The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
emfleek
11/28/11 11:52:38AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Hey Fleek, I can't remember the episode number and would have to look it up but shortly after Rick is reunited with the group, there is a scene where Lori and Rick are in bed together and it looks like they are about to get busy. Its a very quick scene but I think that is what they are running with.

Anyway, great show. I'm addicted.

I remember that now. Thanks for the reminder!

And I agree with Chris...grrrrrrreat mid-season finale. The scenerio that played out never once crossed my mind and, looking back, I'm surprised I didn't think of it playing out like that. Makes sense!

That was absolutely the best episode of the season. It just sucks that we have to wait until February now!

Adrenaline
11/28/11 8:22:17PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Adrenaline

Hey Fleek, I can't remember the episode number and would have to look it up but shortly after Rick is reunited with the group, there is a scene where Lori and Rick are in bed together and it looks like they are about to get busy. Its a very quick scene but I think that is what they are running with.

Anyway, great show. I'm addicted.

I remember that now. Thanks for the reminder!

And I agree with Chris...grrrrrrreat mid-season finale. The scenerio that played out never once crossed my mind and, looking back, I'm surprised I didn't think of it playing out like that. Makes sense!

That was absolutely the best episode of the season. It just sucks that we have to wait until February now!

I didn't see it coming either, I wish I could lie but that twist caught me off guard. Much like the rest of you I was wondering why they were spending so many episodes looking for Sophia and then bam....it gets answered, I hope they explain how she ended up where she did, although its not hard to guess. Shane losing his shit was pretty cool too, pretty intense episode.

February
40ouncetpkid
11/28/11 10:48:57PM
Shane probably replaced darryl as the dopest bad tough sob on the show! That ending was so epic definitely the best ending on the whole show so far. Cant believe they wasted eight eoisodes for that to happen but shit it was worth it!

Tdogg is fine, when hes on hes not annoying. I hope if he dies he goes out like a boss. Andréa is more tolerable on shanes side. Was gonna call for instant violent gonnerhea death on the old man is if destroyed those guns glad he didnt! Cant wait to hear the old man. Wondering if he knew and fed her to his family or if otis put him there without his knowledge. I cant wait for them to finally leave the barn and run into better characters hopefully maybe that black guy with his son or merryl!
cowcatcher
11/29/11 9:27:52AM
Just saw the newest episode last night and it was pretty damn good. I called the girl being in the barn about 2 minutes into the episode, it was pretty obvious she wasn't alive and I was pretty sure we'd get closure on her. I'm glad Rick took the last shot or I'm not sure what would have happened to the group, and frankly I'm not really sure how things are going to go now that they completely shit on Herschel's rules. They could of course keep the farm by force if they wanted to, but who knows if they will. I had no idea we had to wait until February, that's going to be painful.
Ordep
11/29/11 10:41:33AM
It was alright, but I'm still hating. It's been a lot of drama while in the farm. I miss the action from the city and the streets. Hope they leave within 10 minutes of the next episode.
emfleek
11/29/11 10:45:16AM

Posted by Ordep

It was alright, but I'm still hating. It's been a lot of drama while in the farm. I miss the action from the city and the streets. Hope they leave within 10 minutes of the next episode.

The way I see it is that you can only do so much on the streets and in the city with the same cast of characters week in and week out.

"Look, I'm shooting a zombie!"

"No, look at me! I'm brutally dismembering a zombie with an axe!"

"What about me!? I just shot one in the face with an arrow!"

Rinse and Repeat.

I like the introduction of the new characters and storylines.

No show is going to survive without numerous sub-plots.
Svartorm
11/29/11 1:49:13PM
I figured Sophia would be in the barn when they said Otis rounded up folks from the swamp.

What I thought was going to happen was that Shane was going to murder Hershal and become a post-apocalyptic warlord over the women of the house hoping Lori would choose the safety of the farm and Shane over uncertainty of the road with Rick.

Now I imagine Hershal kicks them all out but lets Lori and Carl stay, yet his daughter runs away with Glen.
ChrisSabal
11/29/11 1:54:12PM

Posted by Svartorm

I figured Sophia would be in the barn when they said Otis rounded up folks from the swamp.

What I thought was going to happen was that Shane was going to murder Hershal and become a post-apocalyptic warlord over the women of the house hoping Lori would choose the safety of the farm and Shane over uncertainty of the road with Rick.

