Wand calls out Forrest

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Wand calls out Forrest
« Previous Page
OchoCinco
9/26/07 12:57:53AM
I would like to see Forrest vs Wandy. Forrest just lost in a KO to Jardine, I don't think this fight totally makes up for that. I think a Forrest vs Wandy match to see who gets the title would be perfect. I also don't think it will happen, they need a title fight for Rampage sooner than that would make possible. I'm not sure who is the most deserving Jardine KOd Forrest then got KOd then beat Chuck. Forrest just choked out Shogun but got KOd by Jardine. I won't have any problem with whoever gets the title fight.
zephead
9/26/07 2:59:24AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TNunley

I don't think Wandy deserves Griffin. Griffin just had one hell of a performance and took apart who many thought was the best. To make Griffin fight Wandy is such a huge step backwards. Not that I doubt Wandy's ability... I just don't think Griffin should have to take a fight against anyone other than Jardine before he gets his shot at the title. Wandy also needs to have a fight or two in the UFC before he should get to fight a #1 or #2 belt contender.

So your saying a guy who dominated the sport for 7 years doesn't deserve to fight a guy who won a reality show? I'm tired of all these damn re-matches, I want to see some new people fighting. Wand not only beat, but he destroyed the current champ twice, he's fought in the UFC twice, made tito turn his back and run like a little girl, and he's lost two fights in a row sure, but thats against Cro Cop who was on a mission, and Hendo who's a great fighter, it's not like he lost to no body's.

The same guy that "won the reality" show choked out Shogun who many people had P4P top 3 greatest fighters in the world. I'd love to see this fight.

Yeah I saw the fight. I also saw that top 3 in the world gas that none other, did you? I also saw him get taken down that that guy who was gassed, and get cut up with elbows, and have shoguns back 3-4 times only to see him roll out of it time and again. Oh yeah that same guy who won that reality show got Ko'd by another guy who lost that reality show. Keep supporting all the UFC guys I don't care, i'll keep supporting the guys who made me love the sport, not the guys who are boring to watch(to me). I guess theres no point in voicing my opinion since a mod disagrees with me right?

You can voice your opinion all you want, that doesn't bother me. It's the constant "Pride fighters are better", "the ring is better" and excuses that are made up for the Pride guys when they lose that get old. The constant downgrading of anything UFC, that gets old.

Support who you want. Support them for whatever reason you want. But every thread that is posted on these boards and you are given a chance to interject "Pride is better," you jump in and do it.

I like a standup war, but I prefer to watch fights that are a little bit more then two guys standing in the center of the cage/ring throwing bombs. That's my opinion, doesn't make me right or wrong. Just like your opinion doesn't make you right or wrong.

Shogun lost because Forrest beat him. Yes I saw the fight. I picked Shogun. What I saw was Forrest use his size. I saw Forrest make Shogun work for everything. Yes he gassed. But I also saw Forrest hit him hard enough in the 1st round to put a alien birth canal on his forehead. When Shogun was on top, Forrest continued to work. Constantly moving, striking and wrist locking Shogun. Forrest is a huge 205. But all that had nothing to do with it. It was simply Shogun taking the fight lightly.
guero13
9/26/07 3:55:41AM
if that was the only match of the night i would pay 49.95 just for those three rounds( but the way those 2 fight ill be surprised if it lasted past the 2nd) too bad we will probly see jardine try his luck first. but when its all said and done we will see wand VS. jackson 3 in 08. this is off the topic but im kida confused maybe one of you know something i dont what happend with alexander houston he knocked jardine the hell out didnt he??? then why is jardine getting to fight the big names. with all these L/H's in the UFC if you miss one event it feels like your lost
TNunley
9/26/07 8:41:42AM

Posted by guero13

if that was the only match of the night i would pay 49.95 just for those three rounds( but the way those 2 fight ill be surprised if it lasted past the 2nd) too bad we will probly see jardine try his luck first. but when its all said and done we will see wand VS. jackson 3 in 08. this is off the topic but im kida confused maybe one of you know something i dont what happend with alexander houston he knocked jardine the hell out didnt he??? then why is jardine getting to fight the big names. with all these L/H's in the UFC if you miss one event it feels like your lost

IMO just because Alexander knocked out Jardine, doesn't give him immediate top 5 (or top 10) status. Anyone is capable of knocking out anyone. Alexander got major publicity over his KO victory (and well deserved), but I think that's where it needs to end for the moment. I think you gotta see it like any other sport... take for instance Appalachian State sticking it to Michigan. Michigan was somewhere in top 10 before the season, and even though Appalachian destroyed Michigan's image, Appalachian State didn't get to be a top 10 team. I know football and MMA are completely different, just using it as an example.

The one thing I think that may have made a difference is if he had dominated him the entire fight, and knocked him out in the 3rd round. That could have said a lot more for him IMO than a quick 1st round knockout. Then of course I don't think he still would be top 10, but would be closer.

This is all IMO obviously, and could be far from the way things are... just giving my two cents.

Also, I believe the only reason Houston Alexander got to fight Jardine was because they had no one to fight for him at the time
nubby
9/26/07 12:00:31PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TNunley

I don't think Wandy deserves Griffin. Griffin just had one hell of a performance and took apart who many thought was the best. To make Griffin fight Wandy is such a huge step backwards. Not that I doubt Wandy's ability... I just don't think Griffin should have to take a fight against anyone other than Jardine before he gets his shot at the title. Wandy also needs to have a fight or two in the UFC before he should get to fight a #1 or #2 belt contender.

So your saying a guy who dominated the sport for 7 years doesn't deserve to fight a guy who won a reality show? I'm tired of all these damn re-matches, I want to see some new people fighting. Wand not only beat, but he destroyed the current champ twice, he's fought in the UFC twice, made tito turn his back and run like a little girl, and he's lost two fights in a row sure, but thats against Cro Cop who was on a mission, and Hendo who's a great fighter, it's not like he lost to no body's.

The same guy that "won the reality" show choked out Shogun who many people had P4P top 3 greatest fighters in the world. I'd love to see this fight.

Yeah I saw the fight. I also saw that top 3 in the world gas that none other, did you? I also saw him get taken down that that guy who was gassed, and get cut up with elbows, and have shoguns back 3-4 times only to see him roll out of it time and again. Oh yeah that same guy who won that reality show got Ko'd by another guy who lost that reality show. Keep supporting all the UFC guys I don't care, i'll keep supporting the guys who made me love the sport, not the guys who are boring to watch(to me). I guess theres no point in voicing my opinion since a mod disagrees with me right?

Definition of Nuthuggery = Blind devotion

You may or may not be a nuthugger, but can you honestly say that you give UFC guys a fair shake? I'm sure in your eyes Forrest Griffin didn't even deserve to be in the same building as Shogun. But before Griffin was even on the that "fake" TUF reality show Griffin had already accumulated fights against Dan Severn, Jeff Monson, and Jeremy Horn. After TUF he put on a great showing against Tito Ortiz one of the most dominant UFC champions ever. To me, your arrogance is stereotypical of a lot of Pride fans. You assume because someone was on TV they must not have earned what they have! It would be the same thing if you honestly believed that Matt Serra would have no chance against someone like Takanori Gomi.

My personal belief is that there is nothing wrong with liking Pride fighters over UFC fighters, but you should at least acknowledge the skill and acheivements of UFC fighters and accept the fact that Pride fighters are not doing well in the UFC. It could very well be the exact opposite if UFC fighters went to Pride, but unfortunately that will not be happening any time in the near future.
Pages: 1 [2]