The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Walking Dead - Season 2 (WARNING: Potential Spoilers and Brain Eating)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Boo_Radley21
11/16/11 1:56:24PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

After I watched the first episode I told a couple of my friends that I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but it has gotten better and better since. I know what you're saying though Fleek, but the show is really pretty damn good.

I just watched Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead and I'm glad we got to see Merle again, the guy that plays him does evil douchebags so damn well. I don't know how, but Darryl has become the most likable character IMO after starting out as a dick, and I'm just waiting for Shane to crack and everything to go to hell in a handbasket again. You can sense the clock running out on them at the farm really quickly here.

Maybe I'll give American Horror Story another shot. Any idea if the episodes are available online?

I have to admit...Darryl has grown on me. I still think his acting is par (at best) but the character itself has grown on me.

My vote for the next person to get killed goes to Andrea (the b*tchy blonde). She's been on my nerves ever since they group left the CDC.

I can't wait for Andrea to go either. So far this season has been much less exciting than the last but it's still good
cowcatcher
11/16/11 2:07:14PM
When she goes, so goes the best rack on the cast. Just sayin...

She is sickening though. I'll be sad to see Dale go, he''s the father figure and those guys are usually likable. I really wouldn't mind seeing Lori(Rick's wife) go. She's been a real catch you next Tuesday since the show started and she's just not hot enough for me to continue rooting for her survival.
40ouncetpkid
11/16/11 11:12:56PM
Emfleek i can get you guys downloads of fights, tv shows whatever ha just didnt know if i was allowed to post em haha. American Horror Story is badass!

Walking Dead was badass the whole first season but this second season has been very disappointing seems more like a soap ópera then a zombie show since theirs less zombies too but darryl is the mothafreakin man! They need more him and the black guy and his son from the first season, and his badass brother! More killing Please! I hope that old man fed that lil girl to the zombies!
mrkennedy
11/17/11 1:47:20AM
Probably T-Dog or Carol will die next
emfleek
11/17/11 10:11:25AM

Posted by mrkennedy

Probably T-Dog

I wouldn't be surprised.

And I like that there's less zombies this season. I think the violence (not that I'm against it) went a bit overboard last season. It was almost as if they were trying to sell the show to the audience based on the multiple ways one can kill a walker.

Speaking of which...

Get rid of the crossbow. No one in their right mind would have a friggin crossbow when there are guns available.
ChrisSabal
11/17/11 10:58:05AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mrkennedy

Probably T-Dog

I wouldn't be surprised.

And I like that there's less zombies this season. I think the violence (not that I'm against it) went a bit overboard last season. It was almost as if they were trying to sell the show to the audience based on the multiple ways one can kill a walker.

Speaking of which...

Get rid of the crossbow. No one in their right mind would have a friggin crossbow when there are guns available.

Not too sure of that. Ammo is eventually gonna run out for all the guns. While with a cross bow you can make your own ammo.
emfleek
11/17/11 11:02:09AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Not too sure of that. Ammo is eventually gonna run out for all the guns. While with a cross bow you can make your own ammo.

There are abandoned towns/cities left and right. I would think the likelihood of running out of ammo would be very low at this point.

I never thought about making your own arrows. Good call. I'd still say ditch it until you reach that point (if that point exists), though. It makes no sense to carry around a bulky weapon like that with a single arrow at your disposal.
cowcatcher
11/17/11 11:23:11AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ChrisSabal

There are abandoned towns/cities left and right. I would think the likelihood of running out of ammo would be very low at this point.

I never thought about making your own arrows. Good call. I'd still say ditch it until you reach that point (if that point exists), though. It makes no sense to carry around a bulky weapon like that with a single arrow at your disposal.

Not only can you make your own ammo and recover the used ammo, but it's nearly silent and won't draw attention. It's a great weapon to have IMO.
emfleek
11/17/11 11:56:18AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Not only can you make your own ammo and recover the used ammo, but it's nearly silent and won't draw attention. It's a great weapon to have IMO.

But when you're down to one arrow (like he is) you're F'd if there's more than one "walker".
ChrisSabal
11/17/11 12:41:06PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

But when you're down to one arrow (like he is) you're F'd if there's more than one "walker".

well he also has a knife. Which I don't know why he didn't use when there was 2 zombies.
emfleek
11/17/11 12:45:22PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

well he also has a knife. Which I don't know why he didn't use when there was 2 zombies.

You're playing with fire if you're close enough to a zombie to use a knife.

If he would have had a gun, everyone else back at the farm would have heard him shoot it and would likely have come looking for him to help.
FlashyG
11/17/11 1:26:57PM
But would the help get there faster than the walkers would?

In the first episode of the series Rick learned that even a single gunshot attracts any nearby zombie that hears it.

thats the main reason they use sticks, shovels, crossbows etc. Guns are only a last resort.

I'd still want to be carrying one though.
emfleek
11/17/11 1:42:48PM

Posted by FlashyG

I'd still want to be carrying one though.

Exactly. There's no reason he can't at least carry a pistol. To only have a crossbow (with one arrow) and a field knife is ludicrous.

