WAMMA To Unveil Crown & Scepter Before Affliction 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » WAMMA To Unveil Crown & Scepter Before Affliction 2
DCRage
1/9/09 10:40:10AM
This is probably going to wind up being more funny than anything, but I guess we should start practicing saying "King Fedor".

Adding to the hot excitement and anticipation of fans around the world to see who will hold the WAMMA heavyweight title, the World Appropriation of Mixed Martial Arts (WAMMA) is proud to announce that in addition to a title belt, the winner of January 24th’s Andrei Arlovski vs Fedor Emelianenko fight will also receive a jewel-studded crown and scepter.

The WAMMA crown is a majestic piece of craftsmanship, 8 inches tall and weighing 7.3 pounds. Laced with gold and coated with totally sweet emerald sapphires, it features the WAMMA logo prominently on the front. It truly is a crown fit for a king, and none will be able to deny the lordly status of whomever wears it upon their lofty brow. Last but not least, the WAMMA scepter is a two foot long staff designed by Affection clothing, the leading manufacturer of garish fight lifestyle wear. Emblazoned with gothic crosses, the rod is topped with a life size replica of a Native American skull.

“There are those in the mixed martial arts community who have had a hard time understanding the complex mandate and goal of our organization,” said Chief Operating Officer Michael Lunch. “But now that the WAMMA heavyweight winner will hold the scepter and crown of power, it should be clear to anyone with half a brain that whomever WAMMA declares the champion truly is the ultimate fighting champion.”

The crown and scepter will be revealed to the public during the weigh-ins for Affection’s “Day of Wreckining” event on January 23rd. Attendees will be able to peer through a glass cabinet at the fine craftsmanship of the WAMMA regalia, which will be resting on a scarlet pillow. In addition, fans will have the opportunity to be photographed with a cardboard cutout of WAMMA lightweight champion Shinya Aoki and an artist’s rendition of his belt.

Press that are interested in covering the event can show up early to join us for a complimentary “Steak n’ Eggs” breakfast with WAMMA spokesperson and former pro wrestling champion Bill Goldberg. RSVP to ensure we stock enough food as Jeff Sherwood is planning to attend as well. Please note that Goldberg will NOT be fielding questions in regard to his past feuds with TNA superstar Sting.

http://www.fightlinker.com/wamma-to-unveil-crown-and-sceptre-at-day-of-wreckining-weigh-ins.mma

Uh...yeah, whatever. Fire away, guys.
wiggum
1/9/09 10:46:51AM
wtf......this isnt the wwf dammit!
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 11:00:46AM
A scepter? Whatever credibility WAMMA believes they have, is quickly dissipating.
cmill21
1/9/09 11:01:15AM
Like King Mo wears? lol I don't think Fedor will like this if he wins....
postman
1/9/09 12:39:44PM

Posted by cmill21

Like King Mo wears? lol I don't think Fedor will like this if he wins....

I see who ever wins getting it put on their head the smiling and taking it off. But of course when asked about it they will be classy and say it is nice but not my style.

Even better say the fight goes 5 rds and both men are dog tired and some d bag is trying to put a 7 lb crown on the winners head. Thats not even right I don't like putting my coat on after practice.
telnights
1/9/09 2:00:38PM
Isn't a belt enough do we really need a crown. Wamma is already a joke now they are making a joke out of the sport.
breakdown5
1/9/09 2:34:40PM

Posted by DCRage

Press that are interested in covering the event can show up early to join us for a complimentary “Steak n’ Eggs” breakfast with WAMMA spokesperson and former pro wrestling champion Bill Goldberg. RSVP to ensure we stock enough food as Jeff Sherwood is planning to attend as well. Please note that Goldberg will NOT be fielding questions in regard to his past feuds with TNA superstar Sting.

Pretty sure this isn't real
DCRage
1/9/09 2:39:19PM
Goldberg, or Iceberg as I call him, is a legit part of WAMMA so I believe it. I'm sure such questions would be answered by a big BLLLLAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!
breakdown5
1/9/09 2:43:46PM
It's from Fightlinker. And they refer to Affliction as Affection and mention the dude from Sherdog eating all the food.

And if this was from WAMMA, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have gotten their own name wrong. The World Appropriation of MMA. It's the World Alliance of MMA.

And I agree with everyone that thinks that WAMMA is a joke with or without scepters and crowns.
Darnok
1/9/09 4:28:49PM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by DCRage

Pretty sure this isn't real

I agree. This is just a hoax.
DCRage
1/9/09 4:38:16PM
Then how come they're not calling it WHAMO (as in the old toy line WHAM-O) already?
Franklinfan47
1/9/09 5:43:16PM
i'll believe this when i see it.
mrsmiley
1/10/09 6:30:00AM
Does this mean the winner of AA and Fedor will get attacked from behind by none other than Jerry The King Lawler after the bout?
DCRage
1/10/09 7:23:37AM
I think getting speared and Jackhammered by Iceberg is a far more likely, and legit, scenario.
warglory
1/10/09 10:22:25AM
MMAcca
1/11/09 1:45:19AM
WAMMA = JOKE
ncordless
1/11/09 10:36:11PM

Posted by warglory

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2
Kpro
1/11/09 10:39:55PM
If there's no cape, i'm not interested.
MMAcca
1/12/09 2:30:46PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by warglory

higdon10
1/12/09 4:15:31PM
Wow. WAMMA is even more of a joke than I once thought.
mrsmiley
1/12/09 8:42:41PM

Posted by Kpro

I agree.

You gotta go all out or go home.

How about a Wamma "Sword" to go with the package. Diamond studded,full tang blade.Battle ready,and truley worthy of any MMA king.
ncordless
1/13/09 2:15:37AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Kpro

I agree.

You gotta go all out or go home.

How about a Wamma "Sword" to go with the package. Diamond studded,full tang blade.Battle ready,and truley worthy of any MMA king.

The Blade should read... "Is ferrum Quod is Titulus Vilis Nihilum"
Pookie
1/13/09 2:39:01AM
What a stupid CEO