Now I imagine Hershal kicks them all out but lets Lori and Carl stay, yet his daughter runs away with Glen.

I can see this happening. I would actually like them to write off Lori and Carl like that. Sure I would love to see Lori get bit while she is pregnant and then give birth to a zombie baby, Dawn of the Dead style, but I could see them going the safe route and writing them off the show like this.
emfleek
11/29/11 2:03:33PM
I can't see any scenario happening in which Rick leaves Lori and Carl.
Ordep
11/29/11 4:49:27PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Ordep

The way I see it is that you can only do so much on the streets and in the city with the same cast of characters week in and week out.

"Look, I'm shooting a zombie!"

"No, look at me! I'm brutally dismembering a zombie with an axe!"

"What about me!? I just shot one in the face with an arrow!"

Rinse and Repeat.

I like the introduction of the new characters and storylines.

No show is going to survive without numerous sub-plots.

I see your point, but an entire (half)season on that? There were new characters and storylines in the 1st one while they were moving. The stage changed from Rick's town, to ATL, to camp, back to ATL ... it was a balance. The second season has been 85% family (Sophia,Carl,pregnancy) related issues within the same stage. It got old after 4 episodes of the same stuff.
emfleek
11/30/11 8:42:37AM

Posted by Ordep

I see your point, but an entire (half)season on that? There were new characters and storylines in the 1st one while they were moving. The stage changed from Rick's town, to ATL, to camp, back to ATL ... it was a balance.

Looking back, it was poorly balanced, imo. The same basic story was that they were running/hiding from walkers at all times. The sub-plots that developed (and wrapped up within 2 episodes for the most part) such as the CDC episodes and the 2 episodes about the Latino gang, were weak and poorly thought out. At no point did you "get to know" the new characters that were introduced. All we knew is that, at some point, a walker was going to be brutally disposed of.

Less walkers now = increased element of surprise.

In the end...it's different strokes for different folks. I like how they've pumped the brakes a little bit and let us get to know (for the most part) each individual character on the show. Sure, it took a few episodes and it stalled a bit but I think this past episode was possibly the best to date and I can only seeing it getting better from here on out.
Svartorm
11/30/11 3:32:06PM

Posted by emfleek

I can't see any scenario happening in which Rick leaves Lori and Carl.

It would tear him up, but perhaps he'd leave her there with Carl and look for a permenant place to stay for them. Keep in mind, that farm runs on a gas-powered generator and they'll run out of livestock and canned goods eventually.

A good angle would be one where they try and fix one of those burnt out farms nearby, and have to deal with backbreaking labor, the pressure of being non-farmers trying to figure out how it all works, labor distribution, and everything compounded with having to watch their backs due to zombie attacks. It would make it more of a survivalist angle and allow a shift in characters, where some older ones of less importance (T-Dogg, Dale, ladies at Hershals place) could be offed, and new folks could show up.

Also, you know Merrill is returning, and I'm pretty sure he's going to try and sabotage the group, which results in the brother taking sides and killing off Merrill.
Adrenaline
12/1/11 1:00:53AM

Posted by Svartorm
Also, you know Merrill is returning, and I'm pretty sure he's going to try and sabotage the group, which results in the brother taking sides and killing off Merrill.

This whole season I was going "alright, where is Merrill and what the hell is he up to" His character is such an asshole but its a great role, they don't shy away from his ignorance thats for sure. I wonder if he is going to just try to split up the group or if he is going to be coming for Ricks head. I can see him doing something like kidnapping a pregnant Lori or maybe Carl or something of that nature. From Daryl's hallucinations you can already tell that Merrill is going to try to manipulate him into either leaving the group or sabotaging it entirely. I think you are right Svartorm, I think a big storyline coming up will be about Daryl having to choose between his blood and the group. Should be interesting.

FlashyG
12/13/11 6:28:59PM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Shane probably replaced darryl as the dopest bad tough sob on the show!

I actually think Shane looked weaker in that episode than any character has on the show in both seasons.

IMO he is so jealous of Rick that he wants to BE him. He is jealous that Rick is with Lori and Carl, that Rick will be raising (possibly) his kid, and that despite all his tough talk when it comes down to it, Rick is more of a leader than he is.

I think that's what they were going for by showing Shane all tough and gun crazy while mowing down unnamed walkers. When it came time to finish off one of their group in Sofia though, he stood frozen almost in tears while Rick once again had to make the tough choice.

