The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
DoTheMMAth
3/5/12 6:44:29PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

pretty surprised Dale was killed off.

Agreed! I like that they're not afraid to kill off a regular character to mix things up a bit. If someone had to go, might as well be Dale lol

I just hope we don't have to sit through some sort of "Carl gets all emo" episode now.
ChrisSabal
3/5/12 10:35:24PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by ChrisSabal

pretty surprised Dale was killed off.

Agreed! I like that they're not afraid to kill off a regular character to mix things up a bit. If someone had to go, might as well be Dale lol

I just hope we don't have to sit through some sort of "Carl gets all emo" episode now.

Considering there is only 2 episodes left I highly doubt that'll happen
emfleek
3/8/12 3:42:09PM
Dale has been getting on my f'ing nerves ever since he and Shane started butting heads.

I was rooting for Carl to get eaten, too. Stupid little brat.
Ordep
3/8/12 7:00:52PM

This won't get interesting until they kill Lori or whatever that bitch name is.
ChrisSabal
3/12/12 1:14:48AM
Well I thought it was cool how they killed off Shame. Also liked how they brought up you don't have to be bit to become a zombie and now they might be introducing hordes.
pmoney
3/12/12 4:21:45AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Well I thought it was cool how they killed off Shame. Also liked how they brought up you don't have to be bit to become a zombie and now they might be introducing hordes.

Agreed! I've been waiting for Shane to get offed for a while now. This second season has been outstanding, imo. The "not having to get bit" thing seems very interesting.

It seems that if you get bit or scratched, people become all zombified. But also if you die in any way, you turn into a zombie....

I love how two seasons in, we still don't know what caused this. We still don't really have any frame of reference time wise. When did the outbreak happen, and how long has passed since? We don't even know how long they have been on the farm!

This show is so epic. I can't wait for the season finale!
ChrisSabal
3/12/12 12:04:08PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by ChrisSabal

Agreed! I've been waiting for Shane to get offed for a while now. This second season has been outstanding, imo. The "not having to get bit" thing seems very interesting.

It seems that if you get bit or scratched, people become all zombified. But also if you die in any way, you turn into a zombie....

I love how two seasons in, we still don't know what caused this. We still don't really have any frame of reference time wise. When did the outbreak happen, and how long has passed since? We don't even know how long they have been on the farm!

This show is so epic. I can't wait for the season finale!

My guess on the zombie disease is that its airborne and you have to die, get bit or scratched for the virus or whatever to kick in. Also I read the comics and they have no idea how it started in the comics either. But with that being said the comics really aren't like the show.
Franklinfan47
3/12/12 1:08:34PM
This season was slow at points, but is really picking up now. It was pretty epic how Rick shanked Shane to death, didnt see that coming! We were all discussing zombie shane and randall, I think your right the disease is airborne so even if you die but not from a zombie, it still gets in your system.

I think alot more deaths coming next week from this horde.
Ordep
3/12/12 9:02:56PM
if it is a matter of getting a wound exposed then it is a new version of the virus (evolved?) or they just pulled that out of a bucket and contradicted themselves.

T-dogg had a nasty wound for a while, I haven't seen him become a zombie yet.
Boo_Radley21
3/12/12 9:44:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Dale has been getting on my f'ing nerves ever since he and Shane started butting heads.

I was rooting for Carl to get eaten, too. Stupid little brat.

For the guy who created this thread I havent seen one positive comment about the show from you lol

Fuckin pumped Shane is dead though that scene was awesome didnt see the stab coming at all and I've been wanting Shane gone since the beginng of season 2. I'm also pretty much with the consesus that Lori and Andrea are sheer brutality but otherwise great season
Franklinfan47
3/12/12 10:29:53PM

Posted by Ordep

if it is a matter of getting a wound exposed then it is a new version of the virus (evolved?) or they just pulled that out of a bucket and contradicted themselves.

I dont think thats it, because Randall didnt have an exposed wound, but still turned zombie. He had his neck broken.

I think its just something in the air that the human immune system can fight off while living, but once dead takes a hold of you, regardless of how you die.
prozacnation1978
3/12/12 11:58:30PM
Season finale they will leave the farm. Season 3 they go to the prison. Finale suppose to show michonne and a few more characters will die. The comic tradebacks are different than the series. But season 3 will be exciting. Can't wait for season 2 on blu ray
Boo_Radley21
3/13/12 3:21:22AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by Ordep

I dont think thats it, because Randall didnt have an exposed wound, but still turned zombie. He had his neck broken.

I think its just something in the air that the human immune system can fight off while living, but once dead takes a hold of you, regardless of how you die.

Gotta think that's the only explanation too. Tried to prop ya
cowcatcher
3/13/12 1:21:20PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Randall did have open wounds - his wrists were cut to shit from trying to get out of the cuffs. Shane had the wound on his broken nose too. Something to think about.
warglory
3/13/12 5:52:03PM
Maybe they had sex with a zombie and this was the resulting STD?
emfleek
3/14/12 9:01:11AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

For the guy who created this thread I havent seen one positive comment about the show from you lol

You haven't read the entire thread then.

Love the show...can't stand most of the characters.
emfleek
3/14/12 11:58:25AM
By the way...this past episode blew my mind. I agree about the virus being airborne. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Shane getting killed off surprised me. Who is going to step up and be the villain now? Darryl? Rick? A new character?

