WAMMA Exclusive Interview in regards to Aoki/Alvarez For WAMMA Belt

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » WAMMA Exclusive Interview in regards to Aoki/Alvarez For WAMMA Belt
kastro_316
12/29/08 2:02:01PM
DreamFighters.com

DreamFighters.com: So Mike, it is official? The Eddie Alvarez v. Shinya Aoki fight is for the first ever WAMMA Undisputed World Lightweight Championship?

Michael Lynch: Yes, it is confirmed. WAMMA will officially be recognizing the winner of the Alvarez vs. Aoki match-up, which will take place December 31 in Saitama, Japan at the Saitama Super Arena during FEG’s “FieLDS Dynamtie!!”, as the inaugural WAMMA Undisputed World Lightweight Champion. The winner of the Alvarez vs. Aoki match-up will join WAMMA Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko as WAMMA’s second-ever undisputed champion. Emelianenko is scheduled to defend his title against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski during Affliction’s “Day of Reckoning” event on January 24 in Anaheim, California.

JimiMak
12/29/08 3:44:03PM
Awesome. WAMMA hands out another meaningless belt. I was wondering when this would happen.
Mayo
12/29/08 5:11:06PM
I wish all WAMMA news would be banned from this site
nickcuc547
12/29/08 5:21:12PM

Posted by JimiMak

Awesome. WAMMA hands out another meaningless belt. I was wondering when this would happen.

I know it's absolutely a meaningless belt, but lets hope it leads to some big fights in 2009.