Going back an episode or two...

Why on Earth would you waste an arrow on the zombie that had hung itself from the tree? Pointless.
emfleek
11/22/11 9:19:10AM
Thoughts on this past episode?

The Andrea/Shane thing was cheesy. I'll say that much.
cowcatcher
11/22/11 9:37:01AM

Posted by emfleek

Thoughts on this past episode?

The Andrea/Shane thing was cheesy. I'll say that much.

"Go on then"

Everything is out in the open now. My guesses: The barn walkers will be blowing the sweet thing they have going on at the farm before they are even forced to leave. Shane is off the deep end and going to slip about what happened to Otis and probably will end up killing someone else. I'm expecting a few deaths coming up in the next episode or two. Things are going to be really interesting from here on out. The next episode has a chance to be the best of the season by far.
emfleek
11/22/11 10:30:42AM
I honestly have no idea what to expect. They're making it seem like Shane is going to off Dale but I can't see the "elder" leaving the show unless he's replaced with Herschel, who creeps me out.

I reeeeeeeeeeeally wish they'd back off the "push" of Andrea as one of the main characters, too.

I can't believe there are still 7 episodes left of Season 2!
kingsmasher
11/22/11 10:56:01AM
I love the first season..>Especially episode one where in teh immediate beginning Rick blows the head off the little girl...I said to myself...They are taking the gloves off for this show...I mean writing wise...

now I am big into movies and TV...I started Film School but did switch to digital media...I never watched Lost...I know it went on and had people who loved it..

In Lost i thoguht was kinda silly when they introduce others on the show...I mean if you on an island with survivors you cant just bring in all the other crap they did...but they did it and people ate it up...It lost me there...It would be differnt if it was a huge island and they were fighting tribes...but I have to believe in it if it starts liek it could be a true story...

but thats whats genius about the walking dead.....They can introduce characteres into the show that will generate fans...cameo appearances...when they go city to city...

I cant wait to see the second season but I will watch it after its over....I cant watch one episode at a time...
emfleek
11/22/11 11:04:57AM

Posted by kingsmasher

I cant watch one episode at a time...

It's definitely hard to wait a week between episodes. Normally I'll let a series rack up about 3 or 4 episodes on the DVR and then I'll watch but I can't do that with this show. As soon as an episode records, I have to watch it. I can't wait 2 or 3 weeks between viewings. It killed me to wait until October for Season 2.
FlashyG
11/22/11 11:43:57AM
As someone who loved the first season, this season has been hot garbage.

The plot never goes anywhere, and they take a month to do what should be done in an episode.

This new showrunner is awful, he's forgotten rules they set in the first episode completely.

Do the walkers hunt by smell or sight? in the first season they had to cover themselves with guts to hide their scent, now all they do is duck under the nearest car. (not to mention what happened to the body armor they wore in the first episode)

At first any gunshots were too noisy as they attract every walker for miles plus ammo is nearly gone after Shane and Otis took that trip to the school. Apparently it isn't low enough or too loud that Shane can't hold gun practice daily with most of the camp.

Its hard to imagine you can screw up something so badly, when it was already pre-written for you, and even story boarded.
emfleek
11/22/11 12:04:26PM

Posted by FlashyG

As someone who loved the first season, this season has been hot garbage.

The plot never goes anywhere, and they take a month to do what should be done in an episode.

This new showrunner is awful, he's forgotten rules they set in the first episode completely.

Do the walkers hunt by smell or sight? in the first season they had to cover themselves with guts to hide their scent, now all they do is duck under the nearest car. (not to mention what happened to the body armor they wore in the first episode)

At first any gunshots were too noisy as they attract every walker for miles plus ammo is nearly gone after Shane and Otis took that trip to the school. Apparently it isn't low enough or too loud that Shane can't hold gun practice daily with most of the camp.

Its hard to imagine you can screw up something so badly, when it was already pre-written for you, and even story boarded.

Valid points. Things I haven't even thought of outside of the ammo thing.

I do agree with the plot stalling. This whole thing with the kid has got to stop. Just assume the dumbass little brat is dead and move on.

If you had to guess, how much "real" time has elapsed since the 1st episode? A few weeks? Months?
FlashyG
11/22/11 12:20:33PM
They've been at that farm for what has to be at least a month.

Either that or Carl has recovered from his gunshot wound that had him on deaths door WAY too fast.

Another thing that bothered me in the last episode is Lori swearing Glen to secrecy about her morning after pills but then leaving all the wrappers sitting out in the open after taking them.

Also why did she have to go outside to pee on the pregnancy test? wouldn't the bathroom of the house or even the RV have been a more secluded place?

Really the actress who plays Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) is one of the worst actresses i've ever seen, she has one facial expression and it only switches from bug eyed to REALLY bug eyed.

emfleek
11/22/11 12:30:50PM

Posted by FlashyG

Either that or Carl has recovered from his gunshot wound that had him on deaths door WAY too fast.

Another thing that bothered me in the last episode is Lori swearing Glen to secrecy about her morning after pills but then leaving all the wrappers sitting out in the open after taking them.

