The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)
« Previous Page
ChrisSabal
3/16/12 4:41:59PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by prozacnation1978

Season finale they will leave the farm. Season 3 they go to the prison. Finale suppose to show michonne and a few more characters will die. The comic tradebacks are different than the series. But season 3 will be exciting. Can't wait for season 2 on blu ray

For those that don't know Michonne she is an absolute bad ass in the comics but so was T-Dawg and he isn't in the show

The creaters confirmed she will have a cameo in the finale this Sunday. If u haven't read vol 3. It's a great book when they all live in a prison

I've read all the comics so far
ChrisSabal
3/18/12 9:14:56PM
Finale so far is going like I thought. Killing off a minor character(Herschel's son). Hopefully the action keeps up and they end this season right.
ChrisSabal
3/18/12 9:24:34PM
Another minor character killed off. I have noticed that the casts' acting gets pretty bad in serious moments but I'll just ignore it because I am digging the action of the finale.
ChrisSabal
3/18/12 9:52:52PM
As most figured too everyone is infected by this disease. I don't really like how they played out Lori's reaction either to Rick telling her he killed Shane.
ChrisSabal
3/18/12 10:01:48PM
Michonne makes an appearance on the Walking Dead and I was absolutely pumped about that! I would say that was the high point for me in the finale. Overall I'd give the finale about a 7-8. Started off with some action which everyone loves and ended kind of flat. I do like Rick's talk though and I like how he is becoming stronger. Love how they hinted at them going to the prison too. I do have to say though that my sundays will get a lot more boring.
prozacnation1978
3/18/12 10:31:13PM
Told you guys about michonne cameo and prison
Franklinfan47
3/18/12 10:34:00PM
Wow, so much to digest.

-Michonne's entrance was crazy for sure, but how does she have pet walkers who dont try to bite her?! Cover herself in zombie guts? So many questions.

-They set up next season nice, with the prison and everything.

-I wasnt that surprised when Rick said they were all infected. How else were they turning to zombs without being bit.

-The farm being overrun was crazy, though I thought Hershel and his little suicidal daughter were going to die too. Still, a great sequence.

-I love the new badass Rick. "This is no longer a democracy". Most of the group are a bunch of whiney bitches, long overdue imo.

-I have to wait till fall to see more? WTF!!!
Franklinfan47
3/18/12 10:36:49PM
Also, Murl confirmed for third season! Just caught Talking Dead.
ChrisSabal
3/18/12 10:48:37PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Also, Murl confirmed for third season! Just caught Talking Dead.

Yeah but he was also in season 2 so we shall see.
Adrenaline
3/19/12 5:18:49AM
Great episode. So much to go over but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Seriously bummed that we have to wait till Fall for new episodes.

I'm glad Lori gave me a reason to hate her again, I was almost starting to become indifferent towards her. I'm happy that Shane is gone, and I'm happier that Rick is the one the offed him.

emfleek
3/19/12 11:50:10AM
- For a season finale, I was a bit bummed. Was hoping for a few kill-offs of main characters. Thought for sure Andrea was done. I'd give the episode a 7/10. To me, it made no sense for everyone to waste as much ammo as they did. With the # of walkers, there was no way they were going to take them all down. Get in the cars and drive away. Period.

- Is Glenn starting to take on a tough guy role, rather than the soft spoken token Asian kid?

- For the first time in the history of the show, I actually like Darryl in this episode.

- Carol...ugh. Die.

- T. Dogg...same. If I were Lori, I would have beat him to a pulp when he said he wasn't turning around to go find her family.

- Rick...I'm liking his character transformation. I'm wondering who the first will be to challenge his leadership.

- Granted, I don't have much to go on, but I'm not sure what to think of this 'Michonne' character (haven't read the comics - spoil it for me and I'll punch you). My initial reaction was "whoa, wtf?" and that turned to "...that was actually kinda dumb." It'll be interesting to see where they're going with this.

- I hate having to wait but I'm expecting the wait for Season 3 to be worth it. I need to use the Summer to clear out my DVR and to finally get caught up on Sons of Anarchy.
ChrisSabal
3/19/12 2:09:06PM

Posted by emfleek

- For a season finale, I was a bit bummed. Was hoping for a few kill-offs of main characters. Thought for sure Andrea was done. I'd give the episode a 7/10. To me, it made no sense for everyone to waste as much ammo as they did. With the # of walkers, there was no way they were going to take them all down. Get in the cars and drive away. Period.