In every decision Shane has ever made he's taken the easy choice.

And for those of you worried about getting spoilers from the comic books you can probably relax, they've gone so far off the comics that I doubt they'll be using them for much other than very rough outlines.
emfleek
2/7/12 10:37:53AM
Season 2 picks back up on Sunday!

cowcatcher
2/7/12 10:45:04AM

Posted by emfleek

Saw a commercial for it last night, so glad it's back again.
ChrisSabal
2/7/12 11:41:33AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

Saw a commercial for it last night, so glad it's back again.

I honestly can't wait for Sunday. I have nothing to watch on tv since How I Met Your Mother is very weird on when they air new episodes.

emfleek
2/7/12 11:48:27AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

I honestly can't wait for Sunday. I have nothing to watch on tv since How I Met Your Mother is very weird on when they air new episodes.

HIMYM has gone completely down the crapper. The show is borderline garbage these days, imo.
Franklinfan47
2/7/12 7:19:59PM
DUDES!! I love this show. Didnt know any on the playground watched. So excited for Sunday. Think Herschel is gonna kick them off the farm?
emfleek
2/8/12 8:11:46AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Think Herschel is gonna kick them off the farm?

Nope. I do think he's going to eventually end up being a zombie snack though.
Drudinh
2/10/12 4:11:02AM
IMP. I think life on the farm is over. Life after z day is just a constant RUN!
DancingDoll
2/10/12 12:13:50PM
They need to get off the farm and get the action going again like they had in the first season and the earlier half of season 2. Once they settled onto the farm, I thought there was too much emphasis on the personal melodrama rather than the suspense-drama.

I want more zombies, less chit-chat.
Franklinfan47
2/11/12 3:32:22PM

Posted by DancingDoll

They need to get off the farm and get the action going again like they had in the first season and the earlier half of season 2. Once they settled onto the farm, I thought there was too much emphasis on the personal melodrama rather than the suspense-drama.

I want more zombies, less chit-chat.

I have a feeling a massive zombie attack is coming which will kill off many characters

Though I guess I always have that feeling
Adrenaline
2/12/12 9:36:45PM
Were just a couple hours away from a new episode
ChrisSabal
2/12/12 10:30:20PM
well I am loving how Rick is turning very dark. I think the writers noticed how much love Shane was getting and had to turn Rick dark. I give the episode about an 8/8.5. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of comments I have read was that people felt that there was a lot of scenes that were out of place and didn't need to be shown. I disagree with this though I'm sure they showed these scenes for a reason.
Franklinfan47
2/12/12 10:39:19PM
I thought the episode was extremely slow until the last 15 minutes or so. It'll be interesting to see how this "war" develops. It looks like next week people come looking for the guys rick shot.
Ordep
2/13/12 8:20:40PM

a change is needed, now the stupid bitch got into an accident so that's probably going to be the take over the drama from Sofia and be " ahh no the baby" blah blah blah

hopefully a zombie will eat her and the baby before help arrives
emfleek
2/14/12 9:47:46PM

Posted by Ordep

a change is needed, now the stupid bitch got into an accident so that's probably going to be the take over the drama from Sofia and be " ahh no the baby" blah blah blah

I sense a miscarriage coming.

But I agree...it made no sense for the dumb bitch to go after them after they had just left to "go to town" which, from what I gather, isn't awfully far away. Typical woman...impatient as all hell.
Adrenaline
2/14/12 10:22:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Ordep

I sense a miscarriage coming.

But I agree...it made no sense for the dumb bitch to go after them after they had just left to "go to town" which, from what I gather, isn't awfully far away. Typical woman...impatient as all hell.

Agreed, good hell woman, they just left. I'm glad Daryl told her to eat shit when she asked him to go to town.

And to those wanting more Zombies, if you watched the "Talking Dead" (the after show) The Executive Producer, Glen Mazzara said that there is alot more Zombie action coming up and said that fans would not be disappointed but I guess we will just have to wait and see.
cowcatcher
2/15/12 9:10:17AM

Posted by cowcatcher

I really wouldn't mind seeing Lori(Rick's wife) go. She's been a real catch you next Tuesday since the show started and she's just not hot enough for me to continue rooting for her survival.

Nothing has changed since I posted this except my desire to see her die has grown. I cannot stand that woman.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6