Walking again: Mexico dog gets new artificial legs

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Walking again: Mexico dog gets new artificial legs
infestructure
8/28/12 1:02:57AM
A dog in Mexico has been given a new lease of life after receiving prosthetic legs.

It is claimed that the dog, named Lemon Pie, had his paws cut off by members of a criminal gang.

He was found in a rubbish bin in the city of Fresnillo.

Here's the link to the -ARTICLE-

It's a happy story in the end. But if makes me sick to think of those fuckers doing that to defenseless, trusting dogs.

Hang 'em high

EDIT: Anyone else get way more upset when people hurt animals than when people hurt other people? Is it just me?
jakewalters
8/28/12 1:06:57AM
Normally when animals attack humans its out of self-defense or a need to eat something. When humans do the same to animals, I have no problem. Its the sadistic motherfuckers who torture and hurt animals for no reason that sicken me.

Take it from JakeWalters.. take your abuse out on a woman, not a poor defenseless animal.
pmoney
8/28/12 1:17:04AM
That's so detestable I can't even follow the link. Essentially 99.9% of all animal behavior is genetic memory and reaction based on environmental stimuli. Humans can hurt with malice aforethought.

Hang 'em high indeed.
infestructure
8/28/12 1:21:11AM

Posted by pmoney

That's so detestable I can't even follow the link. Essentially 99.9% of all animal behavior is genetic memory and reaction based on environmental stimuli. Humans can hurt with malice aforethought.

Hang 'em high indeed.

I didn't want to watch the vid but the dog seems fully rehabbed and loves his new legs, so it's a feel good thing in the end.
prozacnation1978
8/28/12 1:28:37AM
Cutting a dogs paws off is a pretty dirty thing to do
Even for a gang
DancingDoll
8/28/12 9:58:44AM
This is absolutely awful (how he lost his paws). Ugh, makes me sick.

I also get way more upset when I see/hear about animal abuse than human's being hurt or killed. Not sure why, but I've always been that way. Most animals are defenceless and especially in the case of dogs - they are loyal to a fault. It's like preying on the weak and innocent.

I'm glad he got new legs again. He's a really cute dog... and he's lucky - dog shelters in Mexico aren't always the most hospitable place.
backalley101
8/28/12 6:38:12PM

Posted by jakewalters

Normally when animals attack humans its out of self-defense or a need to eat something. When humans do the same to animals, I have no problem. Its the sadistic motherfuckers who torture and hurt animals for no reason that sicken me.

Take it from JakeWalters.. take your abuse out on a woman, not a poor defenseless animal.

Being abusive to women that's not cool either
jakewalters
8/28/12 8:09:33PM

Posted by backalley101

Posted by jakewalters

Being abusive to women that's not cool either

ummmmmmmmmmmm it's actually really cool
backalley101
8/28/12 9:40:29PM
I looked at your profile. I knew you was a young punk. How old are you? Not old enough to know any better, right? I know you just talking out your ass, cuz it sure don't look like you could beat up a woman. You know what, I'm just gonna leave it at that. If you got something else to say, oh well, cuz I don't give a fuck. And just to let you know, son, I have been on here for five years. Nobody has pissed me off as much as you have.
Aether
8/28/12 9:43:30PM

Posted by backalley101

I looked at your profile. I knew you was a young punk. How old are you? Not old enough to know any better, right? I know you just talking out your ass, cuz it sure don't look like you could beat up a woman. You know what, I'm just gonna leave it at that. If you got something else to say, oh well, cuz I don't give a fuck. And just to let you know, son, I have been on here for five years. Nobody has pissed me off as much as you have.

Let me try to help you to not get banned.

He's joking. Like... really obviously.
backalley101
8/28/12 9:46:52PM
Maybe I got a little upset, but on the real, that shit is not fucking funny to me. That's not a subject you joke about.
Aether
8/28/12 9:51:13PM
We all have our buttons.
thevoodooninja
8/28/12 10:13:27PM
aaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddddddd.....back to the subject at hand...

if i was in a clique down there i'd be gunnin for em
jakewalters
8/28/12 10:32:04PM
True. I'll stay away from that subject because it rubs one person the wrong way.

warglory
8/28/12 10:53:37PM
As awful as maiming an animal is, I kind of had to chuckle to myself in disbelief, wondering about all the ways that cutting a dog's paws off would actually be a legitimate gang tactic for anything. Was it a rival cartel's prized pooch? Did the dog eat the stash? Did it pee on an AK-47?
BelXavier420
8/29/12 8:17:40AM

Posted by warglory

As awful as maiming an animal is, I kind of had to chuckle to myself in disbelief, wondering about all the ways that cutting a dog's paws off would actually be a legitimate gang tactic for anything. Was it a rival cartel's prized pooch? Did the dog eat the stash? Did it pee on an AK-47?

They said it was practice to cutting off peoples fingers and hands. It is nice they got him some new legs but I have to say they look too long. Im sure he will adjust to them, but to me it looked like he had enough leg let to adjust to that as well. I have seen dogs do some pretty amazing stuff and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had managed to find a way to walk without the prosthetic legs.
State_Champ
8/29/12 9:23:40AM

Posted by pmoney

... Essentially 99.9% of all animal behavior is genetic memory and reaction based on environmental stimuli....

Couldn't you say the same of humans?
Aren't people a combination of genetics and environment?

Also, I think hurting animals for less-than-survival purposes seems wrong.
If you gotta eat, you gotta eat.
But torturing animals seems mean to me.