- Is Glenn starting to take on a tough guy role, rather than the soft spoken token Asian kid?

- For the first time in the history of the show, I actually like Darryl in this episode.

- Carol...ugh. Die.

- T. Dogg...same. If I were Lori, I would have beat him to a pulp when he said he wasn't turning around to go find her family.

- Rick...I'm liking his character transformation. I'm wondering who the first will be to challenge his leadership.

- Granted, I don't have much to go on, but I'm not sure what to think of this 'Michonne' character (haven't read the comics - spoil it for me and I'll punch you). My initial reaction was "whoa, wtf?" and that turned to "...that was actually kinda dumb." It'll be interesting to see where they're going with this.

- I hate having to wait but I'm expecting the wait for Season 3 to be worth it. I need to use the Summer to clear out my DVR and to finally get caught up on Sons of Anarchy.

Think about it Glenn is just sick of everything that is happening. After a while you can't be so soft spoken and you might say some things.

Michonne is an absolute bad ass and you should find a lot about her or at least I hope you do since the comics and the show are pretty different.
Ordep
3/19/12 2:54:17PM
My real concern is how many episode of Carl and Lori drama towards the "new" Rick before they get into the prison and the show gets some action.
cowcatcher
3/19/12 5:18:09PM
I thought the finale was pretty damn good. But...

I hated Lori's reaction to finding out Rick killed Shane, she's a dopey bitch and needs to get eaten ASAP. I just can't stand her.

I really thought we would be rid of Carol and Andrea, damn them for surviving. The bright spot in Andrea living was seeing Michonne. I knew nothing about the character at all except that I read the name in here before I watched the finale. She certainly should spice things up next season, I can't wait for that.

Hot Carl still sucks.
prozacnation1978
3/19/12 7:12:49PM
You guys really need to.buy the tradebooks
So.far there are 15 volumes. Pretty good toilet reading
Svartorm
3/20/12 11:37:59AM

Posted by emfleek

Exactly.

Not excited about this character at all. This show is just fine without getting into comicbook gimmick characters.
emfleek
3/20/12 11:58:38AM

Posted by Svartorm

This show is just fine without getting into comicbook gimmick characters.

My thoughts exactly. Not a big comic book or superhero type guy.
ChrisSabal
3/20/12 2:08:19PM
I have tried to read comics(Batman, Spider-Man, etc.) but I have only been able to read The Walking Dead because it is semi realistic and I love zombies. I would say at least give it a try. It won't really spoil the show since the show and the comics aren't the same thing. I honestly think the comics are better too. Which is why I am concerned Kirkman is so involved in the show because I worry it will ruin the comics.
pmoney
3/20/12 6:56:13PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I thought the finale was pretty damn good. But...

I hated Lori's reaction to finding out Rick killed Shane, she's a dopey bitch and needs to get eaten ASAP. I just can't stand her.

I agree with both of these statements. I have enjoyed every minute of the show. I am not much for philosophy, as that is as relative as anything else. But I find this show to be very deep. I look at "The Walking Dead" more as a study on the human condition set in the zombie apocalypse than just a zombie gore-fest.

Lori is the worst kind of whore, and I hope either A) she gets eaten alive by zombies and/or zombie farm animals, or B) Carl or Rick kill her. That would just be sweet. She basically told Rick she was scared of Shane, then when he kills Shane in rightful self-defense, she freaks. She is just a crazy whore, who like most women, doesn't know what she wants. The day she gets put down, I will love the show that much more.

From the previews, I thought Carol was dead for sure. Carol is to the group as lemons are to cars. See, some women, like some cars, can get irreparably damaged. Some come with factory defects. Others have just had one too many accidents and need to be totalled out. Think of that dog you rescued from the shelter. No matter how much love you give that dog, or for how many years, if that dog sees a pillowcase it pisses the carpet and hides under the bed. Carol is that dog. She needs to go.
Ordep
3/26/12 5:45:39PM
Kpro
3/26/12 9:27:06PM
I knew T-Dogg was the father.
prozacnation1978
3/29/12 10:46:57AM
I just read the walking dead graphic novels. But they are pretty good. I know the governor will be in season 3. Prison and michonne. It will be interesting how far season 3 will go into the novels. If it will be the prison mainly or after. The prison is the main setting for a few of the novels. I can't wait to own season 2 blu ray
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]