Also why did she have to go outside to pee on the pregnancy test? wouldn't the bathroom of the house or even the RV have been a more secluded place?

Really the actress who plays Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) is one of the worst actresses i've ever seen, she has one facial expression and it only switches from bug eyed to REALLY bug eyed.

I agree about Carl. That's what prompted me to ask the question.

As for Lori...the whole Morning After pill drove me nuts. We're being lead to believe that her and Rick have been intimate when there's been zero indication of it.

My girlfriend said the same thing about her going outside for the pregnancy test. Why run the risk of someone seeing you do it? And then she didn't tell Rick and had the nerve to get pissed at him because he didn't tell her that Herschel wants them to leave? Hmm...well, that's just typical female stuff, I guess.

Then there was the case of the "super quiet hush-hush" zombie in the pharmacy.

I would agree with Lori's acting skills. I don't think it's much worse than Darryl's, though. Or Carol (Sophia's mom)...I think that's her name.

I need to leave this thread. Now I find myself dissecting the show and getting pissed!

40ouncetpkid
11/22/11 12:32:45PM
Yeah seriously Its ridiculous. They need to leave that barn Its ridiculous and gettinf boring. Its turning into a soap opera. Like i said before they need to veinte that black guy and his kid back in and darryls brother not to mention their wasnt enough darryl in the last one! Starting to like shane too after telling that nosey óld man off. I was totally fucked up on some bankers club rum and smoked an l, i totally geeked when he tore him a new butthole and when the tarjeta girl told off the milf when she got grabbed at the pharmacy hahah

However, with Rick finding out about shane, old guy trying to push them to move on away from his barn it seems like it could go back to being good it just sucks the last few epusodes where a complete waste, the barn family should've been feeding the zombies people not chickens, and seriously in a world full a zombie how is a little girl expected to survive a day nevertheless weeks to a month?

1st season was easily one of the best seasons of any show ever.
FlashyG
11/22/11 12:45:26PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by FlashyG

I agree about Carl. That's what prompted me to ask the question.

As for Lori...the whole Morning After pill drove me nuts. We're being lead to believe that her and Rick have been intimate when there's been zero indication of it.

My girlfriend said the same thing about her going outside for the pregnancy test. Why run the risk of someone seeing you do it? And then she didn't tell Rick and had the nerve to get pissed at him because he didn't tell her that Herschel wants them to leave? Hmm...well, that's just typical female stuff, I guess.

Then there was the case of the "super quiet hush-hush" zombie in the pharmacy.

I would agree with Lori's acting skills. I don't think it's much worse than Darryl's, though. Or Carol (Sophia's mom)...I think that's her name.

I need to leave this thread. Now I find myself dissecting the show and getting pissed!

My favorite characters on the show were Merle and Morgan both of whom were written out in the first 2 episodes. Hopefully neither permanently. I've never minded Daryl much because he gets 1 or 2 lines an episode but Lori gets more screen time than anyone on the show, other than Rick, and she really doesn't deserve it.
Ordep
11/22/11 1:02:00PM
I'm ready for Lori to be dead, hopefully it will happen, and if it does it better be soon. Actually I'll be happy if all of them die besides Daryl, Glenn, T-Dog and Shane. Just them 4 in some survival action stuff. No drama about kids, life, pregnancy, unfaithfulness, hope and all that shit. Not to sound a *ick, but women are taking too much time in this show and ruining it.
emfleek
11/22/11 1:07:22PM
T-Dogg could be killed off immediately and I wouldn't miss him one bit.

FlashyG
11/22/11 1:11:44PM
I've been borrowing a South Park term and just calling T-Dogg Token as its only a matter of time before they kill him.

They'll have to bring Lennie James back first though to keep the minority content high enough.

This was my favorite show last season, but I'm much more into Boardwalk Empire this season.

Edit - Just thought of something else, in the flashback we saw the military napalming Atlanta, did the new exec forget that they already explored Atlanta, and had been scavenging from it since the world zombified. Wouldn't we have seen some fire damage? or did they miss the city with the bombs?

Or feeding the walkers in the barn chicken? You just showed us not more than 2 or 3 episodes ago that walker's cant starve. Remember the swinging zombie who tried to hang himself when he got infected? He was still hanging fully alive and I highly doubt other walkers were bringing him food.

Lazy writing.
Ordep
11/22/11 3:03:44PM

Posted by emfleek

T-Dogg could be killed off immediately and I wouldn't miss him one bit.

He would be used as a zombie decoy in my scenario.
ChrisSabal
11/27/11 9:59:41PM
well everything makes sense now after the mid-season finale. That was one of the best Walking Dead episodes so far. Can't believe we have to wait till February.
Adrenaline
11/28/11 3:50:49AM

Posted by emfleek

Hey Fleek, I can't remember the episode number and would have to look it up but shortly after Rick is reunited with the group, there is a scene where Lori and Rick are in bed together and it looks like they are about to get busy. Its a very quick scene but I think that is what they are running with.

Anyway, great show. I'm addicted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6