Guesses for the next characters to be killed:

(in order of most to least likely)

1. T-Dawg
2. Carol
3. Hershel
4. Andrea
5. Maggie
cowcatcher
3/14/12 12:13:32PM

Posted by emfleek

By the way...this past episode blew my mind. I agree about the virus being airborne. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Shane getting killed off surprised me. Who is going to step up and be the villain now? Darryl? Rick? A new character?

1. T-Dawg
2. Carol
3. Hershel
4. Andrea
5. Maggie

I dunno about T-Dog dying Fleek, he had like 2 lines last week so he's become a major player on the show now.

I'm guessing the huge horde of zombies that's coming should fill the villain role nicely.
emfleek
3/14/12 12:35:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I dunno about T-Dog dying Fleek, he had like 2 lines last week so he's become a major player on the show now.

I'm guessing the huge horde of zombies that's coming should fill the villain role nicely.

I told my girlfriend, as we were watching this episode, that I thought T-Dog was gonna die just because he had a speaking part.

I think the horde of zombies will result in the group leaving the farm.

I forgot about Maggie's worthless (suicidal) sister. Push her down in the path of the walkers and run the other way as far as I'm concerned. I'd probably place her above T-Dog in terms of being one of the first to go.
Franklinfan47
3/14/12 1:57:31PM

Posted by emfleek

1. T-Dawg
2. Carol
3. Hershel
4. Andrea
5. Maggie

Ive been waiting for T-Dawg to die since the first season. He just has no real purpose or storyline. Also, I dont think Hershel, his daughters (excluding maggie) or that farmboy will make it out alive. But I agree, their time at the farm is over. This season will likely end like the first one, with no place to go, just wandering.

As for villians, my theory is Murl (Daryl's brother) is coming back. I think he likely hooked up with these 30 drifters lurking nearby, and will come back with a fury now that he's handless and drugless. Just a theory though.
Svartorm
3/14/12 2:28:00PM
Couple of things: Randall coming back as a zombie isn't that weird, as the virus has always seemed to work that way. If you remember, they run into a zombie in a noose because the guy killed himself, and they comment that he should have at least shot himself in the head. If you're alive and get bit or scratched, you get the virus, which kills and then reanimates you, but corpses have always come back. Also keep in mind Rick shot the fat guy in the bar in the head after putting one through his chest.

One problem I have with this show are that whoever did the fighting/weapons for this show doesn't know too much. Modern crossbows can't fire wooden arrows for instance because the rapid acceleration can bust the arrow before it even leaves the string. Same reason you can't fire a wooden arrow from a compound bow safely. Also, why the hell are people running around with pitchforks and shovels? If all you did was sit around and worry about zombies, wouldn't you start working on zombie killer weapons like spears, picks, etc? Just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Besides that, the only thing I don't like about the show is the in-show ads for Hyundai and Gerber every episode. I hate ad placements in general, but they just make it way too obvious sometimes.
Chael_Sonnen
3/14/12 3:33:42PM

Posted by emfleek

1. T-Dawg
2. Carol
3. Hershel
4. Andrea
5. Maggie

Shane wasn't the villian, he was the HERO

Thank God, Mad Men is starting back up in two weeks
emfleek
3/14/12 3:38:26PM

Posted by Svartorm

Couple of things: Randall coming back as a zombie isn't that weird, as the virus has always seemed to work that way. If you remember, they run into a zombie in a noose because the guy killed himself, and they comment that he should have at least shot himself in the head. If you're alive and get bit or scratched, you get the virus, which kills and then reanimates you, but corpses have always come back. Also keep in mind Rick shot the fat guy in the bar in the head after putting one through his chest.

Good point(s).

DoTheMMAth
3/14/12 5:57:40PM

Posted by Ordep

This won't get interesting until they kill Lori or whatever that bitch name is.

I'm in the same boat as Fleek - I like the show, but don't like most of the characters. I like the redneck guy ok (why cant I think of his name?), and I liked Shane just because his character flew off the handle enough to make some action. Sucks that the trouble maker is gone.

At least they kill people off enough so that the people you dislike die Wonder if we're gonna see Myrell (sp?) show up again soon?

I'm on the following hatewagons atm: lori, carl, maggie, herschel, x-files blonde chic
Svartorm
3/14/12 11:57:12PM
I'm guessing Meryl is in the "bad guys" camp the farm is scared of. Theres no way they don't bring him back.
DoTheMMAth
3/15/12 8:05:12AM

Posted by Svartorm

I'm guessing Meryl is in the "bad guys" camp the farm is scared of. Theres no way they don't bring him back.

Ooh I like that guess. Would be a good but logical plot twist
emfleek
3/15/12 8:32:44AM

Posted by Svartorm

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him on the season finale.
ChrisSabal
3/15/12 7:48:50PM
The person that'll show up next season is called the governor. They already signed the guy to play him on the show. But I would love to see Meryl come back. I think they may kill off tons of people in the last episode. I could see T-Dawg and Sophia's mom and some not noted farm characters being killed off in this last episode.
ChrisSabal
3/15/12 7:52:26PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Season finale they will leave the farm. Season 3 they go to the prison. Finale suppose to show michonne and a few more characters will die. The comic tradebacks are different than the series. But season 3 will be exciting. Can't wait for season 2 on blu ray

For those that don't know Michonne she is an absolute bad ass in the comics but so was T-Dawg and he isn't in the show
prozacnation1978
3/16/12 12:56:23PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by prozacnation1978

For those that don't know Michonne she is an absolute bad ass in the comics but so was T-Dawg and he isn't in the show

The creaters confirmed she will have a cameo in the finale this Sunday. If u haven't read vol 3. It's a great book when they all live in a prison
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6