BS. i think they where told to make it last. cause i saw atleaste two times when they couldve ended it.. 1 each respectively.. and niether of them went in for the kill.. taht isntlike tham.